Kobe Bryant Dead in Helicopter Crash!

slider

4 hours ago, Malachore said:

I'll catch **** but I sure wish people kept this same energy about the millions of other people who die around the world. My Facebook is full of nothing but people posting this like they are breaking the news.

This country puts celebrities on too much of a pedestal. 

There is nothing wrong with what you're saying.  It's always a bit unifying when it's someone we all "know" for lack of a better word

27 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

There is nothing wrong with what you're saying.  It's always a bit unifying when it's someone we all "know" for lack of a better word

I met Kobe at a conference in Orlando, FL, 2-years ago. Really nice guy in person, seemed to radiate a maturity way beyond his younger self. You could just tell he was all about motivating people in his later life. 

You might say why lament over a person like Kobe, that most did not know? Why it matters is because Kobe was bigger than life, he had wealth, fame, gifted athlete, and a beautiful family. If Kobe can die tragically, cutting his magical life abruptly short, than it can happen to anyone even us! Our own mortality comes knocking. Got the same reality check with Princess Diane, John Lennon, Martin Luther, Bobby and John Kennedy.

Kobe was kind of like a father figure to me. He went through so much adversity with the rape case, with shaq leaving, and with the doubters ripping on him and he proved them all wrong. He just put his head down and went to work with his hard hat on. I been following him since he came into the league and could relate to him because I graduated HS early. He was a true champ. I am so glad I got to watch him play live. 

I don’t know who may need to hear/read this:

Often used as a way of coping, to those that may be especially saddened that did not know Kobe or anyone personally that was in this tragic accident...people at times use sports to fill voids in their personal lives (the “emotional” fan)...this “could” be a sign of something like depression or actual mental illness and not just a period of natural grief in response to personal loss.

Some people may start believing “if their favorite player is gone then what’s left for them?”

Hopefully, no one is in that dark of a place, but if you are please consider some others who found reasons for going on:

^You don’t have to be popular to matter...or have value to other humans or this planet by negative self-comparisons...which only serve to undermine self-worth.

Joy and happiness come from giving and that gives us purpose. Those things spring from a person that loves themselves properly; a thing depression or mental illness can distort. Your fight can benefit others one day like the person in the video sharing their story and you don’t have to be a sports star or a popular icon on tv or the internet etc.

Try being a friend to those around you and ask for help when you need it. At some point, we all do. We are supposed to be able to rely on other people and sometimes people close up/stop trusting others when they have suffered in one way or another. Some don’t have family or close friends these days.

Hope everyone gets some relief and maybe some healing in the process. Each person has different needs when it comes to that.

5 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

For me it was Dale Earnhardt.  Dale was my #1 sports hero since I was a kid in the 80s. NASCAR has never recovered from his death.

Really sad for Kobe's family and fans. Such a shocking and unexpected way to go.

Same here. Dale Earnhardt and Adam Petty's deaths really hit me hard as a kid. Especially since they happened only a few months apart. NASCAR has never been the same since. I find myself on YouTube watching old NASCAR races and every time I see that black #3 or Dale himself it just hits me just how much I miss him and I wasn't even an Earnhardt fan. I was a Rusty Wallace fan and it still is hard to deal with.

17 hours ago, Malachore said:

I'll catch **** but I sure wish people kept this same energy about the millions of other people who die around the world. My Facebook is full of nothing but people posting this like they are breaking the news.

This country puts celebrities on too much of a pedestal. 

Or perhaps its because I've never heard of Joe Smith from Wyoming and he never influenced my life or my mindset in the way Kobe did. Celebrities have the medium for getting messages to mass amounts of people, Kobe sent great messages. Being upset about his loss is more than just idolizing the basketball player.

17 hours ago, Jpizzle said:

**** TMZ. Absolutely 1000% **** them.

TMZ has always been classless but you would think they wouldn't cross this line. You're on social media or google and you have to find out your husband, father or sister died. No wonder the oldest daughter had to be rushed to the hospital,  the new was already sad enough but to hear it from TMZ first before anyone else is pathetic. I guess the part that annoys me the most is they are going about their sunday and you pull up social media and your messages and twitter feed are filled with kobe Bryant has died,, your husband and father. 

I heard on Fox sports radio in the car, while driving and I had to pull off the road. Not a huge basketball fan, but there are a few who I admired and enjoyed watching, guys like Jordan, Shaq, Wade, Lebron, Curry and Kobe.  Really enjoyed the tribute that were made on the games that were playing, especially with Trae Young and the hawks/Wizards. You will be missed Black Mamba. RIP.

9 minutes ago, caponine said:

Nobody else released that story until TMZ did, ABC at first just said there was a helicopter crash so did CNN. They didnt identify any body on the helicopter 

A friend of mine lives in that area. He said it was a zoo of people in town. He was rather disgusted because people were videoing and taking pictures to make it about them being there on social media and not showing respect for the lost lives. Society is all ****** up. 

3 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

A friend of mine lives in that area. He said it was a zoo of people in town. He was rather disgusted because people were videoing and taking pictures to make it about them being there on social media and not showing respect for the lost lives. Society is all ****** up. 

Would you expect anything less in Los Angeles?

8 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

A friend of mine lives in that area. He said it was a zoo of people in town. He was rather disgusted because people were videoing and taking pictures to make it about them being there on social media and not showing respect for the lost lives. Society is all ****** up.

You said a mouthful.

57 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Society has been ****** up for years now , people are actually using this story as a contest to see who can report it first. Someone incorrectly put out his 4 daughters were on the plane