Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jfalconsp

Dimitroff: Falcons Need More “Game-Wreckers” on Roster

We definitely need more playmakers.

But what we also need?  Competent players across the board.

Good coaches can put competent players in a position to succeed.  Bad coaches have to have better talent everywhere than the other team.

Even good coaches do far better with playmakers, but if you have a hole at LG and RG...doesn't matter too much.  Same at MLB/S/pass rush.

Go watch the video of Kelsey and TD on the Falcons app - it’s where this write up comes from. I got the feeling we could actually go for a high dollar signing which would be a departure from past years and also that we are going to be making a decent amount of cuts. Guess we’ll see. 

21 minutes ago, jfalconsp said:

Go watch the video of Kelsey and TD on the Falcons app - it’s where this write up comes from. I got the feeling we could actually go for a high dollar signing which would be a departure from past years and also that we are going to be making a decent amount of cuts. Guess we’ll see. 

If we do that, then we will make some cuts. That’ll mean we won’t have room to waste picks on trading up.  Ideally, I’d like a trade down depending on who is available but at minimum stay where we are. 

5 hours ago, jfalconsp said:

Clowney seems likely in that event.  While I don’t love him at 20 mill APY, he is a great player and adds many things we need

6 hours ago, jfalconsp said:

6 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

If we do that, then we will make some cuts. That’ll mean we won’t have room to waste picks on trading up.  Ideally, I’d like a trade down depending on who is available but at minimum stay where we are. 

44 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Clowney seems likely in that event.  While I don’t love him at 20 mill APY, he is a great player and adds many things we need

Plot twist we use our 1st to trade for a guy on another team :ninja: all in Rams amirite?

But seriously maybe we trade down from 16...take BPA on our board 5-10 spots lower? While landing a big FA and moving on from Hoop as the sacrifice.

I personally think you guys are bugging on this one. I like the idea of looking for game changers instead of just role players like we always have.

I was not a fan of last year's offseasons. Hated the 4 OL pickup and ignoring the DL. But was told to chill. 

I understand how "game wreckers" sounds like another buzz word from this front office/coaching staff but this one seems different. I could be wrong but on the positive side on this one.

10 hours ago, caponine said:

Hear this same crap every year , and nothing has changed at all. I dont see where the talent on defense is outside of Grady and Deion. Corners still aren't that good too me. OLB and DE are trash, if they dont hit this draft  and FA then this will tell me what I need to know about this team this season 

Funny I actually do but like @athell alluded to there getting wrecked by the dudes wearing headphones.How we finished like we did feels like a lightning bolt.

Am I confident it turns up next year I’m like :shrug:.

14 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

No Scott Pioli to help TD with the draft. TD has all the exotic words and AB's backing. So we aren't in CAP $$$ trouble??? ? So we want a SB Run? OK TD, DQ and the FO we'll see.

No Pioli worries me. Some of our best drafts came with him aboard. I’m hoping TD can prove me wrong. I have little faith of TD finding a pass rush after 12 yrs trying 

13 hours ago, vel said:

Grant Delpit. 

You've been mentioning his name a lot. I don't follow college football much but is the play maker we've been needing at the safety position? In the championship game, the few times I noticed him was closer to the line of scrimmage. Which safety position do you think he is more suited for in our defense?