Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Osiruz

Kenneth Murray

33 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

The problem with both these statements is that we had just traded down and picked up Deion in the 2nd.  Yannick is great don't get me wrong, but after spending a 1st round pick the year before on Beasley, we signed Adrian Clayborn, Brooks Reed had just been signed a year prior and we still were paying Tyson Jackson, there were other needs.

Hindsight yeah we could have picked him and set us up for the future....but the way the roster was setup at the time...he wasn't needed due to players we have signed up to that point.

There’s not a “problem” with my statement, so to say, lol. I was big on Ngakoue before the draft even started; before anything with Debo was involved. I was simply highlighting a player with a lot of upside who didn’t have a big spotlight. 

39 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Look at his missed tackle numbers. Highest of any LB...only in 2nd round

True but he seems like an impact player, very similar to Devin Bush and White. He has great instincts which DC lacks. 

12 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I like Fowler, but he's getting close to 20mil annual after this year. That's become the going rate for a young stud edge rusher.

Not sure he’s getting Demarcus Lawrence type of cash but your probably right for him to fit someone would have to go that’s a jettison Tru Free Hooper type of decision.

Personally I think they’ll find a way to keep Hooper.

Free looks to be on borrowed time.

Tru I just don’t know.If he’s the first piece to go you best know DB is where there going first in the draft.

2 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

They actually have more money than us and will probably get more money once they restructure.  They could cut Ramsey and save almost 14 million in addition to and still have 64 and 96 million in following years to adjust cap space.  We don't have 68 million dollars for the next 2 seasons after 2020 lol.  I agree with you though...not likely we are big spenders in next few years, reload through draft.

They are not cutting Ramsey

5 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

That's easy to do he only had 3 sacks last season. Oh and it was a contract year. He will get over paid by someone and I hope it won't be the Falcons. 

He was double teamed the entire year basically, and still had some TFL. He's disruptive even when double-teamed. I don't want him on this roster, don't get me wrong, but he's a problem for opposing OL's, much more so than sack #s would indicate. He is going to get paid.

40 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

They are not cutting Ramsey

I know they aren't but I was implying it was an option that was there.  For the sake of argument, only because they owe him 14 million and could save that money "if" they decided to move on from him.  That's all.  Plus I believe a long term extension is in the works so that number more than likely will come down anyways.

3 hours ago, CTann said:

There’s not a “problem” with my statement, so to say, lol. I was big on Ngakoue before the draft even started; before anything with Debo was involved. I was simply highlighting a player with a lot of upside who didn’t have a big spotlight. 

I guess I didn't realize it would come across that way lol.  My only direction was that as we had targeted Jones and by the time 3rd rounder came around YN had already been taken there was just too much of a gap in between those two for us to have taken him with his current pick.

Again, he is a great player and would have helped us out dramatically in that area, but which player would you give up for him?  We could take him with our 2nd and miss out on Jones or trade up in the third and miss out on Hooper and possibly other players as well.  Or depending on where he's drafted we miss out on both.

1 hour ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

He was double teamed the entire year basically, and still had some TFL. He's disruptive even when double-teamed. I don't want him on this roster, don't get me wrong, but he's a problem for opposing OL's, much more so than sack #s would indicate. He is going to get paid.

He hasn't been double teamed for 6 years. Then he has JJ Watt on the other side. I get what you're saying though. He does have some value but not what he will get paid.

1 hour ago, mtldirtybird said:

pure PR though...like beasley but thinner

Ngakoue is a better and more consistent pass rusher than Beasley.

Ngakoue is also way more polished technique wise than Beasley despite being about the same size as him. Danielle Hunter is smaller than them weight wise at 240 lbs, but he just like Ngakoue are better pass rushers than Beasley.

7 hours ago, Cole World said:

I like K9 and I also like Robert Quinn.

A guy to keep your eye on in Rd 2-3 is Jordyn Brooks.  Bobby Wagner’s coach in college is Brooks current coach and sees lots of similarities.

Strengths

• Solid build and strong frame;
  • good coverage skills;
  • flies downhill;
  • endless motor and top of the charts in effort;
  • hip fluidity and quick change of direction skills are off the charts;
  • leader and awesome communicator;
  • high IQ;
  • pulls the trigger fast and blows up a play before it develops

Weaknesses

• Not long or rangey;
  • working through heavy traffic.

NFL Comparison: Bobby Wagner and Darius Leonard

Projection: Late 2nd to mid 3rd round

5 hours ago, Osiruz said:

True but he seems like an impact player, very similar to Devin Bush and White. He has great instincts which DC lacks. 

I like him, just not at 16...

and out of Epenesa, Delpit, Kinlaw, Murray...I’m picking him last...not saying they all are there at 16, just that I think we need help elsewhere...

And I still like Keanu moving to Will and I like Baun or someone else in2nd/3rd as a SAM...

I think we can get better value in the 1st

7 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

and out of Epenesa, Delpit, Kinlaw, Murray...I’m picking him last...not saying they all are there at 16, just that I think we need help elsewhere...

And I still like Keanu moving to Will and I like Baun or someone else in2nd/3rd as a SAM...

Keanu is not a will lb. Your will is typically your best coverage backer. Are you high? 

21 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Delpit may be a bust, and we have a log jam at DT. Neal also cant play ber, his body barely holds up as a SS. 

3 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

He hasn't been double teamed for 6 years. Then he has JJ Watt on the other side. I get what you're saying though. He does have some value but not what he will get paid.

I heard multiple times he was one of the most double-teamed DL's in the league...John Clayton said it multiple times this year, so maybe it was just this year he saw so much of it. Don't know how much or little that was the case with his former team, but from what I heard on the radio in Seattle he saw a grip of them.

1 hour ago, lju713 said:

Is Aaron Lynch contract up with the Bears. He is 6'6 270 and shouldn't cost us alot of $$. Draft K9 and a DT and the front is back to being fast and physical.

Bile production increasing.

2 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Keanu is not a will lb. Your will is typically your best coverage backer. Are you high? 

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Delpit may be a bust, and we have a log jam at DT. Neal also cant play ber, his body barely holds up as a SS. 

Don’t compare Neals coverage ability to other DBs/S...it must be compared to LBs...I think he would be good for us, but let’s say no, I still say we need DL help before a LB...

Have to be able rush QB with 4 in this league now

I don't know why Murray isn't talked about in a "higher" fashion.  I see the skills and production and think top 10 to 15 pick.  The few mocks I have seen have  him in the 20's.  He is a run and chase LB.  Looks like a super hero the way he is put together.  I'm not sure if he is 4.4 to 4.5 fast or if he is just a solid 4.65 guy.  Now days it seems the LBs teams go crazy over are guys like Devin Bush, Deion Jones, Roquan Smith, Luke Kuechly, etc.  So the guys that are 4.5 or faster.  4.6 for a LB now seems ordinary.

He does show up in game and is the kind of athlete you can rely on to make a play in space against a quick/elusive RB/WR.  I would like him as a backup plan at 16.  I think the number 1 realistic choice is Javon Kinlaw.  He is getting some attention at the Senior Bowl, but I think 16 is still a good spot for him.  Marlon Davidson I thought was a big strong-side end that wasn't going to be a big time pass rusher, but could anchor.  Turns out he is a legit 6'3'' and he is well over the 278 pounds he was listed at on Auburn's roster.  I think he may be a good pick, as well, but maybe a little lower than 16.