I wonder if TD would give up our 1st and 2 2nd's for the #2 spot aka Chase Young? Would that be enough to move up that high? I know we have so man more needs that it's crazy to do that but I wouldnt put it pass TD honestly. Trying to catch lighting in a bottle in the same way he did with Julio.

Edited by AreJayDubya
19 minutes ago, AreJayDubya said:

I wonder if TD would give up our 1st and 2 2nd's for the #2 spot aka Chase Young? Would that be enough to move up that high? I know we have so man more needs that it's crazy to do that but I wouldnt put it pass TD honestly. Trying to catch lighting in a bottle in the same way he did with Julio.

Even that isn't enough.

2 hours ago, AreJayDubya said:

I wouldn't mind it either BUT I know it would probably cost our 1st next year as well.  Tell Washington we will do a sign in trade with Vic Beasley (this is a joke guys, he's a FA).  But we would have to sweeten the deal past our 1st and 2 2nds.

3 hours ago, jgentry162 said:

How much is our 1st and 2 2nd rounders worth in a trade up? Also how much is our 2 seconds by themselves in a trade up and their value when you add in our third?

Trade value always doesnt match up. Kt depends on how the opposing GM in the trade is feeling. Last year it was reported we could go from 14 to 8 with a 3rd and a 5th. Not sure how accurate that was. Trade vakue chart as often been looked ay as too much over the last few years. Depending on the GM(if youre refering to Chase Young) id say it xould range fron anywhere betwen this years 1st, 2nd, 4th and next years 1st, all the way down to this years 1st, next years 1st, and thus years 3rd. Its so hard to judge the value you need to move up. 

One kinda theory i had when people were posting about TD's interview the other day, and how many thought he meant we were looking to move up, i am wonderimg if he was thinkink alomg the lines of moving up for Jeff Okudah? TD has mentioned CB's A LOT in the minimal interviews we have had so far, while also saying that there are a lot of DE's available in the blmid rounds, but they dont have the big names(when asked about a DE at 16) and that made me wonder if he was kind of saying that its ok if we dont get a DE in round 1. He also said he and Daq had a conversatipm about how "CB us where its at" this year, and that really makes me wonder if he is "locked in" with super prospect Jeff Okudah. As long as we keep a 2nd, and lose no picks from next year(as in giving up like 16, 2nd, and 3rd or 4th) for Jeff Okudah, then id be all for it. I love him as a prospext. I think he will be great in the league, and is the most complete CB prospect since Patrick Oeterson in 2011. TD has eluded to better coverage being a good way to increasing pass rush numbers. Could very well be right. While id be okay with that trade, id rather take Kristian Fulton at 16(if he wants a CB in round 1) and do whatever it takes(if you need to trade up) to get Josh Uche in round 2, or if we need to trade back into the 1st. Id rather get 2 1st rounders, than trade up and get rid of one or two of our 1nd rounders.  Unless its for chase young, and we dont have to get rid of next years draft picks. 

3 hours ago, jgentry162 said:

How much is our 1st and 2 2nd rounders worth in a trade up? Also how much is our 2 seconds by themselves in a trade up and their value when you add in our third?

They total 1780 points on the draft value chart.  that is equivalent in just points to the top 5 pick.  But opposing teams will want to increase return value so year previous statement of 7-8 would make more sense.

5 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I never understood the “point system” not saying anyone’s wrong I just mean I literally don’t understand it.

Aren’t your picks and players just worth what someone else is willing to give you? 

In the end, yes trade value is dependent upon your trade partners need's and valuation.  At best point system simply provides a starting point for negotiations.

Edited by brewman
3 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I never understood the “point system” not saying anyone’s wrong I just mean I literally don’t understand it.

Aren’t your picks and players just worth what someone else is willing to give you? 

It's a chart used to show approximate value.  It isn't required but it does help teams and usually fans to understand what trade value makes sense because yes, you are right, an exchange is only as good as how much one person is willing to give up and what minimum the other will allow as compensation.

But, the charts are used to simplify issues rather than just assuming taking someone's own value for it.

We've seen someone get 3 1st round picks for a top spot, but we've also seen others take less than that depending on quantity and quality of return.

41 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Trade value always doesnt match up. Kt depends on how the opposing GM in the trade is feeling. Last year it was reported we could go from 14 to 8 with a 3rd and a 5th. Not sure how accurate that was. Trade vakue chart as often been looked ay as too much over the last few years. Depending on the GM(if youre refering to Chase Young) id say it xould range fron anywhere betwen this years 1st, 2nd, 4th and next years 1st, all the way down to this years 1st, next years 1st, and thus years 3rd. Its so hard to judge the value you need to move up. 

One kinda theory i had when people were posting about TD's interview the other day, and how many thought he meant we were looking to move up, i am wonderimg if he was thinkink alomg the lines of moving up for Jeff Okudah? TD has mentioned CB's A LOT in the minimal interviews we have had so far, while also saying that there are a lot of DE's available in the blmid rounds, but they dont have the big names(when asked about a DE at 16) and that made me wonder if he was kind of saying that its ok if we dont get a DE in round 1. He also said he and Daq had a conversatipm about how "CB us where its at" this year, and that really makes me wonder if he is "locked in" with super prospect Jeff Okudah. As long as we keep a 2nd, and lose no picks from next year(as in giving up like 16, 2nd, and 3rd or 4th) for Jeff Okudah, then id be all for it. I love him as a prospext. I think he will be great in the league, and is the most complete CB prospect since Patrick Oeterson in 2011. TD has eluded to better coverage being a good way to increasing pass rush numbers. Could very well be right. While id be okay with that trade, id rather take Kristian Fulton at 16(if he wants a CB in round 1) and do whatever it takes(if you need to trade up) to get Josh Uche in round 2, or if we need to trade back into the 1st. Id rather get 2 1st rounders, than trade up and get rid of one or two of our 1nd rounders.  Unless its for chase young, and we dont have to get rid of next years draft picks. 

I track every trade in draft day as it happens, but I use the chase stuart one which seems to be closer than the old Jimmy Johnson since the rookie wage scale changed.  Overall it’s pretty close with normally the team trading down getting a little more value.

We need to stay put or move down.  We have lost basically an entire years draft over the 12 drafts TD has ran from trading up, time to recoup some of the talent we have lost in the process.  Although I’m fine with Tru and Takk, only one (Julio) of the four have been worth the trade up.  McGary is tbd.

1 minute ago, Rings said:

I track every trade in draft day as it happens, but I use the chase stuart one which seems to be closer than the old Jimmy Johnson since the rookie wage scale changed.  Overall it’s pretty close with normally the team trading down getting a little more value.

Awesome. Oddly,  I havent heard of that one. Can you post a link to it, while also possibly telling us what our 1st plus 1 or both 2nds would net us in a trade up? Maybe even a and and a third? Or, like i said, juat posting the link would be awesome!

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Worth is determined by two factors

#1 what the buyer wants to give

#2 what the seller is willing to accept.

Different teams will put different emphasis on different assets.

Exactly. Thata why ut was reported last yeat that we may be able to kove up from 14 to 8 by just giving up a 3rd and 4th/5th. If TD is serious about CB's, i could see him fallimg in love with okudah, while also keeping one of our 2nds. Hes that special. I would move up for him if we cant keep a 2nd though. Too important to upgrade the whole team. For the record, id rather get Chaisson, Kinlaw, or Fulton at 16, and snag Uche with a 2nd rounder. 

36 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

It's a chart used to show approximate value.  It isn't required but it does help teams and usually fans to understand what trade value makes sense because yes, you are right, an exchange is only as good as how much one person is willing to give up and what minimum the other will allow as compensation.

But, the charts are used to simplify issues rather than just assuming taking someone's own value for it.

We've seen someone get 3 1st round picks for a top spot, but we've also seen others take less than that depending on quantity and quality of return.

I see. Thanks! 

1 minute ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Awesome. Oddly,  I havent heard of that one. Can you post a link to it, while also possibly telling us what our 1st plus 1 or both 2nds would net us in a trade up? Maybe even a and and a third? Or, like i said, juat posting the link would be awesome!

This chart shows both the normal and his, and a link that explains how he came up with the numbers.

16: 16.9
47: 10.1
55: 9.1

Would get us up to #1 according to that chart, which I know sounds insane but if you look at the last few drafts, it lines up a lot more than the Jimmy Johnson one does.  Doesn’t mean it’s the end all, be all obviously.  But when I started hosting draft parties and we tracked that using the Johnson’s, after a couple years we compared both for two years and it was much closer to the trades made than Jimmy Johnson’s, so we decided to change it to Chase’s a couple years ago.

https://www.footballperspective.com/draft-value-chart/

18 minutes ago, Rings said:

This chart shows both the normal and his, and a link that explains how he came up with the numbers.

16: 16.9
47: 10.1
55: 9.1

Would get us up to #1 according to that chart, which I know sounds insane but if you look at the last few drafts, it lines up a lot more than the Jimmy Johnson one does.  Doesn’t mean it’s the end all, be all obviously.  But when I started hosting draft parties and we tracked that using the Johnson’s, after a couple years we compared both for two years and it was much closer to the trades made than Jimmy Johnson’s, so we decided to change it to Chase’s a couple years ago.

https://www.footballperspective.com/draft-value-chart/

That why it woudlnt surprise me(sonce TD has mentioned CB's a few times) to give up one of our 2nds(and maybe another 4th or5th) to move up and get Okudah. I dont want it, it just seems a like something he would do. Depending on who ge got in the 2nd and 3rd, i wouldnt hate it. As long as he kept our 2nd and 3rd/4th round pick. 

Edited by LaurentRobinsonDaGawd
5 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

That why it woudlnt surprise me(soce TF has mentioned CB's a few times) to give up one of our 2nds(and maybe another 4th or5th) to move up and get Okudah. I dont want it, it just seems a like something he would do. Depending on who ge got in the 2nd and 3rd, i wouldnt hate it. As long as he kept our 2nd and 3rd/4th round pick. 

Yup.  The old chart inflates the heck out of the top few picks, and that just isn’t the case anymore.