which NFL quarterbacks do you think are best suited for Dirk Koetter's pass happy scheme?

Which NFL quarterbacks do you think would most likely be successful with Dirk Koetter as their offensive coordinator? Is there any NFL quarterback that you think would be perfect for Dirk Koetter's pass happy style? You can even same a Quarterback from the past such as Dan Marino or Bret Favre. 

I think Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russ Wilson, Drew Brees, Dan Marino, Brett Favre and Jim Kelly would likely do very well and some of them possibly thrive under Dirk Koetter's pass happy scheme.

I think Matt Ryan can do well in it again also.

23 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Which NFL quarterbacks do you think would most likely be successful with Dirk Koetter as their offensive coordinator? Is there any NFL quarterback that you think would be perfect for Dirk Koetter's pass happy style? You can even same a Quarterback from the past such as Dan Marino or Bret Favre. 

I think Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Russ Wilson, Drew Brees, Dan Marino, Brett Favre and Jim Kelly would likely do very well and some of them possibly thrive under Dirk Koetter's pass happy scheme.

His scheme isn’t good, it leaves the tackles out to dry, it creates more qb hits and sacks, it doesn’t use enough misdirection, it doesn’t use enough play action, it’s extremely unbalanced, it uses too many bubble screens and not enough rb screens.  So in summary, no one.  Most of the guys you mentioned are less mobile than Ryan, if he is getting destroyed waiting for routes to develop, Brees and Brady are going to die.

9 minutes ago, Rings said:

His scheme isn’t good, it leaves the tackles out to dry, it creates more qb hits and sacks, it doesn’t use enough misdirection, it doesn’t use enough play action, it uses too many bubble screens and not enough rb screens.  So in summary, no one.  Most of the guys you mentioned are less mobile than Ryan, if he is getting destroyed waiting for routes to develop, Brees and Brady are going to die.

It would be interesting to see the Drew Brees and Tom Brady's wall of an offensive line would hold up. Russ Wilson would probably be the best QB for Koetter because he can escape and is good at not getting injured.

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

It would be interesting to see the Drew Brees and Tom Brady's wall of an offensive line would hold up. Russ Wilson would probably be the best QB for Koetter because he can escape and is good at not getting injured.

Wilson has always had his throw count limited for whatever reason and they run the ball a lot, Dirk wouldn’t do that.  Brady has made a career out of the underneath stuff, Brees has with slants and screens and lately underneath stuff, not much from their success translates to Dirk. 

Kurt Warner and Matt Ryan

You need a qb who is a gun slinger, makes quick reads, and is willing to take the big hit to make the big throw. I put Kurt Warner because Martz ran a very similar scheme with the Rams. Kurt Warner was so good at his pre snap reads and getting rid of the ball before taking a sack. It also helped that they had hall of fame talents across the board in Pace, Faulk, Holt, Bruce, etc. 

I don't think any QBs currently outside of maybe Russell Wilson, who would still get killed.

As for a QB in NFL history, maybe Kurt Warner? Mike Martz's offense was like a death row sentence for QBs unless he had an o-line that could hold blocks for some time. I'm not sure but if can remember correctly, Kurt Warner was sacked a lot despite the "Greatest Show on Turf" being as explosive as they were.

What made it work was that Warner didn't mind taking the hits.............until divisional round of the 2009 postseason vs the Saints.

49 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

A better question is this: does Dirk Koetter scheme bring out the best in any quarterback? To that I would answer no

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I don't think any QBs currently outside of maybe Russell Wilson, who would still get killed.

As for a QB in NFL history, maybe Kurt Warner? Mike Martz's offense was like a death row sentence for QBs unless he had an o-line that could hold blocks for some time. I'm not sure but if can remember correctly, Kurt Warner was sacked a lot despite the "Greatest Show on Turf" being as explosive as they were.

What made it work was that Warner didn't mind taking the hits.............until divisional round of the 2009 postseason vs the Saints.

It helped that the Rams usually were way ahead. 

10 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The kinds with elite OL at every spot might do ok. And anyone would put up good passing yards if you give a crap lol

I've said it before.  For koetter's scheme to thrive in today's NFL you need the early 90's Cowboys offensive personnel with Aaron Rodgers at QB.  Realistic, I know

13 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

A QB that's retired like he should be.