What about Curtis Weaver, Edge Rusher from Boise St?

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I think at that point you're stuck taking the 4th or 5th best edge guy when you could be taking a top 2-3 guy at a different position. We will see how the combine goes tho

yep and we need to hit on one also

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I think at that point you're stuck taking the 4th or 5th best edge guy when you could be taking a top 2-3 guy at a different position. We will see how the combine goes tho

What about the 2nd round?

Do you see him being around a 10 sack pass rusher in the NFL?

8 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Yeah. 13.5 sacks this year looks good at first, but when you see that 7 of them came against UNLV and Portland State, it's like...really? Who? 

I like that his production has been the same for 3 years.  Averaging a TFL & nearly a sack per game for three years is impressive

Alex Highsmith projects better IMO for small school guy

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Isn't he the Mountain West all-time sack leader?

What are your opinions on him an if you see him as a riser up draft boards after the combine and prodays?

Love him but hes boom or bust. To me hes like a newborn pass rusher who's come into the world with talent but is still learning to walk. Everything depends on his desire once he gets some money.

I hate this years dts and edge players, I wish we didn't need them so bad. Hardly a one with technique or a plan that's developed.

7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

True, but DeMarcus Lawrence did play in the same conference and developed into a really good edge rusher in time in the NFL.

This isn't gonna be an off-season for projects. This team is in win now mode. We have Cominsky and Senat who for some reason they won't play, I assume because he is a project. 

Expect some affordable vet signings and the first three picks being starter ready.

19 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

True, but DeMarcus Lawrence did play in the same conference and developed into a really good edge rusher in time in the NFL.

Gotta compare the way they move though, how they rush, etc.

The biggest similarity between the two is that they're both from Boise St.

45 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Reminds me of Jaylon Ferguson last year. Stiff slow dude that won't be able to cut it against NFL caliber talent outside of a backup role imho. Tries hard and is pretty slippery though.

They’re a lot a like. Decent third round guys like Ferguson. Who did ok at Baltimore in a rotation. No way do I want him in the first

1 hour ago, FalconDawg28 said:

I starting to really like Chaisson. I just have a feeling he is going to blowup the combine and go before 16. 

I like Chaisson and would draft him at 16 but what you said is said all the time. It was said last year with Burns and Sweat and they actually blew the combine away.

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Outside of the obvious of Young, Chaisson, and Epenesa who do I need to look at for edge rushers?

Not a fan of too many edge guys, but I need to look at more. Try Josh Uche, Gross-Matos, and Bradlee Anae. I dig Marlon Davidson as a versatile in-and-out guy.