Refried Beans

Grant Delpit is soft.

59 posts in this topic

Dont pick this dude he will be a bust. See article below, he struggles in man coverage. Scout says his tackling is sub-par often bouncing off the ball carrier. I get Vic Beasley vibes with this dude. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tigers safety Grant Delpit, the Jim Thorpe Award winner, became the first player to make his NFL intentions known on Wednesday. Though he was hampered by injuries for much of the year, Delpit still was one of the best defensive backs in college football. Delpit was a three-year starter for Ed Orgeron in Baton Rouge, compiling 199 tackles, 17.5 tackles for loss, 24 passes defended, eight interceptions and seven sacks. 

 

 

 

Image result for grant delpit championship trophy

Edited by Spts1
FalconsIn2012, thofin21 and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 If Falcons draft Delpit he will be another in a long line of first round fails. Piling up stats against such juggernaut passing teams as the Arkansas Razorbacks, Miss State Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, and Georgia Southern Eagles, 3/4 of the teams LSU play in the SEC West are trash. Three hard games a year, Alabama, Auburn, and Florida. Plus he has gimpy ankles, we already have that with Julio, we dont need another player that wont practice and could risk dividing the locker room, HARD PASS. 

Edited by Refried Beans
GeorgiaBoyz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted a scouting report that backs up what I was saying. It aint just me that says this guy will be a bust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol teams are going to regret passing on Delpit because they were too focused on what he couldn’t do/struggled with, especially during a time where injuries mght’ve hampered him, while simultaneously ignoring his freaky range, quickness, and vision. Last year I tried watching Greedy Williams, continued to see little that impressed me, and constantly shifted my attention to #9 Grant Delpit. One down year in College doesn’t make or break his NFL career but it can hurt his draft stock. Again, teams will regret passing on him. 

Atlanta might be one of those teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Color me Badd video is awesome Ya_Boi. One dude looks like Kenny G. 

Edited by Refried Beans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t hate him as a player, but I also don’t think he will be the first safety drafted (McKinney), but more likely 2nd or 3rd off the board.

thread title is he is soft, yet his supporting article sites his aggressiveness as an attribute...oh boy.

that said OP is way to bold in his stance, which is no surprise based on his takes on pretty much everything. Extreme and bullheaded.

FalconDawg28 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Osiruz said:

I am not sold on delpit either, he doesnt look like a first rounder to me. 

Considering ya’lls (you + refried brains) track records, I’m feeling better and better about Delpit with every thread.

:ninja:

athell, gtech1 and AUTiger7222 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

I posted a scouting report that backs up what I was saying. It aint just me that says this guy will be a bust. 

Scouting reports also said Aaron Curry was the next big thing and safest pick in the draft and that Jamarcus Russell would be special. Scouting reports also said Grady would get beat up by teams and was undersized and couldn’t play a full 4 quarters. Scouting reports have never outweighed actual play on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CTann said:

Lol teams are going to regret passing on Delpit because they were too focused on what he couldn’t do/struggled with, especially during a time where injuries mght’ve hampered him, while simultaneously ignoring his freaky range, quickness, and vision. Last year I tried watching Greedy Williams, continued to see little that impressed me, and constantly shifted my attention to #9 Grant Delpit. One down year in College doesn’t make or break his NFL career but it can hurt his draft stock. Again, teams will regret passing on him. 

Atlanta might be one of those teams. 

Yup. He needs to improve in that area, but Tackling won’t be the reason why Delpit will be an All-Pro.

Remember this one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude, you went from saying a couple months ago that you didn't want Delpit because he was an in-box hard hitting safety and that's dying out in the NFL to how saying you don't want him because he's too "soft." You just don't like him. That's fine. But don't try to act like you're basing it on anything more than hate and loose confirmation bias.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Yup. He needs to improve in that area, but Tackling won’t be reason why Delpit will be an All-Pro.

Remember this one? 

I never understood peoples surprise with Quiz's power and hard running. They must have never watched that dude in college. He's still responsible for one of the best college games I ever watched. He put on a show.

I was also shocked with how they viewed Grady. I knew he was a beast his first year in college.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Dont pick this dude he will be a bust. See article below, he struggles in man coverage. Scout says his tackling is sub-par often bouncing off the ball carrier. I get Vic Beasley vibes with this dude. 

 

I agree. Don't see it in him.

Refried Beans likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now