7 minutes ago, jgentry162 said:

Russell Wilson was awesome. Lamar Jackson was just a strong arm. 

Yeah, Jackson looked really bad, but was pretty accurate overall this season after a rough rookie year and not being very accurate in college.  Curious to see if pro bowl was a fluke or if this season was.  Time will tell.

50 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Obviously he has a ways to go, he's a second year qb, but this game shouldn't even move the needle on somebody's opinion of him as a QB.

This game had nothing to do with my opinion at all.  I studied him all season long unlike others simply going off of stats and highlights. I pointed out his cons l season and got shut down because of stats and people repeating what the media said. I don’t think a lot actually watched his game. If they did they would say the same I said. Like I’ve always said, short accuracy, he’s deadly. Beyond 20 yards he’s extremely inconsistent. And it has nothing to do with his receivers. He still has work to do with his mechanics as well. I’m certain he will be working hard this Offseaon to improve that. They also need to get one legit target to go with those speedsters they have to allow them to enhance their game as well. 

what I do find funny is the amount of shock that follows someone being honest about his play. I know getting caught in the moment is a thing and all but he’s not what he’s been made out to be and it’s not close at all. Why that’s so hard to accept is mind boggling. 

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Obviously he has a ways to go, he's a second year qb, but this game shouldn't even move the needle on somebody's opinion of him as a QB.

Kinda silly, isn’t it? 

In general, most folks (analysts/scouts/media/fans) were so ******* wrong about LJ coming into NFL, they’re gonna take their shots even after an MVP year. That biased inability/refusal to admit when wrong is ingrained in our Human nature.

18 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Kinda silly, isn’t it? 

In general, most folks (analysts/scouts/media/fans) were so ******* wrong about LJ coming into NFL, they’re gonna take their shots even after an MVP year. That biased inability/refusal to admit when wrong is ingrained in our Human nature.

Jackson had a very good season.

But next season will be very telling whether it was just a very good season or is that closer to the norm for him.

Jackson did not look good at all when it mattered the most in the postseason and went one and done. Let's see if he can get past that next season.

18 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Kinda silly, isn’t it? 

Whats funny is that whenever he does anything less than spectacular, folks come out of the woodwork to say  "see I told you so".  

8 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

But next season will be very telling whether it was just a very good season or is that closer to the norm for him.

Jackson did not look good at all when it mattered the most in the postseason and went one and done. Let's see if he can get past that next season.

Agree to an extent...,but You can say that about most 2nd year QBs.

My bigger point is he’s already vastly surpassed everyone’s expectations, especially those predicting he would never be an NFL starting QB. 

5 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Whats funny is that whenever he does anything less than spectacular, folks come out of the woodwork to say  "see I told you so".  

Yup. This thread’s littered with them. Over a fricking ‘QB challenge’ at that.....

9 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Go back and watch his games this season, especially against teams that weren't in the bottom 12 in defensive rankings. You'll see a similar pattern. One of the main things I've harped on the entire time that is completely overlooked.