Offset on Undisputed

9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

To be fair, quite a few people do. It's mostly because of the approach to games. Kawhi has that killer instinct mentality in the playoffs. 

Killer instinct I can see.

But I think their games are different though. Kobe game almost mirrored MJ's. Both were more flashy scorers.

I think Kawhi has a slower but smooth game that just creeps up on you and he becomes a killer at the end. There has been plenty of games where I had no idea that Kawhi put up 30+ until I look at the stats lol.

2 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Killer instinct I can see.

But I think their games are different though. Kobe game almost mirrored MJ's. Both were more flashy scorers.

I think Kawhi has a slower but smooth game that just creeps up on you and he becomes a killer at the end. There has been plenty of games where I had no idea that Kawhi put up 30+ until I look at the stats lol.

I think it’s only because of killer instinct. Nothing else which in that regard I agree. Everyone that I’ve heard compare Leonard to Jordan has said that same exact. Leonard hasn’t played long enough to be compared statistically 

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I mean he didn't say anything that the mobile QB committee hasn't said on this board. Ryan has $94.5 (million) guaranteed reasons not to care

No doubt he has no need to care, I just want to hear a response for entertainment purposes 

He’s a dunce but I’m not a Matt lover either & it has nothing to do with him being white . It’s has everything to do with him being stiff, skidish & having a noodle for a arm . Idk where the “want a black or whatever QB” comes from but it’s lame . Just because one doesn’t worship the ground or care for Matt doesn’t mean it has to do with anything racial . HeII give me Burrow or a MF who’s purple .. just someone who can avoid the rush & extend plays . Oh & a QB who has guts to rebel against his dumb azzzz HC & OC who are dead set on throwing a SB down the drain . 

15 hours ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

He’s a dunce but I’m not a Matt lover either & it has nothing to do with him being white . It’s has everything to do with him being stiff, skidish & having a noodle for a arm . Idk where the “want a black or whatever QB” comes from but it’s lame . Just because one doesn’t worship the ground or care for Matt doesn’t mean it has to do with anything racial . HeII give me Burrow or a MF who’s purple .. just someone who can avoid the rush & extend plays . Oh & a QB who has guts to rebel against his dumb azzzz HC & OC who are dead set on throwing a SB down the drain . 

I believe you when you say that you are not one of them. I'm gonna be very honest though.

I do know quite a few black people who did have a problem with the Falcons when they drafted Ryan while Vick went to prison.

Where I'm from Vick was almost like a god to many. Couldn't go anywhere without seeing many Vick jerseys. Went to the barbershop Vick would come up at some point every time I went there. Even people in my community who didn't even watch football or wasn't a Falcons fan rallied around Vick and became fans. He was just that type of figure at the time.

Some people thought the Falcons wronged Vick by drafting Ryan back in 2008. That automatically caused many to dislike Ryan from the jump.

Some warmed up to Ryan and moved on. Some still hold grudges against Ryan for that. While some just want something new at QB because Ryan has been a Falcon for a very long time with no SB.

I personally was about ready to move on from Vick and Jim Mora Jr. before all the dog fighting stuff happened because I failed to see any improvement from him after just seeing him make big highlight runs, but also make bad fumbles and still lose games.

I'll admit that I started pretty optimistic again when Petrino was hired because I wanted to see an offensive mind for the first time since Reeves departure have a chance to reel in Vick and optimize his game to finally become what we all though he could become. Sadly Vick went to prison and it killed the 2007 season.

But to my point, to some race did play a factor in the dislike of Ryan. Especially early on in his career.

1 hour ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

1 hour ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

The only way skid britches wins us a SB is if we have a elite OL , OC , HC , Defense & it has to be a full moon & something else aligned but yea people don’t like him because he’s white .. gtfoh with that crap . Lmfaooo .

Our fans are much like our owner .. believe in hype & love joes .  

+2

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Primes hilarious on this on 4.2 for breakfast lol.

I agree with Deion.

But with that said, it's still very tricky and I think this will become an even bigger discussion as future generations come and go.

There are plenty HOFer who didn't really change the game, but they still did great within the confines of the game though. How much impact does overall success and longevity weighs with individual production?

46 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Id say that’s a pretty accurate representation of our overall fanbase 

No it's not. That's just a portion of the fanbase.

Here are the different levels of opinions of the Falcons fanbase on Ryan:

- Fans who are loyal to Ryan and wants him to retire a Falcon.

- Fans who want to draft a QB in 2 or 3 years to groom and be Ryan's replacement.

- Fans who hate Ryan and always wanted him gone.

- Fans who like Ryan, but are ready to try something new at the position now.

- Fans who want to just blow everything up with a new team from the front office all the way down the roster except for a few young players.

- Last but not least, fans who think Madden exists in real life. This includes ridiculous trade scenarios that contradicts some of the fans who says that Ryan sucks, but expects teams to still trade 2 or 3 first round picks for him. This also includes people who think Tyrod Taylor, Jake Locker, Johnny Manziel, or any other bad QB that has the ability to just move around or run and think they can just become good over night.

Did I cover everyone?

11 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Migos has been calling for Matt Ryan's head for a while, there's TMZ videos of that. These guys are casual fans and are adding on to the ignorant Falcons fans on social media. He just wants a running qb to make the team cool

Nah, ive been saying for 3 years its time to move on from Ryan if we're ever going to win anything.. Ryan is a statue qb, believe me defenses are going to eat him alive this season.. No offensive line can protect such a anchored qb in this league anymore.. The pass rushers are just too fast and too strong now.. Ryan is a sitting duck.. We've fallen behind the curve at this point keeping Ryan 

34 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Nah, ive been saying for 3 years its time to move on from Ryan if we're ever going to win anything.. Ryan is a statue qb, believe me defenses are going to eat him alive this season.. No offensive line can protect such a anchored qb in this league anymore.. The pass rushers are just too fast and too strong now.. Ryan is a sitting duck.. We've fallen behind the curve at this point keeping Ryan 

Until we see a string of seasons when QBs who aren't that mobile not win SBs then we can say that times have actually changed.

It's not like there hasn't been mobile QBs who haven't won SBs mixed in with not so mobile QBs before.

I don't understand why people see this as such a "time of change"?

QBs like Steve Young, Brett Farve, John Elway(he still could move a little bit even though he was old), Ben Roethlisberger (before he gained some pounds), and Aaron Rodgers won SBs but yet QBs who weren't that mobile still won SBs throughout that time span as well. Brady just won a SB last year and he isn't a mobile QB.

2 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Until we see a string of seasons when QBs who aren't that mobile not win SBs then we can say that times have actually changed.

It's not like there hasn't been mobile QBs who haven't won SBs mixed in with not so mobile QBs before.

I don't understand why people see this as such a "time of change"?

QBs like Steve Young, Brett Farve, John Elway(he still could move a little bit even though he was old), Ben Roethlisberger (before he gained some pounds), and Aaron Rodgers won SBs but yet QBs who weren't that mobile still won SBs throughout that time span as well. Brady just won a SB last year and he isn't a mobile QB.

Its all about the evolution of the game, either you're ahead of the curve and winning.. Or you're behind and losing.. We, obviously stay behind 

21 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Its all about the evolution of the game, either you're ahead of the curve and winning.. Or you're behind and losing.. We, obviously stay behind 

What is proof that the Falcons are behind the curve? From all my years watching NFL football I have learned that good teams never try to keep up with trends, they set them.

Mobile QBs have yet to dominate with SB wins. A 40+ year old Brady just won last year and isn't mobile.

Lamar Jackson will more than likely be the season MVP, but looked awful when it mattered the most in the playoffs. That can happen to any QB mobile or non-mobile.

Every QB still needs a decent o-line. Russell Wilson is really good, but him not having a proper o-line always comes back to haunt him and the Seahawks come postseason time.

I'm sure Belichick is dying to get in on the trend because everyone wants a "mobile quarterback" lol.

10 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

The most SB wins a nfl history come from statue QBs (Brady, Montana). This claim that you need a mobile QB to win is BS. And Brady is now, winning recent SBs so don’t buy this evolution of the game excuse to want Ryan gone.