Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DonOfThemBirds

What about Curtis Weaver, Edge Rusher from Boise St?

4 hours ago, Spts1 said:

You getting CLOSER to a dimitroff type pick.  montana state would get you closer...

never in the 1st round though. Our top picks have been BC, KSU, Bama, UCLA, Florida etc plus a few LSU guys in the 2nd and 3rd

7 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

Love him but hes boom or bust. To me hes like a newborn pass rusher who's come into the world with talent but is still learning to walk. Everything depends on his desire once he gets some money.

I hate this years dts and edge players, I wish we didn't need them so bad. Hardly a one with technique or a plan that's developed.

This.

Really is a weak class. Sadly have had to conform(settle) for what is available. Just don't see the size for anyone besides Kinlaw  to pair with Grady, when we were 1-7 I was all about some Brown with pick number 5.

Gallimore? Meh, maybe If he shows up 310 plus at combine Id be more excited.

BPA for our obvious need but if they are undersized?

DL is hated by me as well.

5 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Not a fan of too many edge guys, but I need to look at more. Try Josh Uche, Gross-Matos, and Bradlee Anae. I dig Marlon Davidson as a versatile in-and-out guy. 

So, a no go on Terrell Lewis?

With 2 second round picks and given TD's history its very possible we trade up.  And I would like to believe it would be someone in the trenches but would anyone here be surprised if we went up and grabbed a CeeDee Lamb or Jerry Jeudy.  As for Curtis Weaver the PFF guys seem to like his production but lack of competition and elite physical tools hurt him a little bit.  But even when Boise played P5 schools with pretty good offensive tackles Weaver was still productive.  If we use all 3 of our picks in the first 2 rounds as is I wouldn't mind having him with one of our 2nd round picks. 

Edited by Em_Jae20

27 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Not a lot to watch, because he’s been hurt a lot. Which is only reason why he won’t be a Top 15 pick. 

But man, when he has been in there, he’s explosive and disruptive as ****.

I like Lewis. The more I watch him, the more I like him. I like Jennings as well

23 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Yeah. 13.5 sacks this year looks good at first, but when you see that 7 of them came against UNLV and Portland State, it's like...really? Who? 

Yes this is my exact gripe with him. He shows some flashes, but against better teams he didn’t do a whole lot. Beat up on pretty bad competition. 

We`d be much better off taking the best and biggest interior DT at #16 then trying to draft another Edge guy with our #16.

I dont want to draft the #3 bust edge rusher in the 1st in recent years. 

Build the interior DL formthe long haul first. Get Grady some help.

On 2/1/2020 at 11:50 AM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I think at that point you're stuck taking the 4th or 5th best edge guy when you could be taking a top 2-3 guy at a different position. We will see how the combine goes tho

You know i've always thought this was a bit of a weird stance on things.  Depending on how strong or deep a certain position is.  The 4th or 5th player at that position could still be a better prospect and talent coming out as BPA than the 2nd or 3rd player at a different position.   Like to me this year TE is a really weak class at the top and i would have all of these positions,  DE, DT, QB, WR, CB, and OT all having 5 to possibly even 7 players at their position better coming out than the #1 TE coming out.   To me in the 2nd im taking Weaver, Gallimore, Davis and a few others before im taking Kmet as i think they are better players at their positions over Kmet at his even though he is the #1 TE in the draft probably.

On 2/1/2020 at 0:19 PM, Francis York Morgan said:

Reminds me of Jaylon Ferguson last year. Stiff slow dude that won't be able to cut it against NFL caliber talent outside of a backup role imho. Tries hard and is pretty slippery though.

Watching him, he doesn't appear to have the athletic numbers that guys at the top of the draft usually have.  Looks like another 6' 2'' ish DE.  I really would like a bigger/longer guy that has legit 4-3 DE size.  Think John Abraham.  If a DE doesn't have that kind of size and athletic ability, I'm not spending a top 50 pick on him.  These under sized guys just haven't worked out for Atlanta.  Granted all guys are different, they just have not worked for Atlanta.  Weaver doesn't appear to be much of an athlete despite the production.  If he runs under 4.8 in the 40 I would be shocked.