February 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread - National Signing Day edition

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kirby quote on recruiting guys with character concerns... “It should never be the only thing, but it’s definitely the most important thing. The older I get, the more wiser I get, the more you rea

From Chad Simmons: Talking to sources throughout the day today, it is clear Matt Luke “KILLED IT” with Jones.One source told me, “Matt Luke made a quick connection with Broderick and I think he m

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Surprised that SoFL has Lindberg in the 2 deep next year.

we keep hearing whispers of more possible OL attrition.    I'm curious about Clay Webb.   You recall he basically said the main reason he committed to UGA was Sam Pittman - I know they all said that but seemed a little deeper connection for Webb than others.    I have a friend/family connection and will see if I can get some intel on if CW is happy or not - hope he is because still think he could be great for Dawgs.

On 2/8/2020 at 0:40 PM, g-dawg said:

we keep hearing whispers of more possible OL attrition.    I'm curious about Clay Webb.   You recall he basically said the main reason he committed to UGA was Sam Pittman - I know they all said that but seemed a little deeper connection for Webb than others.    I have a friend/family connection and will see if I can get some intel on if CW is happy or not - hope he is because still think he could be great for Dawgs.

I don't see any more attrition on the oline.. we already had a lot of attrition on the oline which was why we took so many guys..  the 3 additional guys we took are for depth only.. I don't see any of them making an impact in the 1st 2 years.  i don't see Webb leaving at all.  Webb love pittman, but he also fell in love with UGA and was a Dawg fan..  Webb is going to play a lot this coming year.  

11 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

I don't see any more attrition on the oline.. we already had a lot of attrition on the oline which was why we took so many guys..  the 3 additional guys we took are for depth only.. I don't see any of them making an impact in the 1st 2 years.  i don't see Webb leaving at all.  Webb love pittman, but he also fell in love with UGA and was a Dawg fan..  Webb is going to play a lot this coming year.  

Where do you see Salyer starting, at LG, or RT?

37 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Where do you see Salyer starting, at LG, or RT?

He will start out at one of the T positions my guess is RT and Truss at LT. From there it’s going to depend on how Jones and Ratledge improve. I think the starting OL against Virginia will be 

LT- Truss

LG- Shaffer/Hill 

C- Hill/Webb

RG- Cleveland 

RT- Sayler

I don’t expect that to be the same OL combination by year’s end though 

4 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

He will start out at one of the T positions my guess is RT and Truss at LT. From there it’s going to depend on how Jones and Ratledge improve. I think the starting OL against Virginia will be 

LT- Truss

LG- Shaffer/Hill 

C- Hill/Webb

RG- Cleveland 

RT- Sayler

I don’t expect that to be the same OL combination by year’s end though 

I agree with this lineup.   Have heard they think Hill will be better at OG.  Just saw where Big Ben got engaged in LV over the weekend.  Hopefully with a new wife and maybe kids on the horizon, the light will come on for him and he will realize that he can have a career in the NFL if he wants it and that he needs a big SR season if he wants to get drafted high.  Not sure he likes football enough to do it, but I sure hope so.  

Edited by 007dawg
1 hour ago, RxDawg said:

Unreal the amount of talent in that DB room, especially if we land Grimes and J. Williams 

Williams, Grimes, Johnson, Daniel, plus probably Green or Hancock, and maybe even Collier.

That would be the DB haul of all time.

We're losing LeCounte, Daniel, Webb, Stokes, and Campbell after this season, so it's quite possible.

Ringo, Stevenson, and Cine will be 2021 starters for sure.  Wilson, Chris Smith, Burns, Kimber, and Branch will round out the veteran depth.  But then 2022 would be thin AF (Ringo, Kimber, Burns, & Branch is about it) if we don't land at least 5 DB's in next class.

So I suspect all those guys I mentioned will be licking their chops as they'd get 2-3 years of a ton of playtime.

We could have 6+ 5*s in the 2021 class.  Maybe even upwards of 9 because of how many Georgia 5*'s there are that just happen to be need positions for us too.  DB, ILB, OLB, and DE especially.  There's potentially 6-7 5* just in those 4 positions.  Now add in BVG + Mims + at least 1 RB, and maybe even a WR.

Plus probably an additional 3-4 4*'s in the top-50, and another 4-5 in the top-100.  We could quite possibly have 17-20 players from the top-100, of which 7-9 are likely from the top-32.  We may break 320 points and still have 3-4 more recruits to take.  Could be the highest rated recruiting class of all time.

HOWEVER, we all know the ranking companies won't let that happen.  Bama will get their bumps while our players who commit early will get downgraded in the end.

Edited by Beef
1 minute ago, Beef said:

Williams, Grimes, Johnson, Daniel, plus probably Green or Hancock, and maybe even Collier.

That would be the DB haul of all time.

We're losing LeCounte, Daniel, Webb, Stokes, and Campbell after this season, so it's quite possible.

Ringo, Stevenson, and Cine will be 2021 starters for sure.  Wilson, Chris Smith, Burns, and Kimber will round out the veteran depth.  But then 2022 would be thin AF (Ringo, Kimber, & Burns is about it) if we don't land at least 5 DB's in next class.

So I suspect all those guys I mentioned will be licking their chops as they'd get 2-3 years of a ton of playtime.

We could have 6+ 5*s in the 2021 class.  Maybe even upwards of 9 because of how many Georgia 5*'s there are that just happen to be need positions for us too.  DB, ILB, OLB, and DE especially.  There's potentially 6-7 5* just in those 4 positions.  Now add in BVG + Mims + at least 1 RB, and maybe even a WR.

Plus probably an additional 3-4 4*'s in the top-50, and another 4-5 in the top-100.  We could quite possibly have 17-20 players from the top-100, of which 7-9 are likely from the top-32.  We may break 320 points and still have 3-4 more recruits to take.  Could be the highest rated recruiting class of all time.

HOWEVER, we all know the ranking companies won't let that happen.  Bama will get their bumps while our players who commit early will get downgraded in the end.

Is DJ Daniel out of eligibility after this season? For some reason I thought he had an extra year? Campbell should have one more, but I agree barring a poor season, he's probably a draft departure.

2 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

Campbell will have to have a huge year if he decides to leave.

As long as it's not a poor year, his measurables likely make him a combine standout... could easily see an agent pitching him on going early. Hope not of course, but not sure what the analytics look like on DBs leaving early for draft vs sticking around for their final season... 

6 minutes ago, fibonaccisquared said:

Is DJ Daniel out of eligibility after this season? For some reason I thought he had an extra year? Campbell should have one more, but I agree barring a poor season, he's probably a draft departure.

Yeah Daniel is a true Senior, and Campbell and Stokes will enter the draft, for sure.

5 minutes ago, Beef said:

Yeah Daniel is a true Senior, and Campbell and Stokes will enter the draft, for sure.

I agree with Stokes as he had a good enough year in 2019 and should build upon it which should push him into at least a 2nd round selection.

Campbell?  I dunno - his Freshman year was “meh” and he played good in 2019 but missed a lot of time.

10 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Weren't we already supposed to be leading for Isaiah Johnson?

Could we really potentially get both?

Yeah, because it's pretty well known that Campbell and Stokes are both leaving early for the NFL after this year.  I've heard multiple insiders mentioned it.  Sentell, Adams, plus SoFL and Americus have all said something about it at some point.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

I agree with Stokes as he had a good enough year in 2019 and should build upon it which should push him into at least a 2nd round selection.

Campbell?  I dunno - his Freshman year was “meh” and he played good in 2019 but missed a lot of time.

Campbell has elite size and speed, and he is going to have a stellar year if he stays healthy.  Kid was a 5* for a reason.  Even if he goes 2nd or 3rd day, he's likely gone because his family is pretty poor, is what I believe I've heard.

2 hours ago, fibonaccisquared said:

As long as it's not a poor year, his measurables likely make him a combine standout... could easily see an agent pitching him on going early. Hope not of course, but not sure what the analytics look like on DBs leaving early for draft vs sticking around for their final season... 

He needs better film.  WR’s can greatly benefit their stock on the combine, based on speed and measurable, but I think db’s need more solid film, than just a good combine.  

25 minutes ago, Turkeydawg said:

He needs better film.  WR’s can greatly benefit their stock on the combine, based on speed and measurable, but I think db’s need more solid film, than just a good combine.  

Instincts is a very important trait when looking at CB''s, DB's and LB's. Being able to turn your head as a DB or CB is critical. Anyone remember Chris Houston? Talent for days but could not turn his head to save his life.