25 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Whats funny is that whenever he does anything less than spectacular, folks come out of the woodwork to say  "see I told you so".  

If you're referring to me, I've said the same pretty much all year, don't care about the pro bowl honestly. I've spoken on his positives and his negatives. I can't help no one caring about the negatives. There's not a single person on this site that can realistically say that anything that I've said about him has been a lie. He's going to likely win MVP yet he's still not the best QB in the league. MVP is won off of stats. That's an overlooked fact as well. Do I really need to mention how many former MVP's were tabbed as overrated by this very board?? Don't see why that attitude changes for Lamar. Would be a good conversation if there were some people here who actually saw more of him that wasn't a highlight 

22 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If you're referring to me, I’ve said the same pretty much all year, don't care about the pro bowl honestly. I've spoken on his positives and his negatives. I can't help no one caring about the negatives. There's not a single person on this site that can realistically say that anything that I've said about him has been a lie. He's going to likely win MVP yet he's still not the best QB in the league. MVP is won off of stats. That's an overlooked fact as well. Do I really need to mention how many former MVP's were tabbed as overrated by this very board?? Don't see why that attitude changes for Lamar. Would be a good conversation if there were some people here who actually saw more of him that wasn't a highlight 

LOL.....You’ve been proven wrong all year too. 

38 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Agree to an extent...,but You can say that about most 2nd year QBs.

My bigger point is he’s already vastly surpassed everyone’s expectations, especially those predicting he would never be an NFL starting QB. 

I get what you are saying, but it can end up either way though.

Some people are hopping on the Lamar Jackson train while others a pumping the breaks.

I understand pumping the breaks because their have been players who blew up or had MVP caliber seasons that were pretty much just one year things.

RG3, Peyton Hillis were not as good as their big years indicated.

Even Steve McNair's Co-MVP season was an anomaly. That doesn't mean that McNair was a bad QB, just that he wasn't as good as his MVP season would indicate. 

I hope Lamar becomes the real deal, but I'm going to wait and see how well he does next season in this offense that was built around him. He did not look good against the Titans defense that smothered the Ravens run game for the most part and forced Jackson to throw more and took him out of his game of being much of a dual threat that relies more on the run.

34 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

If you're referring to me, I've said the same pretty much all year, don't care about the pro bowl honestly. I've spoken on his positives and his negatives. I can't help no one caring about the negatives. There's not a single person on this site that can realistically say that anything that I've said about him has been a lie. He's going to likely win MVP yet he's still not the best QB in the league. MVP is won off of stats. That's an overlooked fact as well. Do I really need to mention how many former MVP's were tabbed as overrated by this very board?? Don't see why that attitude changes for Lamar. Would be a good conversation if there were some people here who actually saw more of him that wasn't a highlight 

I hope Lamar becomes the real deal, but he didn't look good at all as a passer when the Titans smothered the Ravens run game.

Lamar Jackson is the MVP of the season no doubt and he's earned it, but his game is still too reliant on how well the run game is set up that he has a ways to go to be a more reliable passer on his own.

Teams that can stop the run game will have success against Lamar.

39 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I get what you are saying, but it can end up either way though.

Some people are hopping on the Lamar Jackson train while others a pumping the breaks.

I understand pumping the breaks because their have been players who blew up or had MVP caliber seasons that were pretty much just one year things.

RG3, Peyton Hillis were not as good as their big years indicated.

Even Steve McNair's Co-MVP season was an anomaly. That doesn't mean that McNair was a bad QB, just that he wasn't as good as his MVP season would indicate. 

I hope Lamar becomes the real deal, but I'm going to wait and see how well he does next season in this offense that was built around him. He did not look good against the Titans defense that smothered the Ravens run game for the most part and forced Jackson to throw more and took him out of his game of being much of a dual threat that relies more on the run.

Good post.

I was always perplexed why so many ‘experts’ thought Jackson would not make it in nfl. He’s rough around the edges for sure, but also has always had ‘it’.

RG3 is fair but Peyton Hollis? LOL, Come on man, you’re seriously reaching there.

And he just turned 23....IMO has barely scratched the surface...which should scare the **** out of opposing DC’s. He seems to me to have a pretty big chip on his shoulders toward all the naysayers. So I doubt he starts believing all the press clippings. 

8 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

I hope Lamar becomes the real deal, but he didn't look good at all as a passer when the Titans smothered the Ravens run game.

Lamar Jackson is the MVP of the season no doubt and he's earned it, but his game is still too reliant on how well the run game is set up that he has ways to go to be a more reliable passer on his own.

I hope he does as well. I fully believe he's going to keep working and improving his mechanics and his consistency down field. But as you just said, he was crowned this year but he's not what he has been made out to be. That's been my thing all season. I don't follow trends and jump on hype trains because everyone else is doing it. His accuracy improved greatly but he plays in a dink and dunk passing system. For the system he plays in, his improved accuracy is superb. But he's not consistent when asked to go beyond 20 yards and that's the biggest area he needs to improve, heck that can be said about quite a few passers but Lamar is the hot topic this season. Why that opinion is frowned upon is strange to me. Given the level of hype that he's received this year, if you weren't a football fan you'd think his all around game was perfect with zero flaws. The Titans game wasn't the first game this season that he had a sub par passing performance.  

17 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Lamar Jackson is the MVP of the season no doubt and he's earned it, but his game is still too reliant on how well the run game is set up that he has a ways to go to be a more reliable passer on his own.

Teams that can stop the run game will have success against Lamar.

Again, you take any young....and most established.... QB’s ground game away and they will regress. That’s just football 101. 

Tom Brady and NE will confirm, Tenn was on a roll. 

Just now, Vandy said:

Again.  You take any young....and most established.... QB’s ground game away and they will regress. 

NE will confirm, Tenn was on a roll. 

Mahomes can win without a consistent run game.

Right now, Lamar Jackson's game is very similar to how Cam's has been for years. They both play better when they can run wild and then set up their passing game.

2 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Right now, Lamar Jackson's game is very similar to how Cam's has been for years. They both play better when they can run wild and then set up their passing game.

Until the hits start piling up. The smartest thing both Young and Elway did was stop the unnecessary scrambles to avoid becoming scrambled eggs. 

11 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Who compared Jackson to Mahomes? Totally different games, personnel, philosophy of coaches, weapons in passing game, etc

Speaking of Cam, perhaps I’m wrong but Wasn’t it you and I who had a nice back and forth about him before this season?

6 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Mahomes has hill and kelce in the passing game also. What does Lamar have?

5 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Who compared Jackson to Mahomes? Totally different games, personnel, philosophy of coaches, etc etc. 

Speaking of Cam, perhaps I’m wrong but Wasn’t it you and I who had a nice back and forth about him before this season?

You said take any young QB and most established QBs ground game away and they will regress.

I named Mahomes because he was a young QB that still played well after losing Hunt and a consistent run game.

A couple of QBs have played well without having a consistent run game.

It just affects Jackson more because his game is more reliant on a run game right now. It does mean that he's a bad QB. That's just how his game is set up right now.

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

You said take any young QB and most established QBs ground game away and they will regress.

I named Mahomes because he was a young QB that still played well after losing Hunt and a consistent run game.

A couple of QBs have played well without having a consistent run game.

It just affects Jackson more because his game is more reliant on a run game right now. It does mean that he's a bad QB. That's just how his game is set up right now.

A couple out of hundreds. And Mahomes has better arm and scheme. I mean, it’s well document in TAFT Matt’s not near as good without a running game and pass blocking either. And Matt (and Mahomes) have a lot more weapons in passing game than Lamar has. And Ryan’s a 12 year vet & former MVP of league as well.

I agree on his current game, disagree with folks (not saying you are one) doubting he will evolve.

18 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Never said he wouldn't evolve. But we have to wait and see if he does because it isn't certain.

See my edit to prev post.

Nothing’s certain, but he’s disproved the many doubters so far. Frankly, has made them all look foolish.

20 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Lamar has Mark Andrews. Mark Ingram has been a very reliable RB. Even though Marquis Brown was a rookie, he ain't no slouch and has a very bright future ahead if him.

Ingram brings little to passing game.

And come on, neither Andrews nor brown are close to Kelce/Hill et al. Mahomes has had an embarrassment of riches in passing game weapons compared to Jackson. All that plus he has Andy Reid.

17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Ingram brings little to passing game.

And come on, neither Andrews nor brown are close to Kelce/Hill et al. Mahomes has had an embarrassment of riches in weapons for passing game compared to Jackson. 

Mark Andrews had a great year. He had as many tds as Kelce and Kittle combined.

I'm not saying that Brown is close to Hill, just said he ain't no slouch and will be a really good WR in the near future.

Mark Ingram had 5 receiving tds this season, that's a pretty good contribution to the passing game. To your credit though, Ingram wasn't known much as a receiving threat in NO because the Saints never really used him the way he is used with the Ravens.

5 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Mark Andrews had a great year. He had as many tds as Kelce and Kittle combined.

I'm not saying that Brown is close to Hill, just said he ain't no slouch and will be a really good WR in the near future.

Mark Ingram had 5 receiving tds this season, that's a pretty good contribution to the passing game. To your credit though, Ingram wasn't known much as a receiving threat in NO because the Saints never really used him the way he is used with the Ravens.

Good post.

He had a great year in part due to Lamar. But he’s a notch below Kelce, and We both know it.

Agree brown’s no slouch, he and LJ seem to have a great chemistry. 

Future looks bright for ravens.