Welp messed up my shoulder need advice from my Falcon brothers

Xfactor

I was walking fast with some friends when part of a sidewalk was sticking up took a nasty spill landed on my left shoulder full force.

After a trip to the ER a CT scan I have a comminuted fracture of the humerus near the shoulder the ball is out of socket by 90 degrees.

After meeting with a great Ortho surgeon who worked with the Pirates his suggestion after meeting was 

A Try and put the ball back in socket and using a plate  and screws if that doesn’t work 

B Partial replacement 

C Full replacement 

My other issue is I’m allergic to morphine or any morphine class pain meds

If any of you have been through shoulder surgery I would love to hear your story and any help on pain management would be great 

Surgery is next Tuesday did the pre op today

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

5 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

A, or tough it out and let it heal on its own

A is his first choice because he wants to use my bone B and C are options if he gets in there and it’s not going to work. 

It has to be operated on if I want to use this arm in the future it has zero stability when it comes out of the sling

9 minutes ago, dapanch420 said:

A, or tough it out and let it heal on its own

Get a second opinion. I was told I needed a surgery by a well known Ortho. I went to a local guy, I toughed it out and let it heal. PT will be key which ever way you decide to go. CBD may help, but you will get used to pain after few days. 

6 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Sounds painful.

I hope you find the proper solution to this without any complications. Hope your surgery goes well.

The Falcon may need to sign you afterwards. You may be the next Drew Brees.

Thanks mans that means a lot I know I’m in good hands but never been through a serious shoulder injury before

oh man I hate that for you. bet it wasn't funny, even if was the humerus bone  :ninja:

oh come on, SOMEONE had to do it, I'm really surprised at some of the response here it wasn't done already.

I would go with the first part of A, try to keep it as much you as possible. any time they start with 'instrumentation' there's always a higher possibility of failure

If you are looking for anything besides CBD. I was taking this fish oil by Nutrasea that helped me tremendously during recovery. One tablespoon a day before, during, and after my surgery and my physical therapy was a breeze.

I had a close friend have the exact same surgery by the same surgeon and same physical therapist as well. My lesion was way worse than his according to our PT yet I had barely no pain and was way ahead of him in terms of recovery. The PT was pretty shocked. I mentioned the fish oil to him and he messaged me a couple months after and wanted me to tell him what I was I took. No bs. I still take it to this day. Not saying it was responsible for that, but it was the only thing I took. 

It wasn’t shoulder surgery but I’ve had ACL reconstructive surgery...as far as pain, take the bad days in stride because physical therapy is a B I...try not to get too low, and even if you do, try and talk with someone to be an advocate for those days to help you remember the lows can happen and you can get out. Modern medicine is wild though, I’m back to full strength on my knee and don’t have any lingering effects other than the fact I don’t play backyard tackle football anymore lol. I think they can give you something other than morphine, if you have an inkling of an addictive personality try to use the minimum amount possible. I didn’t suffer any withdrawals or anything afterwards, but I’ve never been dependent on anything but cigs, and even that is just a nasty work habit.

5 hours ago, Xfactor said:

I was walking fast with some friends when part of a sidewalk was sticking up took a nasty spill landed on my left shoulder full force.

After a trip to the ER a CT scan I have a comminuted fracture of the humerus near the shoulder the ball is out of socket by 90 degrees.

After meeting with a great Ortho surgeon who worked with the Pirates his suggestion after meeting was 

A Try and put the ball back in socket and using a plate  and screws if that doesn’t work 

B Partial replacement 

C Full replacement 

My other issue is I’m allergic to morphine or any morphine class pain meds

If any of you have been through shoulder surgery I would love to hear your story and any help on pain management would be great 

Surgery is next Tuesday did the pre op today

Redvein kratom, CBD, and or akuamma seeds for pain.