Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ChickenBiscuit

Phillip Rivers parts ways with Chargers. Rivers is 38 years old.

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I thought this was official weeks ago when it was announced that he moved to Florida. Everyone saw this coming. Who ever replaces him is going to fall into good hands with those weapons in place. Just need that offensive line to step up 

Arians loves vet QBs. Loves em. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Compared to Jameis, I would too. I don't think Rivers would be an improvement though. That offense would have to change significantly due to his weak arm

Ego is a **** of a drug. Arians is smart enough to mold the offense to match his QB. He had success with Carson Palmer. 

8 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Ego is a **** of a drug. Arians is smart enough to mold the offense to match his QB. He had success with Carson Palmer. 

True. He's always been deadly accurate. They'd be more of a short to mid range team with him. Evans and Godwin would have to adjust in a major way 

10 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Compared to Jameis, I would too. I don't think Rivers would be an improvement though. That offense would have to change significantly due to his weak arm

I knew that Rivers was playing bad, but didn't know that his arm strength had diminished.

It's that bad?

If so, then I think the Bears would be better for him. They have a decent run game that is poised to get better and with that defense they could certainly contend if Rivers can just manage the game or make a few plays here and there.

20 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I thought this was official weeks ago when it was announced that he moved to Florida. Everyone saw this coming. Who ever replaces him is going to fall into good hands with those weapons in place. Just need that offensive line to step up 

They have weapons but that's it. The oline is garbage. The defense is loaded but always hurt. And they play home games with a silent count. 

That environment could crush a young QB.

Rivers never wanted to move to LA so it was only a matter of time. Him going to Tampa would be weird. He's old, but he's Arians type. Why hitch your wagon to him at this point though?

1 minute ago, vel said:

Rivers never wanted to move to LA so it was only a matter of time. Him going to Tampa would be weird. He's old, but he's Arians type. Why hitch your wagon to him at this point though?

Arians is 67 years old. He wants that title. It's why he came back.

7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I knew that Rivers was playing bad, but didn't know that his arm strength had diminished.

It's that bad?

If so, then I think the Bears would be better for him. They have a decent run game that is poised to get better and with that defense they could certainly contend if Rivers can just manage the game or make a few plays here and there.

He will play in florida or retire. He isnt leaving his family. 

8 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

It's that bad?

He's never truly had a slinger for an arm. But for anyone that says Brees arm is shot, Brees arm is much stronger than Rivers IMO. 

5 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

They have weapons but that's it. The oline is garbage. The defense is loaded but always hurt. And they play home games with a silent count. 

That environment could crush a young QB.

That's why I said the O;ine would have to step up. They have $51 million in cap space. I have no doubts in my mind that that will be a top priority outside of replacing him

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

He's never truly had a slinger for an arm. But for anyone that says Brees arm is shot, Brees arm is much stronger than Rivers IMO. 

That's why I said the O;ine would have to step up. They have $51 million in cap space. I have no doubts in my mind that that will be a top priority outside of replacing him

They could but imagine trying to develop a QB with 16 away games. 

14 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Tampa is his only shot. I'm sure hes fine retiring man. 

I don't know, Rivers is a very fiery competitor. I'm sure he doesn't want to be the only 1st round QB of the 2004 draft to be without a SB championship.

I honestly think that's why he hasn't called it a career yet.