Center: Nick Harris, Washington

The O.D.B

2 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

There was another tweet showing how he snaps the ball sometimes with his head down. He didn’t have a good SB imo.

Man, that was a horrid Rep! I think I saw another where Davon drove him back but, it was controlled.

If we needed an immediate starter, I'd probably go for Cushberrey but since we have at least a year I really like the way Harris moves and like Kaleb he's always looking for someone to block.

I wouldn’t be too extreme and put an UDFA grade on a guy because he’s anchored poorly on a few 1v1 reps in practice. I’d knock him a little grade wise, but not to the point of UDFA status.

Harris and Hennessy are still the two best ZBS lineman in the class. Their quickness and ability to get to the second level is top-tier, and teams will value that really high.

Harris also had quite a few promising reps and looked good in team drills, not all was bad like @ike barn87987 is making it seem. Players have bad reps here, that’s what happens. Matt Hennessy lost a handful of reps by my count, as did Ben Bredeson, Lloyd Cushenberry, Josh Jones, Damien Lewis, Jason Strowbridge, Javon Kinlaw, Davon Hamilton, Bradlee Anae, Kenny Willekes, Francis Bernard, etc. 

I wouldn’t mark him as UDFA. His performance (and weigh-in) will affect his draft stock, but not to that extreme. 

1 hour ago, A-TowN.- said:

Harris also had quite a few promising reps and looked good in team drills, not all was bad like @ike barn87987 is making it seem. Players have bad reps here, that’s what happens. Matt Hennessy lost a handful of reps by my count, as did Ben Bredeson, Lloyd Cushenberry, Josh Jones, Damien Lewis, Jason Strowbridge, Javon Kinlaw, Davon Hamilton, Bradlee Anae, Kenny Willekes, Francis Bernard, etc. 

I wouldn’t mark him as UDFA. His performance (and weigh-in) will affect his draft stock, but not to that extreme. 

Yeah, Ike didn't really turn me off on Harris, those reps where horrid though. He looks like a totally different player in Game vids and I like what I see there a lot. So far I like him and Cush the best with Harris being much more nimble like Chris L and Cush being more power (strong enough to use a G until needed at C). 

If CBS has him projected at 99, what damage do you think the ugly reps might do to him? 

1 hour ago, The O.D.B said:

Yeah, Ike didn't really turn me off on Harris, those reps where horrid though. He looks like a totally different player in Game vids and I like what I see there a lot. So far I like him and Cush the best with Harris being much more nimble like Chris L and Cush being more power (strong enough to use a G until needed at C). 

If CBS has him projected at 99, what damage do you think the ugly reps might do to him? 

Yeah they were bad reps and his length looks like it could be an issue, but that ZBS plug and play ability is going to be very appealing to some teams. He’s got rare quickness and second level ability. 

I honestly think his floor is Round 4, but could go as high as early Round 3. I think he’s still around the top 100.

Nick Harris is a ZBS only center. He's a smaller Garrett Bradbury, another guy that I loved last year. People complained about Bradbury's reps in 1v1 drills and I constantly mentioned these drills are heavily skewed in favor of the DL because of the last of any help or situation to slow the DL down. Yet, Bradbury anchored one of the best rushing attacks and offenses in general in Minnesota. Harris may drop, but if he goes to a ZBS heavy scheme with good OG play next to him, he will be fine in the league. He's basically the same size as Rodney Hudson when he was coming out.