February 2020 UGA Recruiting Thread - National Signing Day edition

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kirby quote on recruiting guys with character concerns... “It should never be the only thing, but it’s definitely the most important thing. The older I get, the more wiser I get, the more you rea

From Chad Simmons: Talking to sources throughout the day today, it is clear Matt Luke “KILLED IT” with Jones.One source told me, “Matt Luke made a quick connection with Broderick and I think he m

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Anyone know what's up with Burch? Why is his mom blocking his LOI being sent in? Seems weird.

Allegedly, he agreed to visit LSU if they won it all, and they flipped him on the visit, but his mom said no. It's currently unknown whether the LOI he signed was for LSU or SC, but neither team has received a signed LOI, and the time is running out for whatever he signed to be submittable 

Apparently, SC coaches met with them after all this and were not happy

Suggestion was also made that most, if not all, interest to UGA was on his mom's end

Basically, everyone with inside info is saying his mom has been running the whole thing, and gave assurances to multiple schools, and is just flat out making everybody involved miserable 

14 minutes ago, Augustadawgchop said:

For me, I’d worry more about mcconkey and smiths size vs press man than kr...I mean, it’s just my eyes, but outside of having the mass to take hits without fumbling, I’d say kr one of the least mass sensitive 

McConkey in the slot has a two-way go and with his quicks trying to press him is a recipe for eventual disaster for a defender. The D might win some of the time in press but those “Edelman type” guys will win a lot from the slot.

A speed demon like Smith may lose against press some, maybe most of the time, but once he learns to release at LOS against it.. and scheme can help also, he is a D killer because you HAVE to play him over the top with deep help because if he gets a step on a press defender he is GONE!

31 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Anyone know what's up with Burch? Why is his mom blocking his LOI being sent in? Seems weird.

He wants to get out of Columbia and far. Mom wants him close. UGA was the compromise school but Burch just wasn’t feeling it. He wants LSU now and mom is not having it.

Lots of rumors but that’s the basic layout of the situation there from what I understand. 

Lots of info being put out there as well that the "team" dynamic at SC is messed up right now; just a lot of really unhappy players, unhappy with the coaches and their playing time etc

Apparently players have not been subtle about telling potential recruits how bad it is

Right now, nobody expects Muschamp in Columbia in 2021

2 hours ago, Ransack said:

Guys Ladd is going to have to put on 20+lbs of bulk before he plays. He's in the 150-160 range right now.

He’s 170-175. Guess you didn’t see his interview with Jeff Sentell.

He was 5’6 115 just 2 years ago, and grew 6 inches and gained 55-60 lbs since.  And he said his mother was worried and took him to the doctor who after xrays said his growth plates were still open and he will likely grow a couple more inches and pack on more weight.

Ladd will be 6’1 200 within a year, most likely.  His brother is 6’2 220, same as his dad.

1 hour ago, Augustadawgchop said:

For me, I’d worry more about mcconkey and smiths size vs press man than kr...I mean, it’s just my eyes, but outside of having the mass to take hits without fumbling, I’d say kr one of the least mass sensitive 

Isaiah McKenzie was 5’7 160 and he did pretty well. Still doing well in the NFL.

Ladd is a slot receiver, they don’t have to be that big and most slot college receivers are under 200lbs. In our S&C program gaining 15 pounds is nothing. Honestly, as long as he can take the hit I don’t care his weight. This isn’t the pros, it’s college. 

9 hours ago, Ransack said:

Guys Ladd is going to have to put on 20+lbs of bulk before he plays. He's in the 150-160 range right now.

Brooks Austin does a tremendous job here breaking down McConkey’s potential under Monken. Especially later in the film when he does the Casey Martin comparison.  Just watch.

4 hours ago, Beef said:

Brooks Austin does a tremendous job here breaking down McConkey’s potential under Monken. Especially later in the film when he does the Casey Martin comparison.  Just watch.

I'm not sure why you're quoting me on this. I've watched Ladd's tape and I know Monken's history with the position. My only comment has been in regards to tempering people's expectations about when to expect him to contribute based on his size. There's been no comments on anything else regarding him.

26 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

Zykievous Walker.   What happened with him?   Did we slowplay him in the hope that we would get Burch?   Hate to see him at the Barn.   They think he can be another Marlon Davidson for them.  

Walker saw our depth at DE/JACK, knew he wouldn’t see the field for a while, and didn’t want to have to compete.

We have a good haul coming in for 2021, so no worries.

5 minutes ago, Ransack said:

I'm not sure why you're quoting me on this. I've watched Ladd's tape and I know Monken's history with the position. My only comment has been in regards to tempering people's expectations about when to expect him to contribute based on his size. There's been no comments on anything else regarding him.

Because you’re wrong on his size?

Don’t say he’s 150 when he’s 175 and say there’s a size issue and not expect someone to correct you when you’re off by 25 lbs and size not being an issue.

14 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Georgia had another monster recruiting season.  This one should be their best.  We still looking for a running back...:(  Signed some good athletes but not a pure running back...

Huh??

Kendall Milton and Daijun Edwards arent pure RB’s??  What?

The only reason Milton isn’t a 5* is because he committed way early, shut down his recruiting, and didn’t go to a single allstar game (turned them all down after being asked to attend every one of them).

Recruiting sites don’t like you when you don’t help them generate clicks with storylines.  But mark it, Milton will be a first round draft pick in 3 years and another Todd Gurley in the NFL.

And Edwards will be a better version of Elijah Holyfield for us.  Actually, a much better receiver, so will end up with more ap yards.

3 minutes ago, Beef said:

Huh??

Kendall Milton and Daijun Edwards arent pure RB’s??  What?

The only reason Milton isn’t a 5* is because he committed way early, shut down his recruiting, and didn’t go to a single allstar game (turned them all down after being asked to attend every one of them).

Recruiting sites don’t like you when you don’t help them generate clicks with storylines.  But mark it, Milton will be a first round draft pick in 3 years and another Todd Gurley in the NFL.

And Edwards will be a better version of Elijah Holyfield for us.  Actually, a much better receiver, so will end up with more ap yards.

He means Ohio State

28 minutes ago, Beef said:

Don’t say he’s 150 when he’s 175 and say there’s a size issue and not expect someone to correct you when you’re off by 25 lbs and size not being an issue.

There’s a significant difference between 5’8 175 and 6’1 175. McConkey will fill in and be fine but he is not physically ready. Even Dominick Blaylock came in at 6’1 195. McConkey needs to add weight. Fortunately it shouldn’t be any problem for him. We just shouldn’t expect him to contribute right away or even year 1. And the truth in that is not limited to his size... dude has hardly played receiver at all.

33 minutes ago, Beef said:

Ohh that's right you know all because you read Jeff Sentell and watch Brooks Austin. Carry on. 

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

There’s a significant difference between 5’8 175 and 6’1 175. McConkey will fill in and be fine but he is not physically ready. Even Dominick Blaylock came in at 6’1 195. McConkey needs to add weight. Fortunately it shouldn’t be any problem for him. We just shouldn’t expect him to contribute right away or even year 1. And the truth in that is not limited to his size... dude has hardly played receiver at all.

Yes, he has a big upside imo.   Will be able to help out as soon as 2021 after a redshirt year.  I'm excited to see what he can do and hopefully he can get on the field some in 4 games this year.