what do you think is the likelihood the Falcons try to sign Greg Olsen if Hooper walks?

If Hooper walks do you think the Falcons will try to sign Greg Olsen who would be cheaper? Greg Olsen probably still has another year or two left in the tank and would have a much better QB and 2 excellent receivers to make his life easier. Olsen could also bring veteran leadership to Graham and the other players. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He will cost around 6 million.  I'll pay the extra 3-4 million for Hooper

Olsen will be 35 when the season started and is no where near the player he was 4 years ago. No. You're better off developing Graham. Everyone keeps complaining that Hooper isn't a game changer. Well

This would be the definition of hustling backwards. So.... I'd put the likelihood at 50%. 

Olsen will be 35 when the season started and is no where near the player he was 4 years ago. No. You're better off developing Graham. Everyone keeps complaining that Hooper isn't a game changer. Well Olsen isn't either at this point in his career. Being a mentor is the only value he brings

Watch them draft Thaddeus Moss in the 3rd or 4th round to replace him though

I would say pretty close to zero. Falcons only let Hooper walk off he completely prices himself out of their range or feels Graham is ready.

dont be shocked if he is tagged, unless they really think there won’t be drop off from Graham.

11 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Yeah nah Olsen still has plenty of wheels.

looking at those clips I see a man that's no faster than Hooper. If Hooper is considered slow by TATF, shouldn't he? I know the new thing around here is to praise players from other teams instead of the Falcons but I don't think that should be done in this case. 

5 minutes ago, vafalconfan said:

For a one year deal yes. He could help mentor the young guys and provide some red zone help. And this would really pi$$ some panther fans off which is maybe the best part...Wait! What if the panthers sign Hooper?..:o

That would hurt us as fans as it would hurt panthers fans by signing Olsen

I think the Falcons will try and resign Hoop if they can. I don't see Kenyon Barner being resigned or Beasley, so there will be some movement. I think Campbell and Hoop they will try and do what they can. Also got Randy Moss kid coming out of LSU we can get as TE late in draft that would be a great pick rounds 4 or 5. Moss projected as day 2 pick. 

Thaddeus Moss- 6'3 249lbs 21 years old

Austin Hoooper- 6'4 254lbs. 25 years old

Moss is younger, faster, and same size and blocks better. 

Edited by Refried Beans
6 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Olsen will be 35 when the season started and is no where near the player he was 4 years ago. No. You're better off developing Graham. Everyone keeps complaining that Hooper isn't a game changer. Well Olsen isn't either at this point in his career. Being a mentor is the only value he brings

Watch them draft Thaddeus Moss in the 3rd or 4th round to replace him though

Olsen never had Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley that needed attention. 

5 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

looking at those clips I see a man that's no faster than Hooper. If Hooper is considered slow by TATF, shouldn't he? I know the new thing around here is to praise players from other teams instead of the Falcons but I don't think that should be done in this case. 

It's the fact that he'd be cheaper that I praise. :)

17 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Olsen never had Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley that needed attention. 

What does that have to do with that post or current day??

15 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

It's the fact that he'd be cheaper that I praise. :)

Money isn't something we as fans should worry about.