Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BUBBASBEANS

WHAT ADJUSTMENTS WILL DK MAKE TO ENSURE SUCCESS IN 2020

Just thought I’d serve this up since it’s a boring no football weekend.  We’ve all stated our opinions many times re DK, his scheme (both good and bad).  Rather than take the “low road” and bash, I was wondering what If any changes you think he makes to help our OL, create a running game and speed up the routes???  

38 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Just thought I’d serve this up since it’s a boring no football weekend.  We’ve all stated our opinions many times re DK, his scheme (both good and bad).  Rather than take the “low road” and bash, I was wondering what If any changes you think he makes to help our OL, create a running game and speed up the routes???  

He could use more screens to the running backs...he already runs alot of screens to the receivers and to the tight ends.

The single biggest thing is to get everyone on the same page.....backs...tight ends...o line...even the receivers.

Far too often we had plays that were in good shape only to have 1 guy pluck it up like it was a chicken.

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

On a more serious note identity how he wants to run the football as a first and foremost improvement.

Shorten up his route combinations exposing every level when attacking downfield.

Beiing able to adapt on the fly.

The scheme he runs needs a power game to compliment it. I really hope they get that hashed out and the offensive line gets clarity on communication and responsibilities. 

I can’t help but wonder if we’re still holding onto 2016 on offense and forcing part of Shanny’s scheme on Koetter, like we did with Sark

I’m no Dirk fan but let the guy run his own scheme. Trying to mix schemes is how you end up with a mash of crap like we had on defense trying to be “multiple” in 2013/2014

I really believe the only reason our offense the past 3 years hasn’t been as bad as our 2014 defense (bottom of the league) is because of Matt, and to a lesser extent Julio/Ridley. We’ve had a bottom 5 run game and bottom third pass protection. Other than having a nice 1-2 punch at receiver, playing QB in our offense the last 3 seasons has been undesirable to say the least, a bottom third situation in the league 

Where to start...

More balanced, less predictable play calling. 

Figure out our identity on the offensive line. If Koetter wants to run a power/gap scheme then let's fully commit to it.

More help for the offensive line and Matt Ryan. Balanced play-calling will help but we should chip pass rushers more often, roll Matt out of the pocket more often, more 3 step drops. Give Matt some safety net options to dump the ball off to every once in while. More pre-snap motion.

I'd love to see more rub type routes that Shanahan and LaFleur love to run, then mix it up with some fakes every once it a while. The below example from the Packers was a thing of beauty.

Have some foresight to put something on tape and then take advantage of it later in the year.

First step:  Do a better job in the off season.  Quinn's teams are notoriously unprepared for the regular season.  We give up games early that we should win.  

Let's see a good tackling team from the beginning.  Let's see a defensive secondary that knows its assignments.........I hate seeing DB's throw their hands up after giving up a big play.  

Step 2:  Develop a pass rush by hiding the pressure better.  

Step 3:  Let's see a better blocking OL scheme.  

Step 4:  Actually get the backups ready for action.

Mind you, I still think Quinn should have been fired, but since he is still here, I dropped my two cents-worth.

16 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Subliminal meditation. Dirk just needs to play this song over and over again in his head until it sinks in. 

16 hours ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

The adjustment of leaving this organization. 

Why are you always yelling?  First your user name, now the topic of this thread, when will the madness end?!?!?

<that was a joke>

That said, what will he do and what should he do are very different responses.  I don’t think he will change much, but he should.