February 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread - National Signing Day edition

55 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

Yeah, Cochran might not be a great on field coach (honestly don’t know) but he will be a heck of a recruiter and a huge asset to our program. 

well cochran does have on the field with the scout team coaching (i know people will say that's not possible, but it comes from realiable sources) and he does soooo much for the bama program that his hire is a huge win..  he can coach special teams and I bet he was involved in the special team's planning while at bama.. he is all over that program..  can you imagine him on the recruiting trail?  recruits and their families many times pointed to him and how much they loved him as a big help in them picking bama..

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kirby quote on recruiting guys with character concerns... “It should never be the only thing, but it’s definitely the most important thing. The older I get, the more wiser I get, the more you rea

From Chad Simmons: Talking to sources throughout the day today, it is clear Matt Luke “KILLED IT” with Jones.One source told me, “Matt Luke made a quick connection with Broderick and I think he m

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, RxDawg said:

I'm not sure if I'm the minority but part of me would've likedo for us to hire a QB guy. That being said, I don't know enough to figure out if this is a good or meh. Just hoping we'll be good enough on offense.

we have buster already and we are fine there.. no reason to hire another or promote buster yet.. he will replace monken when he moves on IMO.  cochran turned down kiffin's on the field offer and other team's have inquired as well, but coachran and kirby are very close and it was a no brainer for this hire to happen.. cochran has wanted to leave for a while. 

13 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Johnson was an analyst too, and my all reports was far more of the "real" QB coach during his entire time here despite Chaney and Coley's official designations 

johnson was a huge loss when he went to colorado.. there is a reason that tucker took him with him to msu.. johncan can coach.  you are right he was really working with the qbs a lot and added a lot to the offense. 

27 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

we have buster already and we are fine there.. no reason to hire another or promote buster yet.. he will replace monken when he moves on IMO.  cochran turned down kiffin's on the field offer and other team's have inquired as well, but coachran and kirby are very close and it was a no brainer for this hire to happen.. cochran has wanted to leave for a while. 

Yep this says it all 

HC- Smart

OC & QB- Monken

OL- Luke

RB- Mcgee

WR- Hankton

TE- Hartley

ST- Cochran

DC & OLB- Lanning

DL- Scott

ILB- Schumann

DB- Warren

Only 11 coaches and 4 Graduate Assistants can be at practice. QC/Analysts can do many things, but they can't recruit out on the road or be at practice. 

Still expect us to hire another analyst FWIW 

3 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Ridiculously huge news. Cochran was such a huge part of that Bama program. Apparently a lot of people don't realize just how big. Not only is this a huge boost for us but it's a huge loss for Bama. 

Saban is mad.  Lol he wouldn't let Cochran's address to the team to say goodbye. Haha

24 minutes ago, L.A.Falcon Fan said:

Man, sidenote, this guy is becoming one of my favorite players dad of all time! I'm not sure if I've ever seen a recruit's family from outside of Georgia seem so #HBTFDawgs with it! They bleed black and red!

Well, sort of

He bleads his sons, and the school his son chose to attend is part of that. A dad to be proud of for sure

22 hours ago, Americus_dawg said:

Kirby's Dad, Sonny, was the coach at Rabun County years ago and asked his friend to come help him out. His friend was George Bobo lol

Then Jaybo and Connor Shaws dad coached there. Now Jaybo coaches there and Connor is back at South Carolina.

Mike’s dad will always be “Coach Bobo” to me. Haha. It’s funny to see all these WB gurus on social media. I’d put George Bobo’s list of players he’s worked with in the past twenty-five years up against anybody’s.

Bama fans don’t seem bitter :ninja:

redtusc
Posted on 5 hrs, , User Since 206 months ago, User Post Count: 31,730
  • 5 hrs
  • 206 months

I dont wish him ill will to Cochran, but I certainly don't wish him well either. Coach Saban and Alabama put him on the map and continued to increase his salary, paying him way beyond what he would have received elsewhere. In turn, we see how far his appreciation and loyalty goes. Make no mistake, this was Kirby's assault once again on Saban. When other coaches left to take head coaching jobs, Smart felt they played nice with Saban and got run roughshod. Therefore, Kirby has made a conscience effort to attack Saban at his foundation to weaken Alabama. From recruiting for Georgia on our payroll, to showing a picture of our recruiting board to recruits to use against us, to illegal contact with Maurice Smith, to stealing Mel Tucker, to lying to recruits about Saban retiring, this low-life, bowl-cut loser has made it his mission to take deliberate aim at CNS and Alabama no matter how malicious or unethical. I hope BDS is rockin' come 9-19-2020 and Alabama sends that dirty dawg back to Athens with his tail between his legs. Just a low-life coward!

RTR

9 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Bama fans don’t seem bitter :ninja:

redtusc
Posted on 5 hrs, , User Since 206 months ago, User Post Count: 31,730
  • 5 hrs
  • 206 months

I dont wish him ill will to Cochran, but I certainly don't wish him well either. Coach Saban and Alabama put him on the map and continued to increase his salary, paying him way beyond what he would have received elsewhere. In turn, we see how far his appreciation and loyalty goes. Make no mistake, this was Kirby's assault once again on Saban. When other coaches left to take head coaching jobs, Smart felt they played nice with Saban and got run roughshod. Therefore, Kirby has made a conscience effort to attack Saban at his foundation to weaken Alabama. From recruiting for Georgia on our payroll, to showing a picture of our recruiting board to recruits to use against us, to illegal contact with Maurice Smith, to stealing Mel Tucker, to lying to recruits about Saban retiring, this low-life, bowl-cut loser has made it his mission to take deliberate aim at CNS and Alabama no matter how malicious or unethical. I hope BDS is rockin' come 9-19-2020 and Alabama sends that dirty dawg back to Athens with his tail between his legs. Just a low-life coward!

RTR

Who exactly has Saint Saban played nice with?  To be honest, given how freely and quickly coaches bolt today, Kirby and Cochran would be two of the most loyal members of that staff.  Sometimes it's good for a change.  They can cry over all those national titles they've won.  The Dawgs want to join in on the fun!

29 minutes ago, richham said:

Who exactly has Saint Saban played nice with?  To be honest, given how freely and quickly coaches bolt today, Kirby and Cochran would be two of the most loyal members of that staff.  Sometimes it's good for a change.  They can cry over all those national titles they've won.  The Dawgs want to join in on the fun!

And I remember Kirby being extremely loyal during the national championship game putting everything on hold to Finnish up with the Tide. 

1 hour ago, Wardog357 said:

And I remember Kirby being extremely loyal during the national championship game putting everything on hold to Finnish up with the Tide. 

Yeah same. Cochran and Kirby did a combined 20 years. Accusing of subterfuge and disloyalty is completely ridiculous. Everyone is gunning to be their best selves.

Bama fans being self-centered?? Color me shocked.

What actually is surprising to me though is Saban. I thought that after all this time he was seen as a pretty professional guy. I'm surprised with his behavior over this.