Mock Draft Post Senior Bowl

datchrisb1

1. Bengals- Joe Burrow QB (LSU)

2. Redskins- Chase Young DE (Ohio ST)

3. Lions- Jeff Okudah CB (Ohio ST)

4. Giants- Jedrick Willis OT (Alabama)

5. Dolphins- Tua Tagouvailo QB (Alabama)

6. Chargers- Justin Herbert QB (Oregon)

7. Panthers- Isaiah Simmons LB (Clemson)

8. Cardinals- Andrew Thomas OT (UGA)

9. Jacksonville- Javon Kinlaw DT (South Carolina)

10. Browns- Mekhi Becton OT (Louisville)

11. Jets- Derrick Brown DT (Auburn)

12. Raiders- Jerry Jeudy WR (Alabama)

13. Colts- CeeDee Lamb WR (Oklahoma)

14. Bucs- Tristan Wirfs OT/OG (Iowa)

15. Broncos- Laviska Shenult WR (Colorado)

16. Falcons- Grant Delpit S (LSU)- Get the best talent best fit player left on the board. He will be the eraser we need on the back end of our defense and will also allow us to be more flexible as he can play high and low.

ROUND 2: Jordan Elliot DT (Missouri)- I like this guy better than Derrick Brown. Initially he was a late first, seems to be sliding in the process. He is just as stout, not as quick as Brown but he has a more complete game and offers more as a pass rusher. On tape you can tell he has taken the time to master his craft.

ROUND 2: Ross Blalock DT/DE (TCU)- I would play him on the edge kind of how we play Clayborn, at 300 lbs he has exceptional movement skills.

ROUND 3: Ben Cleveland OG/OC (UGA)- Another guy I'm surprised at as far as the process so far. He is a massive long dude he will be a plus as far as talent in both our run and pass game.

ROUND 4: Jonah Jackson OG/OT (Ohio ST)- Another massive guy with versatility. Continue to upgrade the trenches.

ROUND 5: A.J. Dillon RB/FB (Boston College)- I miss Michael Turner. Like the burner Turner especially the San Diego years, he was a big back but was able to operate in the run game as a smaller back because of his ability to reach the holes provided. Holes close fast in the league, Watch his initial burst once he reads the blocking, he is going to be something in the league.

ROUND 7: Alvin Davis FS/CB (Akron)- Special teams, corner and safety depth. More speed on the back end.

Edited by datchrisb1

I have a feeling that Delpit won’t be the top safety taken (I’m considering Simmons LB). Give me McKinney over Delpit personally, but could get behind either. That said, we have 2 starting caliber FS already under contract, don’t see the team adding a 3rd w the 16th pick...a lot can change from now to sprin* though.

like the Blacklock pick. Would be a great grab should he last that long. Same w J. Jackson, rumors were he could be a big riser after senior bowl week, some saying he is the top guard now in the class. Could be a round 2 guy.

4 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I have a feeling that Delpit won’t be the top safety taken (I’m considering Simmons LB). Give me McKinney over Delpit personally, but could get behind either. That said, we have 2 starting caliber FS already under contract, don’t see the team adding a 3rd w the 16th pick...a lot can change from now to sprin* though.

like the Blacklock pick. Would be a great grab should he last that long. Same w J. Jackson, rumors were he could be a big riser after senior bowl week, some saying he is the top guard now in the class. Could be a round 2 guy.

Elliot, Blacklock and Hamilton are my round 2-3 DT targets

48 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Not a fan of Elliott at all. Dude has absolutely no get off & got handled all the time.  He gets beat often then turns his back. Unless he went unblocked, he’s not showing much at all. 
I just don’t get it???

Ross Blacklock is 3X the player.  

What game did you watch? Jordan Elliott?

23 hours ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Love AJ Dillon. I think he's the best RB in the draft.  Won't be there in the 5th

He could easily be there in 5th. He is so big that many don't even see him as a rb. When a player doesn't have a clear position they fall. Imo fb is a waste of his talent but plenty of teams see him as a fb and no more.

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

He could easily be there in 5th. He is so big that many don't even see him as a rb. When a player doesn't have a clear position they fall. Imo fb is a waste of his talent but plenty of teams see him as a fb and no more.

That's odd. Why wouldn't they see him as a RB??? He played the position. He is big but has good speed for this size, not slow fullback speed. Watch his highlights, he dominates at times, throwing defensive players ala Beast Mode. He looks like the best RB in the drat to me. Never, ever would I see this guy as a fullback. 

5 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Why two OL? Not arguing against it, just want to hear your reasoning, you projecting Cleveland to center sooner than later

Scweitzer I think is a free agent, even still not high on him or Brown, Carpenter can't stay healthy. Both could serve as starters this year at guard, eventual replacement for Mack. Competition is a great motivator at the end of the day.

4 minutes ago, datchrisb1 said:

Scweitzer I think is a free agent, even still not high on him or Brown, Carpenter can't stay healthy. Both could serve as starters this year at guard, eventual replacement for Mack. Competition is a great motivator at the end of the day.

Not bad reasoning at all.. a plausible scenario. Good mock btw

6 hours ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

Not in love with Delpit. If you think we miss too many tackles in the secondary, this is not who you want to add. Plus, FS is the last concern back there.

A difference between not a willing tackler and bad technique. He had this issue this year, didn't have it last year. He brings it, either he's not wrapping up or bad angles, its not an issue of effort. He's physical enough, that part of his game is there. And he's the best player left on the board IMO as far as scheme fit. A difference maker for us IMO.

8 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

What game did you watch? Jordan Elliott?

Whatever was posted above LOL.

I stuck with it longer this time datchrisb1.  I watched it again on my laptop while I wasn’t distracted & I do see what he’s capable of when he’s locked in.  Nice, swim/arm over move & power when he applies himself.

On 1/31/2020 at 1:06 PM, datchrisb1 said:

1. Bengals- Joe Burrow QB (LSU)

2. Redskins- Chase Young DE (Ohio ST)

3. Lions- Jeff Okudah CB (Ohio ST)

4. Giants- Jedrick Willis OT (Alabama)

5. Dolphins- Tua Tagouvailo QB (Alabama)

6. Chargers- Justin Herbert QB (Oregon)

7. Panthers- Isaiah Simmons LB (Clemson)

8. Cardinals- Andrew Thomas OT (UGA)

9. Jacksonville- Javon Kinlaw DT (South Carolina)

10. Browns- Mekhi Becton OT (Louisville)

11. Jets- Derrick Brown DT (Auburn)

12. Raiders- Jerry Jeudy WR (Alabama)

13. Colts- CeeDee Lamb WR (Oklahoma)

14. Bucs- Tristan Wirfs OT/OG (Iowa)

15. Broncos- Laviska Shenult WR (Colorado)

16. Falcons- Grant Delpit S (LSU)- Get the best talent best fit player left on the board. He will be the eraser we need on the back end of our defense and will also allow us to be more flexible as he can play high and low.

ROUND 2: Jordan Elliot DT (Missouri)- I like this guy better than Derrick Brown. Initially he was a late first, seems to be sliding in the process. He is just as stout, not as quick as Brown but he has a more complete game and offers more as a pass rusher. On tape you can tell he has taken the time to master his craft.

ROUND 2: Ross Blalock DT/DE (TCU)- I would play him on the edge kind of how we play Clayborn, at 300 lbs he has exceptional movement skills.

ROUND 3: Ben Cleveland OG/OC (UGA)- Another guy I'm surprised at as far as the process so far. He is a massive long dude he will be a plus as far as talent in both our run and pass game.

ROUND 4: Jonah Jackson OG/OT (Ohio ST)- Another massive guy with versatility. Continue to upgrade the trenches.

ROUND 5: A.J. Dillon RB/FB (Boston College)- I miss Michael Turner. Like the burner Turner especially the San Diego years, he was a big back but was able to operate in the run game as a smaller back because of his ability to reach the holes provided. Holes close fast in the league, Watch his initial burst once he reads the blocking, he is going to be something in the league.

ROUND 7: Alvin Davis FS/CB (Akron)- Special teams, corner and safety depth. More speed on the back end.

No to Delpit

2 hours ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

That's odd. Why wouldn't they see him as a RB??? He played the position. He is big but has good speed for this size, not slow fullback speed. Watch his highlights, he dominates at times, throwing defensive players ala Beast Mode. He looks like the best RB in the drat to me. Never, ever would I see this guy as a fullback. 

I agree with leaving hi m at rb. Anything you read about him will have the question of is he a better fit at FB in the NFL written somewhere.

43 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I agree with leaving hi m at rb. Anything you read about him will have the question of is he a better fit at FB in the NFL written somewhere.

He could be our Alston.  I’ve been on Dillon for a bit.  I’d like to see him drop 10 pounds and play at 235-240.  He has legit 4.45 40 straight line speed but isn’t a fluid runner.  Still would love seeing him in ATL.  Thighs like Turner and just as fast

fNb_NIX5.jpg

19 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He could be our Alston.  I’ve been on Dillon for a bit.  I’d like to see him drop 10 pounds and play at 235-240.  He has legit 4.45 40 straight line speed but isn’t a fluid runner.  Still would love seeing him in ATL.  Thighs like Turner and just as fast

fNb_NIX5.jpg

Got a feeling he will be taking A LOT of pizz tests.

4.45 seems a little fast to me. I could see him putting down a 4.55. If he runs a 4.45 he will go day 2.

44 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Got a feeling he will be taking A LOT of pizz tests.

4.45 seems a little fast to me. I could see him putting down a 4.55. If he runs a 4.45 he will go day 2.

He is just a freak athlete.  6’0, 250 lbs and runs a 4.55 40, 4.28 shuttle and has a freakish 40 inch vertical.  

To put that in perspective, he’d have been the seventh-highest jumper out of the more than 50 players at the most recent NBA draft combine.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He is just a freak athlete.  6’0, 250 lbs and runs a 4.55 40, 4.28 shuttle and has a freakish 40 inch vertical.  

To put that in perspective, he’d have been the seventh-highest jumper out of the more than 50 players at the most recent NBA draft combine.

That's nuts. Someone will fall in love with him and he will end up going day 2

12 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

A difference between not a willing tackler and bad technique. He had this issue this year, didn't have it last year. He brings it, either he's not wrapping up or bad angles, its not an issue of effort. He's physical enough, that part of his game is there. And he's the best player left on the board IMO as far as scheme fit. A difference maker for us IMO.

All that plus he played banged up all year.