Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carter

February 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread - National Signing Day edition

9 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

I agree LawDawg, We are there on Defense, maybe this will be the right combination of coaches on the offense. Time will tell for sure.

Been a lot of talk about how this group of coaches has already hit it off very well. I think we had that in 2016 building into the 2017 season that also had some very special team leaders come back. That team got robbed of a natty imo. 2018 was a small trainwreck behind the scenes and I think ruined some of the magic, which carried over into 2019. Main reason I was never on the Evans train. Kirby said it best about how he wants to recruit and build his team. Team chemistry is huge and one or two players can absolutely ruin it. (Not saying Evans would have ruined everything but I completely disagree with the notion that he was worth the risk or the risk was minimal.)

We will definitely see how things go with this rebuilt offense and staff. I have a good feeling on it from things I’ve read and heard. Might be gas tho

11 minutes ago, Americus_dawg said:

Newbie question.....

Anyone else, upon getting their first Falcon's Life notification, think that Arthur Blank was hustling insurance?

I always thought the Falcons Life thing was weird man. :lol: Think he might be getting high on his own supply keeping Dimitroff and Quinn another year.

1 minute ago, Carter said:

I always thought the Falcons Life thing was weird man. :lol: Think he might be getting high on his own supply keeping Dimitroff and Quinn another year.

Had to ask! Didn't know if I needed to schedule bloodwork or gossip about recruiting. 

@SacFalcFanthanks for having me. A friend spoke highly of you, so I'll toe the line the best I can. 

31 minutes ago, Americus_dawg said:

Had to ask! Didn't know if I needed to schedule bloodwork or gossip about recruiting. 

@SacFalcFanthanks for having me. A friend spoke highly of you, so I'll toe the line the best I can. 

no worries man.. you are one of our favorite posters and you are always welcomed..  :)

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Welcome bro

This the americus y'all talk about from the other board?

@Americus_dawg Welcome!! As you can see, your reputation precedes you. :D

I think you're in good hands. I'd have probably left recruiting news a long time ago if not for this bunch. Great posters and little bs.

Just be careful of the game day threads. For some reason that's when the haters show up en masse. Probably no different from other boards in that respect, though.

Edited by AutumnEffect

It does get bad in the UGA game threads most of the time, but it’s probably better than other places I’ve been. It’s a lot better than the vent game day threads, which may actually clean my carpet they suck so much. Fortunately I enjoy the vent a lot most other days.

No idea how 247 is on game day, those boards are all mostly terrible and filled with toxic emotional d-bags the rest of the time so I haven’t even bothered with game day there. They treat laguna like a legit poster instead of the dip**** that he is so I don’t have much hope for that bunch lol

I never got into the rant homeboard or field street forum for some reason. Rant main boards are cringe city though, but that’s expected on a free board. For a free board this place here is pretty awesome tbh. 

6 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

I have had a vision (I'm part Cherokee so I'm entitled to those!) and we are going to win 2 of the next 4 Nattys.   Starting in 2020 as Newman outduels Sunshine and we beat Clemscum for the first one!

Ok Elizabeth Warren...

11 hours ago, Carter said:

It does get bad in the UGA game threads most of the time, but it’s probably better than other places I’ve been. It’s a lot better than the vent game day threads, which may actually clean my carpet they suck so much. Fortunately I enjoy the vent a lot most other days.

No idea how 247 is on game day, those boards are all mostly terrible and filled with toxic emotional d-bags the rest of the time so I haven’t even bothered with game day there. They treat laguna like a legit poster instead of the dip**** that he is so I don’t have much hope for that bunch lol

I never got into the rant homeboard or field street forum for some reason. Rant main boards are cringe city though, but that’s expected on a free board. For a free board this place here is pretty awesome tbh. 

Game threads are universally bathroom reading fodder.

The best example is the SB51 game day thread on the Patriots forum.  First half was “Belichick & Brady are washed up and need to go”...about 60 pages of it.  Then the 4th quarter happened

5 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Game threads are universally bathroom reading fodder.

The best example is the SB51 game day thread on the Patriots forum.  First half was “Belichick & Brady are washed up and need to go”...about 60 pages of it.  Then the 4th quarter happened

Not sure what you mean. I don't recall the NFL had a SB 51? Strange, they must have skipped that year.