Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ya_boi_j

30 for 30: Michael Vick

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Statistically he had a great game. Top 10 or so all-time. 4th highest passer rating in a SB game history.
 

https://mobile.twitter.com/theryanmichael/status/1137138350551437314

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/super-bowl/leaders.htm

I know he was the QB and I’ve done my nik-picking too, but Matt should be pretty far down the blame list IMO. 

Again,  I am NOT blaming Matt Ryan - I am just not absolving him.   If he was without blame we would have won the game.

Matt threw for 278 and 2TDs and no INT about a 70% - Yes I will take those stats every week but our offense had no rhythm for the last 35-40% of the game.   He’s the QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Again,  I am NOT blaming Matt Ryan - I am just not absolving him.   If he was without blame we would have won the game.

Matt threw for 278 and 2TDs and no INT about a 70% - Yes I will take those stats every week but our offense had no rhythm for the last 35-40% of the game.   He’s the QB

I’m actually with you on that POV. Was just poking the birthday bear. :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

A lot of things went wrong, the one player that could have made a play to stem all the bad juju was Matt.   I 100% know the playcalls, the missed Freeman block, the Jake penalty, the defense collapse, etc etc but Matt wasn’t a bystander in the process.

BS

The "one" player who could have made a play to stem it was Matt, and only Matt?

That is a joke. By your own words.. Freeman could have made a block.. Jake could have not made a penalty, 11 players on every Patriots offensive play could have also made one single play that would have altered the fateful outcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

BS

The "one" player who could have made a play to stem it was Matt, and only Matt?

That is a joke. By your own words.. Freeman could have made a block.. Jake could have not made a penalty, 11 players on every Patriots offensive play could have also made one single play that would have altered the fateful outcome.

If we are going to pin it on A person...my finger points right at DQ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I don't like the "deserved to beat the Patriots" as, while it was a team loss and a lot of the mistakes weren't his - Matt was the QB - make 1-2 extra plays here and there and we still win.

The man had 6 incompletions, no interceptions, 2 touchdowns. His own personal play deserves to win that game. Averaged 12.3 yards per pass. Homeboy was rocking the Patriots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spts1 said:

I'm not finished.  WHY would Vick pretend his wasn't healthy?   You could ask ANY player or coach about Vick and they will say that though he didn't prepare early in his career for games properly, when it came to THE GAME,  Vick put it on the line like very few players have ever done.  This dude was 6 ft ( If that) 180 lbs and taking BIG SHOTS from defenders.  Vick himself said he heard coaches and players say that their mission was to " take him out " because  The dude never knew how to slide.  Vick left it on the field and for you to try and smear his reputation like that is foul...

Wtf are you even talking about? I'm just pointing out facts. I'm sorry you can't handle facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 32wood84white said:

The man had 6 incompletions, no interceptions, 2 touchdowns. His own personal play deserves to win that game. Averaged 12.3 yards per pass. Homeboy was rocking the Patriots.

:lol:
 

that’s not how football works 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

:lol:
 

that’s not how football works 

Lord, I don’t need to be told how football works. I understand quite well. I said Matt Ryan deserved to win the super bowl. He did. Everyone knows he did his job and did it **** well that night. There’s many reasons we lost that game, but you wanting Matt to make 1-2 more plays is crazy, that’s not how football works. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Wtf are you even talking about? I'm just pointing out facts. I'm sorry you can't handle facts.

Your "facts" weren't facts though, in fact they sounded like the opinion of an entitled fan. Vick def put it all on the line and the year he was cleared to play in 03 but instead took a little longer to come back he was STILL HURT.  

Edited by jetpac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Just messing with you.  That program hasn't been good for a little while.  Not up to their previous standards...

Oh yes we have come full circle. Unknown to the zenith then crashing down l. Now trying to spike back up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jetpac said:

Your "facts" weren't facts though, in fact they sounded like the opinion of an entitled fan. Vick def put it all on the line and the year he was cleared to play in 03 but instead took a little longer to come back he was STILL HURT.  

Actually my facts are facts. I said when Vick first got hurt doctors said he would only miss 5-6 weeks tops.

 

Quote

 

Broken leg to sideline Vick 6 weeks

Don Pierson, Tribune pro football reporterCHICAGO TRIBUNE
 

Falcons quarterback Michael Vick likely is out for at least six weeks after breaking his right fibula Saturday night in a 13-10 exhibition loss against Baltimore in Atlanta.

 

Link

 

Quote

 

Vick broke his right leg in a preseason game against the Baltimore Ravens on Aug. 16, and what was supposed to be an eight-week recovery took 3 1/2 months.

https://apnews.com/c16b75b49a18b437db8cd29223b2edc9

 

But it took Vick nearly the entire season before he returned and by that happened Blank had already decided to fire Reeves. That is exactly what I said. You and what's his face assumed that I was saying Vick purposely sat out so Reeves would get fired. I never said that or even implied it. I said exactly what I meant and meant exactly what I said. I can't help it that reading comprehension and actual facts are a problem for you and the other guy.

Edited by AUTiger7222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Image result for michael vick national championship

@VTCrunkler yall played for the national championship under Vick.  That game reminded of his games with the falcons.  Vick having little help and carrying the team.  Virginia Tech put up over 500 yards on a monster defense that was one of the best college football defenses to ever step on the field..

 

 

Edited by Spts1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

Image result for michael vick national championship

@VTCrunkler yall played for the national championship under Vick.  That game reminded of his games with the falcons.  Vick having little help and carrying the team.  Virginia Tech put up over 500 yards on a monster defense that was one of the best college football defenses to ever step on the field..

 

 

We did thanks. I was at that game. What 30:30 didn’t mention is how we had one of the best defenses in the land that year. We actually led going into the fourth. Sound familiar?  It wasn’t until both of our starting defensive ends were out of the game when they blew it open. But pass by weinke (aged 27) to Warrick ( who should’ve been suspended). But I’m not bitter. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Actually my facts are facts. I said when Vick first got hurt doctors said he would only miss 5-6 weeks tops.

 

But it took Vick nearly the entire season before he returned and by that happened Blank had already decided to fire Reeves. That is exactly what I said. You and what's his face assumed that I was saying Vick purposely sat out so Reeves would get fired. I never said that or even implied it. I said exactly what I meant and meant exactly what I said. I can't help it that reading comprehension and actual facts are a problem for you and the other guy.

Clearly in your original post you insinuated Vick Milked the injury which cost Reeves the job. But whatever it’s history at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

Why does the media keep trying to make Vick relevant? I don’t get it.

2 legit to quit...mc hammer...the irony...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetpac said:

Clearly in your original post you insinuated Vick Milked the injury which cost Reeves the job. But whatever it’s history at this point.

I never insinuated that. You're the one that just wrongly assumed that because you wanted to make it a big deal when it wasn't. My post was not a "take a dump on Vick" post. Nothing about it was. Funny that you can the other guy (who's one of the worst posters here) took offense to what I said when no one else did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Great, fun, exciting player. My only wish was we had the post prison, mature, team player (Eagles) Mike Vick on the field.

Glad he turned his life around, got a second chance, and is now a valued member in the community of life.

WFW is correct...I wanted to do a 3rd person post ....but it doesn't work when talking about someone else...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
  • Create New...