Flying Falcon

Drew Brees’ retirement talk isn’t idle chatter

33 posts in this topic

Saints quarterback Drew Brees will return to the team for a 15th season or retire. Whatever he ultimately does, this isn’t an effort to generate attention or spark discussion. Brees, unlike plenty of other quarterbacks who from time to time have talked openly about retirement with no real intention of ever doing so, is and will be genuinely and seriously considering retirement.

 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/drew-brees-retirement-talk-isnt-idle-chatter/ar-BBZpCBt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I hope we at least get a couple of seasons with Ryan where Brees AND Brady have retired.

Neither one is what they use to be. I'm not sure they are even a problem anymore. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, octoslash said:

HeIIuva career the little shrimp had, can't dispute that.  

Second best HC-QB combos in the last 2 decades. Good thing that the saints squandered all that and it took cheating to even win one.

octoslash and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Drew Brees is the single most important player to a team in the history of NFL.   Saints would have been straight trash the last 13 years without him.

But many here been saying he was done for years. I hope he does retire. I love beating him but I’m tired of him us beating us. He owns the Falcons winning like 18 out 27 gms. One of the greatest ever and made the Saints

g-dawg and Iron Saint like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

But many here been saying he was done for years. I hope he does retire. I love beating him but I’m tired of him us beating us. He owns the Falcons winning like 18 out 27 gms. One of the greatest ever and made the Saints

Ironic that he was in 2001 draft where we traded up with San Diego to get Mike Vick when Brees went basically at the end of 1st rd.

Chargers drafted two HOFs in that draft.  Drew Brees and LaDanian Tomlinson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Drew Brees is the single most important player to a team in the history of NFL.   Saints would have been straight trash the last 13 years without him.

I completely get your logic, but hard to argue Brady when he has 6 SB rings and 4 SB MVPs (plus 3 league MVPs). Pats would have been much less w/o him as well.

that said, Brees has changed the Saints fortunes like very few players have. I still can’t believe MIA passed on Drew when he wanted to be there (due to his injury), but instead traded a 2nd rounder for Culpepper...also coming off a major injury. Idiots...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 year vet?!?!?!  Brees was drafted by the Chargers the same year we drafted Vick.  2001 I believe(definitely not 04-05).  That would give him 19 seasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

Saints quarterback Drew Brees will return to the team for a 15th season or retire. Whatever he ultimately does, this isn’t an effort to generate attention or spark discussion. Brees, unlike plenty of other quarterbacks who from time to time have talked openly about retirement with no real intention of ever doing so, is and will be genuinely and seriously considering retirement.

 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/drew-brees-retirement-talk-isnt-idle-chatter/ar-BBZpCBt

I think Breesus plays at least one more season, whether he's the starter or not. 
He may stay long enough to see how Jackson is gonna work out, and then retire. 
I think when all that happens, Payton will be gone as well....especially, if another favorable HCing job he likes is available.  Just a guess, though --- 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

I think Breesus plays at least one more season, whether he's the starter or not. 
He may stay long enough to see how Jackson is gonna work out, and then retire. 
I think when all that happens, Payton will be gone as well....especially, if another favorable HCing job he likes is available.  Just a guess, though --- 



 

Who is jackson?...

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconJim said:

I think Breesus plays at least one more season, whether he's the starter or not. 
He may stay long enough to see how Jackson is gonna work out, and then retire. 
I think when all that happens, Payton will be gone as well....especially, if another favorable HCing job he likes is available.  Just a guess, though --- 



 

Huh?

Flying Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Ironic that he was in 2001 draft where we traded up with San Diego to get Mike Vick when Brees went basically at the end of 1st rd.

Chargers drafted two HOFs in that draft.  Drew Brees and LaDanian Tomlinson.

And Tomlinson pick was the other part of that trade as well I believe

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

And Tomlinson pick was the other part of that trade as well I believe

Yes it was.   The pick Chargers used to pick Tomlinson was #5 pick from Falcons. However the pick used for Brees didn’t originate from Falcons trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalconJim said:

I think Breesus plays at least one more season, whether he's the starter or not. 
He may stay long enough to see how Jackson is gonna work out, and then retire. 
I think when all that happens, Payton will be gone as well....especially, if another favorable HCing job he likes is available.  Just a guess, though --- 



 

Jackson who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thamill said:

15 year vet?!?!?!  Brees was drafted by the Chargers the same year we drafted Vick.  2001 I believe(definitely not 04-05).  That would give him 19 seasons.

Return to the Saints for a 15th season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Brees has changed the Saints fortunes like very few players have. I still can’t believe MIA passed on Drew when he wanted to be there (due to his injury), but instead traded a 2nd rounder for Culpepper...also coming off a major injury. Idiots...

That's crazy talk. That would be like if the Hawks had traded Dominique Wilkins (and a first round pick) because he was in the final year of his contract in exchange for Danny Manning (who was also in the final year of his contract) when they were knocking on the door of a championship season.

 

Oh. Wait...

1989Fan and PokerSteve like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Who is jackson?...

Oops!  Meant (Teddy) Bridgewater....glad you caught that!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now