Official HAWKS February Game Thread!

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude, it's like so past time to trade this bum.  He's clearly not improving.  17 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 steal... man he's such a liability on defense.  And going 3 of 3 on 3pt'ers?!?  Totally reminds m

Collins looks like a switch has been turned on and the light is ultra bright. His perimeter shooting is like night and day vs a month ago. His stroke looks like a veteran wing. His put-backs are

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but I'm going to anyways.

Is there anyone who would seriously still rather have Luka over Cam and Trae? I'm just curious why. At worst, the Hawks came away with two of the top 3 players in two decent drafts.  

Cam would be clear #1 in this years draft

30 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Having Trae go for 30 every night is fun, but nights like this are much much better for long term success. Give me 5 guys who score over 15 any night

24 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Not to keep beating a dead horse, but I'm going to anyways.

Is there anyone who would seriously still rather have Luka over Cam and Trae? I'm just curious why. At worst, the Hawks came away with two of the top 3 players in two decent drafts.  

I seriously prefer Trae over Luka straight up. Cam is the icing on the cake. Trae brings everything the city of Atlanta needs. I’m not sure Luka would have the same success he is having in Dallas if he were here.  

1 minute ago, therawest said:

I seriously prefer Trae over Luka straight up. Cam is the icing on the cake. Trae brings everything the city of Atlanta needs. I’m not sure Luka would have the same success he is having in Dallas if he were here.  

Luka’s game translates to any style.  Dude is a legit MVP candidate at 20 years old.

But Luka < Trae + Cam.  In 5 years it won’t even be a question.  Trae & Cam should average around 50 ppg by as early as next year

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Collins has been beasting out the last month, bro.  Starting to see Schlenk’s puzzle come together.  Still not sure LP is the guy to get us where we want to go....but he was the right man to get the ball rollin

At times I get pissed with CLP but then I realize he has an extremely young team so I understand there is a huge learning curve. TS is definitely building a solid team and I still think we are two pieces away.  Collins IMO opinion is an upcoming 4 that should be respected!!

26 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

At times I get pissed with CLP but then I realize he has an extremely young team so I understand there is a huge learning curve. TS is definitely building a solid team and I still think we are two pieces away.  Collins IMO opinion is an upcoming 4 that should be respected!!

Young team, injuries/suspensions, and focus on development. 

CLP has been a great development coach. I don't see how people cannot see the progress each young guy has made.  I give CLP a pass on some X and O/ lineup stuff because I do believe he sometimes does things that are counter to winning but align with maxing our young guys. Like giving young guys minutes when they are struggling.  I think we all agree with Cam's potential and his future as a starter, but I don't think CLP wants to hurt Huerter's confidence until we are in win mode, so he gives him minutes and the start. 

Collins looks like a switch has been turned on and the light is ultra bright.

His perimeter shooting is like night and day vs a month ago. His stroke looks like a veteran wing. His put-backs are calculated and precise, when before they were just him trying to out-athlete bigger guys.  Same with his rebounding.  His ball handling is clearly improved too.

Dude is playing like an allstar right now.  If not for that suspension, he’d have been here 6-8 weeks ago and been a unanimous allstar.

We’re not going to need Giannis, folks.  Another year or two and we already have him.

If/when Cam and Hunter start averaging 20+ ppg (and it’s coming), and Capella gets in there and gels, and Huerter becomes a 15-20 ppg sniper off the bench, and this team is going to be scary.

Defense will come around as everyone relaxes/loses the pressure monkey off their backs, and Capella gets in there.

Future is bright.

Edited by Beef
56 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Luka’s game translates to any style.  Dude is a legit MVP candidate at 20 years old.

But Luka < Trae + Cam.  In 5 years it won’t even be a question.  Trae & Cam should average around 50 ppg by as early as next year

Trae is as well. If we had more of a veteran team and was winning more, he would be up there. Trae has that Mamba mentality. He also has the bravado and flash the city needs to rise out of mediocrity while being very entertaining. The reason why I think Luka is doing better in Dallas is because they already had a winning culture with an international fan base. Trae wants the challenge of bringing the first championship to Atlanta.