4 words for those questioning what to do about resigning Austin Hooper

Refried Beans

He wont go 3rd. The more I am reading, we are going to address our DE position via free agency so we get a PROVEN DE not a project. So I expect Falcons to go after Kinlaw or Simmons with 1st pick, a Center or CB with 2nd pick (Winfield Jr) and then RB with third pick. Moss will be there in 4th maybe even last to fifth. 

8 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

He wont go 3rd. The more I am reading, we are going to address our DE position via free agency so we get a PROVEN DE not a project. So I expect Falcons to go after Kinlaw or Simmons with 1st pick, a Center or CB with 2nd pick (Winfield Jr) and then RB with third pick. Moss will be there in 4th maybe even last to fifth. 

You do know those articles and projections that you're reading don't truly hold value don't you

4 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

Neither is Hooper, one thing you can say he will be a worker

This is how it has always been.  A player can develop, become very good, prove to not only be effective and even critical, but if he is not producing highlight reel plays, he is no good. 

With all the issues the Falcons need to resolve, it is perplexing to me that this has become a focal point. 

TD, just sign him so the focus on this board can change.  Who knows?  It may change to something worth discussing.

2 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Moss is cheaper than Hooper and right now Falcons gotta have champagne taste with a beer budget. 

I agree with that.  Folks need to get real on money before they go to the market.  Someone show me some real numbers for cap space.  Not what ifs.  SHOW ME DA MONEY!  :rain:

Edited by Realsurfin

4 hours ago, NaGaBoy said:

This is how it has always been.  A player can develop, become very good, prove to not only be effective and even critical, but if he is not producing highlight reel plays, he is no good. 

With all the issues the Falcons need to resolve, it is perplexing to me that this has become a focal point. 

TD, just sign him so the focus on this board can change.  Who knows?  It may change to something worth discussing.

true but i meant for my statement to be for Moss...just going off the work ethic of his dad.. i love Hooper i truly do...  but if we cant afford him lets take a TE with a little more upside.. while we get the cap in order so when its time for his extension we should be in a great position...with a LOMBARDI in the CASE