Flying Falcon

Drew Brees’ retirement talk isn’t idle chatter

33 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, FalconJim said:

I think Breesus plays at least one more season, whether he's the starter or not. 
He may stay long enough to see how Bridgewater is gonna work out, and then retire. 
I think when all that happens, Payton will be gone as well....especially, if another favorable HCing job he likes is available.  Just a guess, though --- 

If Brees comes back, Teddy is leaving. But I do agree that he comes back for one more season, he said himself it's a matter of when not if. 

I can't see him retiring with the team putting up great regular season stats and going deep in the play-offs. He and Payton probably thinking they can win one more SB trophy before they're done. He'll be around at least for next year if not two.

Iron Saint likes this

On 1/30/2020 at 3:51 PM, dirtybirds233 said:

If Brees comes back, Teddy is leaving. But I do agree that he comes back for one more season, he said himself it's a matter of when not if. 

Now, now....we don't know that Teddy is leaving, if Brees comes back for another year.  I think N.O. would love to have Bridgewater take over when Brees retires, and pretty sure the feelings are mutual.  They'll have to pay him starter money, though, and I think they will --- we'll see... 

On 1/29/2020 at 7:30 AM, MAD597 said:

I hope we at least get a couple of seasons with Ryan where Brees AND Brady have retired.

Says a lot! To be the best you gotta beat the best.

On 2/3/2020 at 6:09 PM, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

He better retire before this rape scandal hits the fan

Certainly wouldn't want to be associated with that mess