Dimitroff: Falcons Need More “Game-Wreckers” on Roster

11 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

You've been mentioning his name a lot. I don't follow college football much but is the play maker we've been needing at the safety position? In the championship game, the few times I noticed him was closer to the line of scrimmage. Which safety position do you think he is more suited for in our defense? 

He can play all over. With his range and ball skills, I'd prefer him at FS, but against some of the better TEs we face next year I'd have him man up. Great blitzer too. Truly versatile and a terrific leader by all accounts. He and Chaisson are the lifeblood of that defense.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We already have game wreckers.  They are on the side lines wearing headphones.

Im jealous of Dimitroff. I want a job where I can say a lot of words and say absolutely nothing and get paid a lot for it.  lalalalalalalala "game wrecker" lalallalalalalala "fast and physical" l

Incoming Jamal Adams trade.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

He can play all over. With his range and ball skills, I'd prefer him at FS, but against some of the better TEs we face next year I'd have him man up. Great blitzer too. Truly versatile and a terrific leader by all accounts. He and Chaisson are the lifeblood of that defense.

Do you think he has the patience to play single high? I also think raheem Morris taking over the defense, he might prefer having 2 interchangeable safeties instead of strictly a box and free safety like in Dan's regular scheme.

I think Rico showed well at strong safety last season. His play recognition is excellent and made more impact there. I don't know what to make of kazee but I think he is a better safety than corner. Who do you think Delpit replaces? 

14 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

Do you think he has the patience to play single high? I also think raheem Morris taking over the defense, he might prefer having 2 interchangeable safeties instead of strictly a box and free safety like in Dan's regular scheme.

I think Rico showed well at strong safety last season. His play recognition is excellent and made more impact there. I don't know what to make of kazee but I think he is a better safety than corner. Who do you think Delpit replaces? 

Kazee. I agree that Kazee is a better safety than corner, but he loves to anticipate and winds up blowing coverages frequently. He's more quality backup material than a true starter at this point. If anything, I'd prefer some 3 safety looks to get him (and Neal if he's here) on the field - that and playing Neal at WILL some.

And while Morris will have more cover 2 looks, I think that makes Delpit even more of an asset. He has the range and patience for single high, but if he's covering only one side of the field he'll get even more INTs. His biggest weakness is his tackling and run support, but that's got people way down on him...like Eddie Jackson or Earl Thomas. And his tackling was fine last year. I think it's being overblown.

42 minutes ago, ShadyRef said:

You've been mentioning his name a lot. I don't follow college football much but is the play maker we've been needing at the safety position? In the championship game, the few times I noticed him was closer to the line of scrimmage. Which safety position do you think he is more suited for in our defense? 

Oh he can play every single back seven spot. Put him single high and let him use his range. Put him at SS in the box and disrupt runs or lock up TEs. Put him at CB/NCB and let him lock up WRs or blitz off the edge. He's a complete player who lacks a confident tackling approach. That's no different than Earl Thomas. 

4 hours ago, MattM12 said:

My take from his recent comments.

Sounds like a game-wrecker or two are coming in. 

One FA splash, one impact blue chip in the draft.

I'd start looking at FA DL players in that 8-12 per range, and expect a DT or DE in the first... Or the best SLB/CB 

Only thing is there are not a lot of FA DL to choose from, market will be high but I agree

Robert Quinn looks like he could be a beast into his mid thirties

5 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Kazee. I agree that Kazee is a better safety than corner, but he loves to anticipate and winds up blowing coverages frequently. He's more quality backup material than a true starter at this point. If anything, I'd prefer some 3 safety looks to get him (and Neal if he's here) on the field - that and playing Neal at WILL some.

And while Morris will have more cover 2 looks, I think that makes Delpit even more of an asset. He has the range and patience for single high, but if he's covering only one side of the field he'll get even more INTs. His biggest weakness is his tackling and run support, but that's got people way down on him...like Eddie Jackson or Earl Thomas. And his tackling was fine last year. I think it's being overblown.

All that plus Delpit was banged up most of season. So of course his tackling suffered.

Earl Thomas will not be going into HOF because of his tackling prowess. That’s not why Ed Reed is in there either.

To be honest I think we are missing the whole point here.

If your expecting guys to come in and be it your in for disappointment.Take Grady Jarrett for example prototypical game-wrecker don’t be surprised if he takes a down turn in production next year purely because of the fact he’ll be identified as a thee key guy for the Falcons upfront and will be looked after accordingly.This is where the others have to step up because of the attention shown to the mentioned.

The group is more important than the individuals within it.

For the most part there will be guys that have to do a job to release these “game-wreckers”if everyone’s not doing there job and players work individually forget about it.

This is where the coaching and talent must meet.We don’t need all pros in every position what we do need is a coherent plan though that exemplifies the Dan Quinn motto putting players into positions to succeed.

8 hours ago, MattM12 said:

My take from his recent comments.

Sounds like a game-wrecker or two are coming in. 

One FA splash, one impact blue chip in the draft.

I'd start looking at FA DL players in that 8-12 per range, and expect a DT or DE in the first... Or the best SLB/CB 

This is pretty much what I think will happen.

We will make some big splash in FA.

Someone mentioned Clowney and I think of the splashes.....he would be the splashiest.

He would check alot of the boxes....good (not great and tbh slightly disappointing) player who has name recognition and he is a regional local boy who openly pined for the Falcons to move up to draft him in 2014.

He helps on the field and he will help in the ticket sales.

And then I can see tbe Falcons doing what the Falcons do and move up several slots in the draft and getting their guy.

With that extra second I could see them moving the first, first second and a 4th and possibly a 2nd or 3rd next year to go up for a " game wrecker"

On 1/24/2020 at 0:59 AM, ATLFalcons11 said:

I personally think you guys are bugging on this one. I like the idea of looking for game changers instead of just role players like we always have.

I was not a fan of last year's offseasons. Hated the 4 OL pickup and ignoring the DL. But was told to chill. 

I understand how "game wreckers" sounds like another buzz word from this front office/coaching staff but this one seems different. I could be wrong but on the positive side on this one.

We didn't ignore the DL. We signed Davison, and brought Clay back in f.a. And drafted Comisky. 

19 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

We didn't ignore the DL. We signed Davison, and brought Clay back in f.a. And drafted Comisky. 

But if you don’t spend most money; see Vic, (AC/TD/Bailey), or a 1st it’s ignoring “insert every position other than that one here”

If anything they weren’t coached properly...

11 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

Sounds like another Arthur mandate. Get ready for the trading away all those picks to move up. Wish we could fire Arthur. He’s a terrible meddling owner. 

Another get me a popular draft pick to sell tickets move coming soon. PR draft pick to go with changing uniforms. 

Two flaws in TD's statement:

1) a team is more likely to find "gamewreckers" with more, not fewer, picks. The key to drafting is to give your team as many opportunities as possible to find talent. Regularly sacrificing the number of picks to gain when you pick only works if you're brilliant at identifying talent. TD is not. 

2) DQ's defensive scheme is built around keeping everything in front of you, fundamentally sound players are more important and "gamewreckers" are either underutilized or out of position. 

13 hours ago, Kaptain Krazy said:

Two flaws in TD's statement:

1) a team is more likely to find "gamewreckers" with more, not fewer, picks. The key to drafting is to give your team as many opportunities as possible to find talent. Regularly sacrificing the number of picks to gain when you pick only works if you're brilliant at identifying talent. TD is not. 

2) DQ's defensive scheme is built around keeping everything in front of you, fundamentally sound players are more important and "gamewreckers" are either underutilized or out of position. 

He might trade up. We don't know for sure.