TD Comments

Please checkout the interview just posted on youtube with Thomas Dimitroff on the Falcons official channel. 

To sum up something I noticed he said:

- DQ said that he "cant believe were talking so much about corners these days". TD told DQ hes "lost his ways", and that "the secondary is where its at". 

- when pass rush was brought up, he said there were some great pass rushers in the shrine game. Said that there was alot of great lass ruahers that dont have the big names. 

I dont mean to read too much, but it sure sounds like we are leaning CB in round 1. I love Kristian Fulton, but not enamored with the rest of the group. If its not fulton, it better be a pass rusher on the edge or IDL. 

41 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Please checkout the interview just posted on youtube with Thomas Dimitroff on the Falcons official channel. 

To sum up something I noticed he said:

- DQ said that he "cant believe were talking so much about corners these days". TD told DQ hes "lost his ways", and that "the secondary is where its at". 

- when pass rush was brought up, he said there were some great pass rushers in the shrine game. Said that there was alot of great lass ruahers that dont have the big names. 

I dont mean to read too much, but it sure sounds like we are leaning CB in round 1. I love Kristian Fulton, but not enamored with the rest of the group. If its not fulton, it better be a pass rusher on the edge or IDL. 

I think Dimi is smart enough not to give anything away about who we're looking at in this game.  But CB, LG, and edge rusher is definitely a position of need for us --- plus, I can see us interested in one of those big, fast WRs (to replace Sanu's role)... 

1 hour ago, KCFalcon22 said:

As a Gator fan I like Henderson, I haven't viewed much game film on Byrce Hall yet.  I really want Greenard from Florida or a OL from Wisconsin or Georgia.

Bryce Hall is gonna be a really great corner if he gets into a zone and press heavy scheme. Based off what we did the last half of 2019, he'd be a terrific fit here. Tons of confidence and loves to hit too. Can't play off man for **** though. 

33 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Bryce Hall is gonna be a really great corner if he gets into a zone and press heavy scheme. Based off what we did the last half of 2019, he'd be a terrific fit here. Tons of confidence and loves to hit too. Can't play off man for **** though. 

Good info, i'd love to see us draft CB's that play to our strength.  Hopefully we have been doing this...I actually think Henderson could play Safety.

36 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

It's kind of amazing how many press man corner's we've drafted over the last decade and then proceeded to play soft man/zone at a rate of total insanity.

15 minutes ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

It's kind of amazing how many press man corner's we've drafted over the last decade and then proceeded to play soft man/zone at a rate of total insanity.

This is true, but we did close this year out pressing or at least playing at the line. There is hope in that area anyway. We got to the qb more when this started.

1 hour ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

I think the biggest reason is Tru. He's best in off man and off zone, can't press at all and doesn't seem to like getting physical. And as our top CB...yeah. Dunno if anyone else has noticed, but our CBs look way better as a unit when Tru is out because we do more Cover 3 press and Cover 1 Robber, **** like that. Stuff that lets our guys get hands on the receivers to reroute and disrupt timing. Tru changes the whole mentality of the defense imho. Needs to be gone. His stock won't be higher than it is now either... big trade candidate imho.

19 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I think the biggest reason is Tru. He's best in off man and off zone, can't press at all and doesn't seem to like getting physical. And as our top CB...yeah. Dunno if anyone else has noticed, but our CBs look way better as a unit when Tru is out because we do more Cover 3 press and Cover 1 Robber, **** like that. Stuff that lets our guys get hands on the receivers to reroute and disrupt timing. Tru changes the whole mentality of the defense imho. Needs to be gone. His stock won't be higher than it is now either... big trade candidate imho.

i noticed this in our SB run in 2016 at times. The CB group played better colectively as a group, instea dof it looking like Tru and 3 guys who are playing in the wrong scheme. It wasnt 100% of the time, but i havent seen our CB group play GREAT since the 2016 SB run.