Jump to content

Am I the only one who thinks the Saints are much more vulnerable with Drew Brees than with Teddy Bridgewater?


Recommended Posts

Saints have had a great couple of drafts the last few years adding a heap of defensive starters plus Kamara and Peat. Basically this saved them and has allowed  them to extend Brees’s run at a second (this time untainted) title. Honestly while these guys are still on their rookie salaries they can still make a run and I will always prefer them to start Bridgewater over Brees. IMHO Brees is a special player and the recent crazy loses they have had have not been a result of him. While he plays they will always be dangerous.

Edited by primetime
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, octoslash said:

The Saints are better with Teddy than with Drew?  Did I interpret this right?

 kelso on Tumblr

 


 

 

 

Well....... wasn't the Saints undefeated during the season when Teddy was the starter?

 

All of the Saints losses this season was when Brees was named the starter.

 

I think the Saints played better overall as a team when Teddy started because they had a huge chip on their shoulders without Brees. Once Brees came back, the Saints as a team became more reliant on Brees to carry the team and also got arrogant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Yes it does. The Saints have been going 13-3 lately. Its hard to top that. I think we sweep the Saints with Brees.

A big reason is Brees. Bridgewater got wins while Brees was injured, but nobody in their right mind can say that they dominated. Infact, those opponents played terrible during that stretch. The Saints should have lost every one of those games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

Well....... wasn't the Saints undefeated during the season when Teddy was the starter?

 

All of the Saints losses this season was when Brees was named the starter.

 

I think the Saints played better overall as a team when Teddy started because they had a huge chip on their shoulders without Brees. Once Brees came back, the Saints as a team became more reliant on Brees to carry the team and also got arrogant.

Well you do have a point.  They do expect Brees to be the savior and they played good solid fundamental football with Teddy. 

I take back about half my skepticism of the OP.  But if anyone is saying Teddy is a better QB than Drew...that's not even close.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Well you do have a point.  They do expect Brees to be the savior and they played good solid fundamental football with Teddy. 

I take back about half my skepticism of the OP.  But if anyone is saying Teddy is a better QB than Drew...that's not even close.  

I think we do better against pocket passers than against mobile quarterbacks. We played very well against Brees this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Well you do have a point.  They do expect Brees to be the savior and they played good solid fundamental football with Teddy. 

I take back about half my skepticism of the OP.  But if anyone is saying Teddy is a better QB than Drew...that's not even close.  

So many folks have been saying for many years Brees is done....that’s a freaking joke. The dude can still play at a high level and is still very very accurate and reads defense better than most. He’s one of the greatest QBs ever. I know he’s a Saint but c’mon man. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Well....... wasn't the Saints undefeated during the season when Teddy was the starter. All of the Saints losses this season was when Brees was named the starter.

TB got shutdown by the rams and was a game manager. This is why they are looking for a new QB in the draft. They just have a ridiculous amount of talent on defense, special teams, and on the OL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

TB got shutdown by the rams and was a game manager. This is why they are looking for a new QB in the draft. They just have a ridiculous amount of talent on defense, special teams, and on the OL. 

 

But if I can remember correctly, Teddy didn't start that game. That was the game where Brees tore his thumb when Aaron Donald tried to sack him.

 

Teddy had to play on short notice and the Saints were already in jeopardy of losing that game when Brees got hurt. Teddy went on to start the next bunch of games to where they went undefeated until Brees returned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think we do better against pocket passers than against mobile quarterbacks. We played very well against Brees this year. 

I hate to bring race into it, but this happens far too often, just because a QB is black doesn’t mean he is mobile.  Bridgewater had 1,384 passing yards this year and 31 yards rushing...which is 6.2 yards per game started.  Ryan averages 6.9 for his career.  Bridgewater ran a 4.79 40 at his pro day (always clocked faster than the combine), Ryan a 4.86 at the combine.  Bridgewater is just as much of a pocket QB as Ryan is, and people complain about Ryan’s mobility all the time.

To answer the original question, I think it depends when we play the Saints.  Two years ago his arm fell off during the playoffs, this past year it happened end of regular season.  Overall brees gives them a better chance to win during most of the regular season, but if we play them in December it could be to our advantage if the trend continues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Osiruz said:

TB got shutdown by the rams and was a game manager. This is why they are looking for a new QB in the draft. They just have a ridiculous amount of talent on defense, special teams, and on the OL. 

Will be interesting if this is smoke and mirrors or they really feel that way.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...