Players who leveled up this season.

ya_boi_j

He stepped up in a major way and looks to only be getting better. He and Davidson lined up beside each other is a nice duo. 

NFC SOUTH

atl.png&h=110&w=110

Atlanta Falcons

Grady Jarrett, defensive tackle. The 2015 fifth-round draft pick by the Falcons has been a good player, but he took another step in 2019. Jarrett joined the league's elite at his position and was named to his first Pro Bowl. He was second on the team with 7.5 sacks while playing on the interior line and had a team-leading 12 tackles for loss (he had six sacks and eight TFLs in 2018). Jarrett's first step is devastating and his motor never stops. That's why the Falcons rewarded him with a four-year, $68 million extension in July 2019. -- Vaughn McClure

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/nfl_32for32200128/players-leveled-all-32-nfl-teams-2019-season

Grady was one of the guys on D who looked good all season. Once we tweaked the scheme and moved Morris to the defensive side, a lot of guys started looking good. Crazy how Grady was able to still produce despite scheme and playcalling deficiencies. 

Agreed on Davison. He needs to be a priority resigning along with Clayborn.

7 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Love me some Grady. Wasn't he robbed a sack or two? Davidson is a nice player but he's still rotational in my book. I need another big nasty next to Grady like Kinlaw, Raekwon Davis, or Gallimore.

Can't remember what game it was, but it was definitely later on in the season. Jarrett and Clayborn both had sacks called back because of some ridiculous touching of any kind to the passer ruling.

Edited by ATLskinjob

Glad to see he is being recognized on a larger scale.

It could be argued he ‘leveled up’ last season as he performed similar to this season, and could have matched his stats for 2019 had he not missed games and played a couple in the mend.

it took his big signing to get The attention of everyone outside of ATL.

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Glad to see he is being recognized finally.

It could be argued he ‘leveled up’ last season as he performed similar to this season, and could have matched his stats for 2019 had he not missed games and played a couple in the mend.

it took his big signing to get The attention of everyone outside of ATL.

Honestly that last part is not true. Fans of several teams with a lot of cap space coming into t season was hoping he would hit the market, especially Browns fans. Fans outside of Atlanta’s fam base definitely knew who he was

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Honestly that last part is not true. Fans of several teams with a lot of cap space coming into t season was hoping he would hit the market, especially Browns fans. Fans outside of Atlanta’s fam base definitely knew who he was

Sorry, should have been More clear, I meant media more than anything. Though not making the pro bowl supports than he didn’t have quite the fan or coaching recognition he deserved (IMO) as he wasn’t even an alternate unless I am remembering incorrectly.

5 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Sorry, should have been More clear, I meant media more than anything. Though not making the pro bowl supports than he didn’t have quite the fan or coaching recognition he deserved (IMO) as he wasn’t even an alternate unless I am remembering incorrectly.

I can't remember. Heck I mostly get my pro bowl info from here lol. Honestly I think a lot learned about him in the Super Bowl and that's where his career truly begin IMHO. He shined in the Super Bowl. I was against the rumored contract he wanted but was pleased with what he got and he's worth every penny. 

I think the biggest reason he was selected for who "leveled up" is because there wasn't really anyone else to name outside of Hooper, maybe Trufant given the increase in interceptions. 

14 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I think the biggest reason he was selected for who "leveled up" is because there wasn't really anyone else to name outside of Hooper, maybe Trufant given the increase in interceptions. 

That’s a very good point. Not many who stepped up their play this season compared to prior years.

13 minutes ago, red falcon said:

If they get another monster on the line with him the sky is the limit for this defense. Makes me hope they keep tru one more year so they can get some real help on the line. Worry bout corner later.

Yup...DL early and in FA, then take B Hall (or whoever is best CB) in round 2/3 and let him develop for a year if needed. Still hoping Jordan Miller develops, he has athleticism and skills. We have some talented youth at the position, need to see it continue to develop.
Unless we get a decent trade for Tru can’t see the team moving on in 2020.

14 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

Can't remember what game it was, but it was definitely later on in the season. Jarrett and Clayborn both had sacks called back because of some ridiculous touching of any kind to the passer ruling.

It was that game in San Francisco that the officials did their best to try and hand the game over to SF.