Romfal's 1st 2020 Mock - SB Edition

Romfal

I'm keeping FA simple this time around, I think we find a way to keep Hooper even if we franchize tag him and that will be the majority of the money we have. We may or may not cut Trufant and Freeman post June 1st, neither will have a heavy impact on the below draft

my goal was to address the lines

Round 1

A.J. Epenesa, DE, Iowa 6-5 277lb

Long, High motor, physical, hopefully turns in to our Nick Bosa lite or Patrick Kerney

GettyImages-1196298127.jpg?w=2560&h=1440

Round 2

Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma 6-2, 300lb

Twitchy, disruptive defensive tackle that will benefit highly being next to Grady taking on double teams.

lead_gallimore.jpg

Ben Bredeson, G, Michigan 6-5 320lb

4 year starter at LG that excels in pass protection giving up 0 sacks in 2019 with 8 hurries on 922 snaps

FBL18_Indiana_eb_165_.jpg

Round 3

Zack Moss, RB, Utah 5-10, 220lb

Arguably the most physical back in this class

8668763.jpg

Round 4

Matt Hennessy, C, Temple 6-4 295lb

One of the best on the move Centers in this class gets to learn from Mack for a year

MC147952.jpg

Round 5

Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa 6-1 200lb

Zone corner with some length to complete for reps outside

USATSI_11640675-1024x682.jpg

Round 7

Jeremy Chinn, S Southern Illinois 6-2 202lb

Small school standout that can start on special teams and grow into depth at the position

EKK2NsAWwAA1V4r.jpg

3 minutes ago, Romfal said:

:tiphat: would have liked to fit LB  in there somewhere, maybe in the end 2 linemen is overkill but I think Hennessy could be really good in our scheme

I personally could see just taking Hennessy, maybe even a round earlier and putting him beside Mack at LG to learn and moving over when he leaves and then get a LG  :)

3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I don't like him as a RDE either. He is prob a better fit as an end in a 3-4 but will be good a LDE in a 4-3. How would Takk look at.RDE?

I don't have a personal issue with AJ and if we drafted him I think he'd be a good player but I think we could find potentially more impactful guys at 16.   AJ plays like Takk when I look at him on film but I think we'd benefit more with either a speed guy off the edge (Beasley with more dog in him) or an athletic tree stump next to Grady.

2 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

I don't have a personal issue with AJ and if we drafted him I think he'd be a good player but I think we could find potentially more impactful guys at 16.   AJ plays like Takk when I look at him on film but I think we'd benefit more with either a speed guy off the edge (Beasley with more dog in him) or an athletic tree stump next to Grady.

I agree. We.need a true RDE to pair With Takk. 

10 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

That's the best mock I've seen if it worked out. Henn is a top 3 OC so he's going rnd 3 at absolute latest

moss is a top 5 rb prospect that doesn't get a lot of hype.

Personally when it comes to Hennesy I think he is the 4th zone center in this class

Cushenberry, Cesar Ruiz, Nick Harris are my top 3. I haven't done much research on this but I highly doubt on average you have more than 1 Zone center per round in a draft. 

6 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

at first glance, I agree with this but I also rarely see us making ideal use of an elite speed 4-3 DE in this defensive scheme(see how terrible Beasley was fitted for such a long time) so I see no issue moving Takk to RDE which seems like a better fit and sticking Epenesa at LDE for the next 10+ years. to me he is the closest thing we will get to a Patrick Kerney type player