Drew Brees’ retirement talk isn’t idle chatter

Flying Falcon

Saints quarterback Drew Brees will return to the team for a 15th season or retire. Whatever he ultimately does, this isn’t an effort to generate attention or spark discussion. Brees, unlike plenty of other quarterbacks who from time to time have talked openly about retirement with no real intention of ever doing so, is and will be genuinely and seriously considering retirement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/drew-brees-retirement-talk-isnt-idle-chatter/ar-BBZpCBt

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Drew Brees is the single most important player to a team in the history of NFL.   Saints would have been straight trash the last 13 years without him.

But many here been saying he was done for years. I hope he does retire. I love beating him but I’m tired of him us beating us. He owns the Falcons winning like 18 out 27 gms. One of the greatest ever and made the Saints

8 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

But many here been saying he was done for years. I hope he does retire. I love beating him but I’m tired of him us beating us. He owns the Falcons winning like 18 out 27 gms. One of the greatest ever and made the Saints

Ironic that he was in 2001 draft where we traded up with San Diego to get Mike Vick when Brees went basically at the end of 1st rd.

Chargers drafted two HOFs in that draft.  Drew Brees and LaDanian Tomlinson.

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Drew Brees is the single most important player to a team in the history of NFL.   Saints would have been straight trash the last 13 years without him.

I completely get your logic, but hard to argue Brady when he has 6 SB rings and 4 SB MVPs (plus 3 league MVPs). Pats would have been much less w/o him as well.

that said, Brees has changed the Saints fortunes like very few players have. I still can’t believe MIA passed on Drew when he wanted to be there (due to his injury), but instead traded a 2nd rounder for Culpepper...also coming off a major injury. Idiots...

8 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Saints quarterback Drew Brees will return to the team for a 15th season or retire. Whatever he ultimately does, this isn’t an effort to generate attention or spark discussion. Brees, unlike plenty of other quarterbacks who from time to time have talked openly about retirement with no real intention of ever doing so, is and will be genuinely and seriously considering retirement.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/drew-brees-retirement-talk-isnt-idle-chatter/ar-BBZpCBt

I think Breesus plays at least one more season, whether he's the starter or not. 
He may stay long enough to see how Jackson is gonna work out, and then retire. 
I think when all that happens, Payton will be gone as well....especially, if another favorable HCing job he likes is available.  Just a guess, though --- 

41 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

I think Breesus plays at least one more season, whether he's the starter or not. 
I think when all that happens, Payton will be gone as well....especially, if another favorable HCing job he likes is available.  Just a guess, though --- 

Who is jackson?...

1 hour ago, FalconJim said:

Huh?

3 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

And Tomlinson pick was the other part of that trade as well I believe

Yes it was.   The pick Chargers used to pick Tomlinson was #5 pick from Falcons. However the pick used for Brees didn’t originate from Falcons trade.

2 hours ago, FalconJim said:

Jackson who?

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Brees has changed the Saints fortunes like very few players have. I still can’t believe MIA passed on Drew when he wanted to be there (due to his injury), but instead traded a 2nd rounder for Culpepper...also coming off a major injury. Idiots...

That's crazy talk. That would be like if the Hawks had traded Dominique Wilkins (and a first round pick) because he was in the final year of his contract in exchange for Danny Manning (who was also in the final year of his contract) when they were knocking on the door of a championship season.

Oh. Wait...