Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Prospects In NFL Draft You Are Already Sold On

I thought it would interesting to hear each others list of players that you are already sold on, and would like to see them on the roster.

* I will not be including players that are unrealistic (ex: Chase Young)

- Josh Uche EDGE/SLB Michigan - While he came in a hair under 6'2", Uche is a player I am full convinced will be a Pro Bowler at the NFL level. He has dominated the Senior Bowl, and has displayed alot more versatility in coverage than many thought he had. Many scouts think he can transition to playing a SLB in a 4-3, while also getting a lot of snaps ruahing the passer. He has that dog in him. Interview after MSU game in 2018 is evidence of that. He truly looks at pass ruahing as an 'art', and said he will never stop working on his craft. Valls himself the Picasso of pass rushers. See the interview at the senior bowl to see how much pass rushing really means to this young kid. I think he could come in here, and be the starting SLB, while also being a primary edge rusher on passing downs. He has dispalyed the aility to drop into coverage, and be successful at it. Draft Range: We would probably need to get him with one of our 2nd round picks, as he is a fast riser. If he shows out at combine, then he has the pass rushing skills to sneak into 1st round. 

- Kristian Fulton CB LSU - Some are against a CB at 16, but Fulton is my exception. This dude has all the tools of a CB1 in the NFL. He gas the length, size, speed, and quickness that every GM covets. He was outshined by super freshman Derk Stingley in 2019, but thats because Stingley was the best CB college football has seen since at least Patrick Peterson in 2010. Stingley had a lot of INT, but that is partly because aome QB's were intentionally avoiding Fulton. This oids going to be special, and his ability to break on a ball and bat balls away reminds me of a 2014-2015 Desmond Trufant. He could start day 1 opposite Trufant, and would allow us to pair him with Oliver on the outside after 2020, so we can move on from the Trufant contract. Sheffield is our NB of the future, but Fulton would give us 4 CB's that qould give a lot of QB's fits. Draft Range: Fulton is expected to go right around 16, so thats where we would need to snatch up the future star.

Darrell Taylor EDGE Tennessee - We met with him at the Senior Bowl, but he has questions about his motor and character. He overcame a bad fight with a teammate a few years ago that required his teammate to get stitches on his head, and became the team captain in 2019. Based on physical tools and pass rush ability, he may be second to only Chase Young in this draft though. He has EVERY physical quality and characteristic you look for in an NFL edge rusher. There arent any highlight videos on him yet, so the casual fan will have to sit through the full game tapes on youtube. He is anything but a choir boy, and would bring alot of fire to this team and DL. Draft Range: Without the motor and character concerns, he is a sure fire top 20 pick. If he interviews well(which i dont think he will because he has very poor eye contact in interviews) he could be a 2nd round lock. In tve end, I think a team in the 3rd or 4th sees the obvious talent, and he will either be a 10-12 sack guy, or cant get on a team in 2 or 3 years. Its all about where his heads at, and his passion to be the best. I put him on here because of the ability he has on the field though.

- Javon Kinlaw DT South Carolina - I think we all know a lot about this talented kid by this point. He is one of the most athletic DT's i have ever seen. He has been BULLYING people at the senior bowl, and you can epect him to ahow iut at the combine. Not much to say about this kid, other than he will be a perennial pro bowler by year 2 or 3. He will be in the Grady Jarrett, Aaron Donald, Fletcher Cox group soon enough. I personally would take him over Derrick Brown. Some people say hes raw, but I am 100% sure he will be an absolute dominating stud on Sundays. Draft Range: He will either be at 16, or he may require a trade up to the 10-14 range. 

- K'Lavon Chaisson EDGE/LEO/SLB - Chaisson has a similar skillset as Uche, but while Uche has the favor in pass rush technique and skills, Chaisson makes up for in ELITE athletic ability. For a few weeks, he has been my number 1 EDGE prospect that i think can be had in the 16 range. Like Uche, Chaisson can play in pass coverage and play some SLB. Chaisson has a crazy first step and ability to bend the edge and get to the QB. He also is great on stunts, and is very slippery when getting through opposing OL. Hes more raw than Uche, but the sky is the limit for this kid. Hes still only 20, and can even put more weight on without losing his top notch athletacism. He would be the ideal chess piece for DQ in the front 7. He could replace Campbell on early downs, then move him to the edge on passing downs and have him pin his ears back and get to the QB. Draft Range: He is currently projected to go in the 16 range. Even after ge blows up at the combine, I dont see him going much higher than 10-12, but he very well could be there at 16. 

Quick list of other players I am high on, just not as much as the ones listed above:

- Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State (2nd-3rd)

- Grant Delpit S LSU (1st)

- Xavier McKinney S Alabama (1st)

- KJ Hill WR Ohio State (2nd-3rd)

- DeVonta Smith WR Alabama (1st-2nd)

- Cam Akers RB FSU (2nd-3rd)

- Terrell Lewis DE Alabama (1st)

- Anfernee Jennings DE Alabama (2nd-3rd)

- Marlon Davidson DT Auburn (2nd-4th)

- D'Andre Swift RB Georgia (1st)

Im sure there are some players Im forgetting, but I am making this post without my notebook next to me. 

1 hour ago, FalconBlood23 said:

I dont get the - Kristian Fulton CB LSU love out here. I saw the dude get abused all game during the CFB title. Am I missing something?

Nope I saw the same thing. I’m not a huge fan.

Patrick Peterson gets abused by Julio routinely. I guess you wouldn't want him in Atlanta huh? 

Fulton is a dog. He had a rough go early in the National Championship, but he settled in. Also, Tee Higgins is a dog. Let's not act like he was struggling with some scrub. 

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

If I were in charge of draft (and thank god falcon fans I’m not) I wouldn’t hesitate running to podium for this guy. My only worry is he kills it at combine and becomes a Top 10 pick.

I like Chaisson a lot, but the title of that video calling him a “sack guru” with less than 10 sacks in three years is a huge exaggeration lol. 

Taylor is an interesting prospect. Great analysis on where you project him.  He is a guy I’d love anywhere after the 3rd.  

He curb stomped UGA’s OL in back-to-back seasons.  Had like 4 TFL and 4 sacks in two games against us.  Here is a solid breakdown on him

4 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I like Chaisson a lot, but the title of that video calling him a “sack guru” with less than 10 sacks in three years is a huge exaggeration lol. 

I wouldn't call him a sack guru, so much as I would call him a high motor animal; His size and speed are incredible.

I really like this dude in mid rounds

On 1/21/2020 at 9:58 AM, FalconsIn2012 said:

One guy that has caught my eye is Alex Hightower.  I love walk on to All American stories.

Hightower will rise on draft boards but I would love to see him in FB next year.  Dude is an absolute demon off the edge.  Quickest first step in the draft IMO.  Had 47 tackles, 22TFL and 15 sacks this year.  

Some high praise after they played Clemson.  Tigers left tackle Jackson Carman said the former walk-on was "by far the fastest off the ball" of any player he's ever faced.

13 hours ago, Vandy said:

If I were in charge of draft (and thank god falcon fans I’m not) I wouldn’t hesitate running to podium for this guy. My only worry is he kills it at combine and becomes a Top 10 pick.

Chaisson has Injury concerns too, though, now Darrell Taylor interests me as a late first rounder or early second rounder