Belichick didn’t want TD to trade up for Julio

ike barn87987

43 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Well Julio put us in position to win the Super Bowl with a great catch. He did his job.

He did in 2012 NFCG against 49ers with two great TD catches in that game as well. I have no doubt we whoop ravens *** in that SB.

Bad coaching has cost him two rings. 

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

See Matt Ryan. Last year it was he had an MVP season, he's gonna lead to a Super Bowl before he retires. This year you get a QB who throws mostly checkdowns and runs a lot and all of a sudden Matt is washed. There's always going to be something other than the truth

It’s pretty much this in a nutshell:

If I can’t smack talk that “X” player is a SB champion, I’ll blame the player.

After all WINNERS elevate their team single handedly to Super Bowl trophies above all else. They control every uncontrollable element and even will to victory bad coaching/OTHER roster decisions because GOAT DUH!!

And if you ain’t got a ring you ain’t a goat!!! :mmmhmm:

Meanwhile in reality, SB trophies are by far a great team achievement; coaches and everyone involved play a part...if your best guy plays immaculately and does his job how that equates to >HE< isn’t good enough if you lose the game, even with a great individual performance, is simply not logical.

4 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Yep. Like, I get it, I'm not a huge fan of having so much cap allocated to a WR...but he's been a huge part of the team's success and is the best WR in the NFL, as well as a top 5 WR all time, all while being incredibly humble and team focused.

See this is my thing I don’t categorise 11 like that.

Best football player on my team is a bit more closer to the truth.

This is another thing about the Jones x2 phenomenon we draft develop pay.I think a lot round here want game wreckers but because they’ll never get close to what they earn they think these guys should stay in that pay scale there whole careers.

Guys like 11 & 45 don’t grow on trees and get rewarded accordingly.Position regardless you give me players like this you’ll have a better chance to win more than you’ll lose.

6 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

What people forget is had we not traded up for JJ Gabe Carimi would have been the pick. Oddly enough he still ended up on the roster years later and sucked.

trading up for JJ actually saved the Falcons from a crappy draft IMO.

That was a stacked draft.  Steelers had similar picks in each round as our initial selections.   They took Heyward, Decastro, Gilbert and Allen.  Would you have traded those 4 and two fourth Rd picks for JJ?  I. don't know.  Julio was costly move, though.  Still love him

3 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

One of the few true game wreckers we have and they wanna hate him. 

If we had a game wrecker on offense we'd be elite. Just cant find it. 

God Im going to hate that phrase quickly. 

Huge Julio fan for what its worth. You cant pass up that kind of talent. 

Unfortunately, we have also saddled ourselves to other talent that doesn't produce like he does. Im guessing our "win now" mode for the last few years is catching up to us as Julio ages and some of the contracts we made were short-sighted. 

If this year isnt a complete turnaround there are dark days on the horizon. 

TD made this known at the time of the 2011 draft.

On paper, it was a ridiculous move to make at the time. It delayed our OL rebuild for 2 years and left us without the draft capital to replace Abe, Turner, Gonzo with better players. It was unquestionably a very significant factor in our 2013 and 14 slump. 

99 times out of 100, a team making that trade in that position  doesn’t get anywhere near enough value to justify a 5 for 1 draft swap. Thankfully for us, we did actually hit on a great talent and the 2011 and 2012 draft classes turned out to be poor that we probably did get more value that we would have had staying put...

10 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

We still havnt won a Superbowl with Julio yet, so im still not sure it was worth it.. Ultimately a championship is what matters 

I believe that SB was fixed, like most are.

But, the point I want to make is why is it not good enough to have played in the SB. Would say that is a pretty successful year!

Many of the runner-ups in American Idol have gone on to be more successful than the winner. America does recognize the 'Runner-Up', as they should.

Belichick is the best coach of all time, but his track record drafting wide receivers is pretty poor. At the time, he thought another draft eligible WR would be just as good as Julio. Can't remember his name, but he turned into a bust.

If there is one situation where I might not listen to Belichick, it would be about wide receivers...

4 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I'm beginning to think you simply just don't have the ability to appreciate what you have. Julio Jones is the greatest Falcon of all time. Over the last 6 years, he's been a top 5 NFL player, not receiver, NFL player. And you don't want him on this team. Ridiculous

I love Julio as a player and a person.. Just would honestly like to know the teams objective on offering so much for the guy.. Did they believe he is the missing part to our championship or was it more for merchandising the guy to make money off his name? 

52 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I love Julio as a player and a person.. Just would honestly like to know the teams objective on offering so much for the guy.. Did they believe he is the missing part to our championship or was it more for merchandising the guy to make money off his name? 

The way he played in the 2012 NFC championship game, 2016 NFC championship game and the amazing super bowl catch showed he was worth every penny. I'd blame the coaching staff and even a little bit Matt Ryan (fumble, taking a sack and not throwing it away) before I would Julio for us not winning a title yet.

7 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The way he played in the 2012 NFC championship game, 2016 NFC championship game and the amazing super bowl catch showed he was worth every penny. I'd blame the coaching staff and even a little bit Matt Ryan (fumble, taking a sack and not throwing it away) before I would Julio for us not winning a title yet.

Im definitely not blaming Julio.. Let me be clear, im asking what was the front offices reasoning for giving up so much to get the guy.. 

10 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Im definitely not blaming Julio.. Let me be clear, im asking what was the front offices reasoning for giving up so much to get the guy.. 

This whole thread is pointless.

Cuz every coach and GM past on what was to become HOF talent at some point.

Look at all the teams that past on Brady...or Joe Montana...*insert HOF'er here*

3 hours ago, ukfalc said:

TD made this known at the time of the 2011 draft.

On paper, it was a ridiculous move to make at the time. It delayed our OL rebuild for 2 years and left us without the draft capital to replace Abe, Turner, Gonzo with better players. It was unquestionably a very significant factor in our 2013 and 14 slump. 

99 times out of 100, a team making that trade in that position  doesn’t get anywhere near enough value to justify a 5 for 1 draft swap. Thankfully for us, we did actually hit on a great talent and the 2011 and 2012 draft classes turned out to be poor that we probably did get more value that we would have had staying put...

The 2011 draft class just might be the best ever. No cap. You had players like demarco murray and Justin houston taken in thevmid rounds. Sherman drafted in a late round. Almost every team got a pro bowler in the 1st round. Multiple DPOY came from that draft. There was a time when you could list the top 3-5 players at every postion in the NFL, and you would have 1 or more 2011 alum at every position in the top 3-5 players. We very well may never see a draft like 2011 again. Not only did a lot of these players end up being soem fo the top at their respected positions, but a vast majoritt of those players were putting up pro bowl caliber numbers in their rookie or sophomore seasons, as well as many players from that class making the pro bowl in their 1st or 2nd seasons.  That draft was beyond stacked, and repeat of a draft class like that is just what about every NFL team could use. If you are talking about the Falcons individual draft classes in 2011 and 2012 being poor, then i agree. The way you worded it definitley sounded like you were talking about the entire class as a whole. 

Edited by LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

14 hours ago, Vandy said:

Bull ****, that’s crazy talk. Shanny was important, but we don’t sniff a SB in ‘16 without Julio.

LMAO. Julio was not the reason we went to a Bowl. He's had five seasons better than his 2016 season and we didn't sniff a Bowl. The reason we went to a Bowl was because of Shanny's scheme, Ryan hitting 13 different receivers for TDs, Free's 1500 yard/13 TD season and the play of the defense after the bye.