Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carter

February 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread - National Signing Day edition

2 hours ago, itsjustafleshwound said:

Top three running backs you want in 2021?

Two most likely?

1. Edwards 

2. Pryor

3. Brown 

In that order for me, I think we have good shot with all of them. I have no clue who’s most likely. Hearing a lot of Pryor talk but nothing solid

11 hours ago, itsjustafleshwound said:

Top three running backs you want in 2021?

Two most likely?

Pryor  Most Likely

Edwards

Carroll Most Likely

Treveyon Henderson is now the #2 RB in the country following the latest update, #1 on 247, second only to Camar Wheaton, but the way things are trending, Wheaton may not be there for long; may still end a 5 star, but not the highest ranked

It'll probably be Henderson and Edwards battling it out for that top spot, it looks like, that or LJ Johnson

Edited by VA F.O.

Speaking of RBs, this update was posted a few days ago:

It’s early in the cycle but a few minor shifts here...

Based on recent increased mutual interest, Dell is going out of state again for his RBs.

Primary thunderback: Donovan Edwards

Lighting back: Trayvon Henderson (highlight posted yesterday)

I think we have a puncher's chance on Evan Pryor; expect OSU. I do not think we have the same chance on Will Shipley; the cultural spiritual alignment at CU/ND will land this commitment. Our instate backs, Brown and Carroll, remain on the board, but shots will be shot at the 2 names above first. D. Edwards and T. Henderson are more dynamic and fit the system Monken is installing.

Still feel dangerous with DB projection. 5 spots (2S, 2CB, 1 hybrid). This will be the highest rated DB haul in Kirby era, maybe of all time.

1. David Daniel-90%
  2. James Williams-90%
  3. Tony Grimes-90%
  4. Nyland Green-75%
  5. Isiah Johnson-75%
  6. Corey Collier-50%
  7. Jordan Hancock-50%

WR-sticking with the projection of 2: Mario Williams and Agiye Hall.

Lastly regarding OL: I do expect Amarius Mims and T. Ferguson to choose the dawgs. Micah Morris is an excellent player, but hearing CML is higher on Mims and Ferguson. Temper expectations on landing all 3 of these guys, all capable of playing T. For Morris, it we don’t secure his commitment, we will play his team every year.

Everybody dropped Morris in the latest update, with Ferguson staying pretty much the same, and it's looking like Morris may keep falling

I'm a fan of him as a G/RT type, but no way he plays LT for us, though I'm not sure Ferguson could either. 247 doesn't even list Ferguson as a T anymore, reclassified him to G

6 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Everybody dropped Morris in the latest update, with Ferguson staying pretty much the same, and it's looking like Morris may keep falling

I'm a fan of him as a G/RT type, but no way he plays LT for us, though I'm not sure Ferguson could either. 247 doesn't even list Ferguson as a T anymore, reclassified him to G

Morris dropped because he hasn't show well at G in camps and that will be the position he plays in college. He’s still a very good OL no matter where he ends up ranked 

Love this quote from SoFl Dawg:

“Still feel dangerous with DB projection”

Makes me think of American Sniper movie

”How do you feel old man?”

Kyle:  “Booyah! I feel dangerous, Seargent.”

Everyone and their brother predicting Raleek Brown to Oklahoma 

Always remember that when a kid calls a school their "dream" school or something similar ignore it 

It means nothing 

Which option is your preference?

1.  Brock Vandagriff

2.  Caleb Williams

3.  Pass on either Brock or Caleb and wait a year on Stockton

Completely hypothetical.  But if you could sign just one, who you got?  And is Stockton good enough to forego Brock & Caleb and wait a year on him to get on campus?

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Which option is your preference?

1.  Brock Vandagriff

2.  Caleb Williams

3.  Pass on either Brock or Caleb and wait a year on Stockton

Completely hypothetical.  But if you could sign just one, who you got?  And is Stockton good enough to forego Brock & Caleb and wait a year on him to get on campus?

I personally like Caleb. Reminds me of Baker Mayfield. But Brock is pretty good, too. My only concern with Brock is that he's from a small school in the smallest classification in GA. Perhaps his perception as a 5* QB is a reflection of the level of competition he's faced. In any event, I don't think you pass on either with hopes of grabbing Stockton. You sign one and go full throttle on Stockton.

8 minutes ago, LawDawg said:

I personally like Caleb. Reminds me of Baker Mayfield. But Brock is pretty good, too. My only concern with Brock is that he's from a small school in the smallest classification in GA. Perhaps his perception as a 5* QB is a reflection of the level of competition he's faced. In any event, I don't think you pass on either with hopes of grabbing Stockton. You sign one and go full throttle on Stockton.

Caleb was my clear preference over Brock if our old OC was still leading the offense.  I think he ends up a top 5 prospect and his mobility is nice. With Monken Om good with either.

All I know about Stockton is the hype so I’m curious about people’s thoughts

1 minute ago, Americus_dawg said:

Would be shocked if he didn't go to South Carolina. 

So I’ve heard.  I guess it’s a Bobo thing.

247 had an update yesterday on Stockton & UGA but it’s VIP restricted and didn’t feel like paying for it

Is Isaiah Simmons really a comp for James Williams?  I’m giddy thinking of the versatility he brings.  6’5, 220 lbs safety that runs like a deer.

Coach Rambo keeps telling him to be the next Sean Taylor.  Sounds good to me.  Dawgs trying to build Hurticanes 2001 secondary

1 minute ago, LawDawg said:

Perhaps Kirby can find a position for George on the staff.

Kirby's Dad, Sonny, was the coach at Rabun County years ago and asked his friend to come help him out. His friend was George Bobo lol

Then Jaybo and Connor Shaws dad coached there. Now Jaybo coaches there and Connor is back at South Carolina.

2 minutes ago, Americus_dawg said:

Kirby's Dad, Sonny, was the coach at Rabun County years ago and asked his friend to come help him out. His friend was George Bobo lol

Then Jaybo and Connor Shaws dad coached there. Now Jaybo coaches there and Connor is back at South Carolina.

Sounds Ike a whole lot of nepotism going on...lol