Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UGABOZ

Official HAWKS February Game Thread!

552 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

The growth of Reddish & Hunter along with the signing of Capella make the upcoming draft a complete mystery.  There is nobody in our top 6 that really needs upgrading.  This team simply needs time and some quality veteran backups.  

Edwards has played like the true #1 lately.  But adding him seems like wing overkill.  No starting PG needed.  Do we need Wiseman with Clint on the books?

Maybe Toppin but with Collins increased range and offensive outburst/efficiency  lately he will get a max contract from us

I agree. I think the first thing we do with our pick is try and trade it. If some team is really sold on someone we could get a haul. I don't think this draft is really important to us. I think we would rather have more future first round picks. Once we have to start paying our young core having those first round picks will be nice to keep us under the tax, while adding depth. 

Edwards and Wiseman still make sense, but I just struggle to see how Edwards gets minutes. I do think he could be better than Huerter, but he feels like he is going to need a Trae/Cam like early season, and I cannot see us being able to give him 20+ minutes when we have the other three who can all still grow and won't be costing us games by playing them. 

I was originally on board with just waiting to 2021 and sign collins then because I figured the better cap flexibility would be worth it, but with how well he is playing, I think we need to extend him asap, because he will be getting a max contract in 2021. No way teams like the Knicks/Hornets/etc don't just try and offer it to him if we do not. 

I have always thought 2020 Offseason and Season is about seeing what we have. What leaps are guys taking? Is Huerter still a guy we see long term as a starter or 6th man. What level has Hunter and Reddish reached. ALso is CLP our coach of the future or is he just an elite player development coach and we need to find our Kerr now. 

Don’t over think this. Take the best player available. The options from there are endless. Not to mention injuries occur often. We can play from a standpoint of extreme depth or package for another star. 

therawest likes this