Buck Brooks' NFL mock has us taking K'Lavon Chaisson

duckhoa

Bucky Brooks has us taking K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU Edge.

His play reminds me of Vic (someone who does not beat his man one on one consistently, but is very good with stunts and is very speedy).

Not sure I want to replace Vic with a Vic clone....but it might be the right thing to do.  He certainly has the looks: tall, fast, and not a light weight.  

I would love to hear if any one has been following him and is sold on this player.  

1 minute ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

I think his motor and love for the game make him have a better chance of success in our organization. I like him a lot as a prospect. I almost see him with VB type measurables with some of that Takk dog.

Vic with Takk's passion?

Not that is quite the endorsement.  

Think about how good Vic could be if he loved the game and never stopped running. Think how good he could be if he loved hitting in the run game and wanted to be great. Shoot, the guy is gonna be as old as Vic was entering the league when his contract is up.

Put him at SAM and let him get after it.

37 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Think about how good Vic could be if he loved the game and never stopped running. Think how good he could be if he loved hitting in the run game and wanted to be great. Shoot, the guy is gonna be as old as Vic was entering the league when his contract is up.

Put him at SAM and let him get after it.

Not sure that I understand how Vic got the reputation of not loving the game.  I do not see that when I watch the game....but I do not have any insider's insight on personality traits.  

I see Vic and K'Lavon as a purely speed type of players, which limits them.  

I would rather have an Edge player with more power to their game.  Kerney and Abraham both had power to their game.  We have sure missed that.  

1 minute ago, duckhoa said:

Not sure that I understand how Vic got the reputation of not loving the game.  I do not see that when I watch the game....but I do not have any insider's insight on personality traits.  

I would rather have an Edge player with more power to their game.  Kerney and Abraham both had power to their game.  We have sure missed that.  

That what you have Takk here for and it still hasn;t worked out lol. For me i'll take a guy with technique and talent over a guy with power.   You can win with talent and skill everytime if you know what you are doing.  Von Miller and Khalil Mack have proven this time and time again.  This is not to say i don't want a guy with some power too if he's the best player available there to take.   I just don't have a preference on if it's a speed or power guy i just rather have whichever of the 2 is better technique wise and talent wise at what they do and do it well. 

1 minute ago, FalconFan13 said:

That what you have Takk here for and it still hasn;t worked out lol. For me i'll take a guy with technique and talent over a guy with power.   You can win with talent and skill everytime if you know what you are doing.  Von Miller and Khalil Mack have proven this time and time again.  This is not to say i don't want a guy with some power too if he's the best player available there to take.   I just don't have a preference on if it's a speed or power guy i just rather have whichever of the 2 is better technique wise and talent wise at what they do and do it well. 

I still like Takk.  I know that he has been playing injured, so I am not going to give up on him yet.  

Von Miller and Mack are straight up beasts. 

I have seen them trucking people with their power pretty often.  Vic and K'Lavon are not in that class.  

If Kinlaw isnt there I trade down. Grab another 2nd and a late 1st grab the best cb with the 1st and then de dt and s with the 3 2nds. In no way do I want another VB44 or anyone even with a similar skillset. I want someone with a bull rush, I'm over these finesse guys.

Edited by AreJayDubya

I don't know enough about Chaisson to talk intelligently about him, since I haven't done any research on him, yet.  I do like Kinlaw, though. 
But I still prefer Chase Young ---- I know, I know, he's out of reach, and will probably go 2nd or 3rd overall, but dang, I want to see him in a Falcons uni SO BAD!!! 
Gotta get over it, though, it's just a pipe dream ---

1 hour ago, duckhoa said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HuntDa01.htm

2 hours ago, duckhoa said:

Bucky Brooks has us taking K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU Edge.

His play reminds me of Vic (someone who does not beat his man one on one consistently, but is very good with stunts and is very speedy).

Not sure I want to replace Vic with a Vic clone....but it might be the right thing to do.  He certainly has the looks: tall, fast, and not a light weight.  

I would love to hear if any one has been following him and is sold on this player.  

Hea Vic with passion, leadership, and more strength. Not to mention a higher IQ for a pass rusher. Nothing a like. Chaisson would be a legit chess piece on this defense. 

1 hour ago, duckhoa said:

Pretty sure it came out as a question pre-draft and resurfaced a couple years ago because of lack of motor, which is apparent when you watch tape.

2 hours ago, Rings said:

Pretty sure it came out as a question pre-draft and resurfaced a couple years ago because of lack of motor, which is apparent when you watch tape.

Yep, and there was also this weird *** interview. 

"Do you love football?"

Some back and forth then

"Yes, I enjoy the game."

https://theathletic.com/1142708/2019/08/16/schultz-vic-beasley-on-expectations-disappointment-and-those-who-question-his-desire/

10 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

This guy is way better in his technique than Vic has ever been.

How many NFL games have you watched Chaisson play in ??  That's what I thought,, you don't know and nobody knows how well he'll do until he actually plays in and NFL Game. So we just have to evaluate him by his strength , size and strength.. and College games.  So you should wait and compare him to Vic after he has NFL tape on him.

2 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

How many NFL games have you watched Chaisson play in ??  That's what I thought,, you don't know and nobody knows how well he'll do until he actually plays in and NFL Game. So we just have to evaluate him by his strength , size and strength.. and College games.  So you should wait and compare him to Vic after he has NFL tape on him.

Nah

called Vic out on his lack of skills way before we drafted him.  It was evident then and still is evident now.