Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slider

Kobe Bryant Dead in Helicopter Crash!

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

I don't know what to say about people. He talks about how others should conduct themselves yet he's not providing a good example himself. GG's

I guess that's my cue to get off break

If I had to guess, he is former military who has been impacted by line of duty death or has family who has been impacted by lodd and has some misdirected frustrations.  Which, his point is valid.  It is a shame that these people don't get more respect and reverence but that's just the world we live in so it's a more than a little silly to get that upset about it.  Doctors, teachers, surgeons, firemen, police, etc. they all should be lifted up more than professional athletes as well, or movie stars, musicians, etc because they are more critical overall but again...not the world we live in.

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Do as I say not as I do.

yup

Just now, athell said:

If I had to guess, he is former military who has been impacted by line of duty death or has family who has been impacted by lodd and has some misdirected frustrations.  Which, his point is valid.  It is a shame that these people don't get more respect and reverence but that's just the world we live in so it's a more than a little silly to get that upset about it.  Doctors, teachers, surgeons, firemen, police, etc. they all should be lifted up more than professional athletes as well, or movie stars, musicians, etc because they are more critical overall but again...not the world we live in.

which is cool and all but you can't force someone to celebrate what you(generally speaking) celebrate. Certainly shouldn't get bent out of shape about it. Those who have died for this country get a few days throughout the year dedicated to them. Regular joes such as you and I don't get that treatment. Kobe isn't going to get that treatment. Doleman isn't going to get that treatment. Prince doesn't get that treatment. Michael Jordan won't get that treatment. Should I keep going?? 

I choose to celebrate those lives of soldiers on their dedicated days and when I see one in the street I shake their hand and say thank you or say nothing at all because they know why. Getting upset because people are celebrating a public figure is one of the worst things a person can do because most times that's when your true colors come out, which happened here. But it is what it is. 

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

which is cool and all but you can't force someone to celebrate what you(generally speaking) celebrate. Certainly shouldn't get bent out of shape about it. Those who have died for this country get a few days throughout the year dedicated to them. Regular joes such as you and I don't get that treatment. Kobe isn't going to get that treatment. Doleman isn't going to get that treatment. Prince doesn't get that treatment. Michael Jordan won't get that treatment. Should I keep going?? 

I choose to celebrate those lives of soldiers on their dedicated days and when I see one in the street I shake their hand and say thank you or say nothing at all because they know why. Getting upset because people are celebrating a public figure is one of the worst things a person can do because most times that's when your true colors come out, which happened here. But it is what it is. 

Yup!

Saw people on social media getting mad at people for getting more upset over Kobe and Gianna than the other 7 passengers and while I get it...those other 7 passengers weren't in my living room every year for 20 years.  I didn't have the time investment into the other 7 than I did with Kobe and to a much lesser degree Gianna.  It's heart breaking for all involved.  It's tragic for all involved.  But I only was really invested in and knew one of the victims, so my grief is more directed in that direction.  Doesn't mean I'm not sad for the other 7 or 8...just means the 1 hit me much harder.

3 minutes ago, athell said:

Yup!

Saw people on social media getting mad at people for getting more upset over Kobe and Gianna than the other 7 passengers and while I get it...those other 7 passengers weren't in my living room every year for 20 years.  I didn't have the time investment into the other 7 than I did with Kobe and to a much lesser degree Gianna.  It's heart breaking for all involved.  It's tragic for all involved.  But I only was really invested in and knew one of the victims, so my grief is more directed in that direction.  Doesn't mean I'm not sad for the other 7 or 8...just means the 1 hit me much harder.

eggzactly. Heart goes out to all involved but Kobe struck hardest. Once the news hit that his daughter especially and the others were involved that made it much worse. But there's only one legacy that can be spoken of from a worldwide perspective. 

39 minutes ago, athell said:

This thread is going to be locked because you can't stop being this way so let me just say before it is...

RIP Mamba.  RIP Gigi.  RIP to all the victims in this horrific accident.  You all will be missed and were taken way too soon.

36 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Fr dudes gonna get it shutdown. 

I hope God helps all the families involved in this, helps all those who lost a loved one in that crash. God bless every single person in that wreck.

Dont take the bait. He would probably Iike nothing more than to get it shut down. He obviously has a  problem with it.