Should the Falcons keep Clayborne and Campbell?

Yes to Clayborn. He's proven, relatively cheap, and still good for 4-6 sacks a year. I think him, Davison and Means (assuming his Achilles is good) should be resigned. After that, we still should add a vet pass rusher or two in FA and then draft one or two high in the draft. Bailey, Beasley and Crawford are probably all gone. Senat is a mystery and Cominsky is relatively unknown. There's question marks on that DL and resigning/signing proven, effective players should be a priority. We can't just rely on the draft and a hope a rookie is putting up 16 sacks out the gate. It usually doesn't work that way. It's probably going to be a front seven heavy draft I bet with a safety and CB added mid to late rounds like we always do.

No to Campbell. Hasn't really improved all that much since '16 and I question his work ethic and desire.

21 hours ago, The Don™ said:

Yes to Clayborn. He's proven, relatively cheap, and still good for 4-6 sacks a year. I think him, Davison and Means (assuming his Achilles is good) should be resigned. After that, we still should add a vet pass rusher or two in FA and then draft one or two high in the draft. Bailey, Beasley and Crawford are probably all gone. Senat is a mystery and Cominsky is relatively unknown. There's question marks on that DL and resigning/signing proven, effective players should be a priority. We can't just rely on the draft and a hope a rookie is putting up 16 sacks out the gate. It usually doesn't work that way. It's probably going to be a front seven heavy draft I bet with a safety and CB added mid to late rounds like we always do.

No to Campbell. Hasn't really improved all that much since '16 and I question his work ethic and desire.

Summed up my thoughts

On 1/21/2020 at 5:22 PM, Francis York Morgan said:

Clay's a big yes. Best pass rusher last year imho

Big no to Campbell. Dude hasn't progressed at all and is part of the complacency issue.

Actually, Campbell has progressed every year with last season being his best. He piled up the tackles with 129, had two sacks, two int's, and 3 forced fumbles. He was not terrible, but like others on the defense, he was not doing well with communication. Not huge numbers, which tells me that he will not be getting a huge payday from another team. This could be like Tevin Coleman, where we all that it was going to cost too much to keep him, but in actuality, he can be signed for far less than anticipated.

As for Clayborn, he wasn't as good as before he left for NE, but he was better than he was with NE. He won't cost much to keep but can be replaced.

Edited by 4dabirds

5 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

Actually, Campbell has progressed every year with last season being his best. He piled up the tackles with 129, had two sacks, two int's, and 3 forced fumbles. He was not terrible, but like others on the defense, he was not doing well with communication.

Numbers lie. He hasn't gotten much better from the eye test imho, and he admitted to not taking the Browns seriously. Like Tru running away from Chubbs on the long TD...complacency kills. So get rid of it.

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Numbers lie. He hasn't gotten much better from the eye test imho, and he admitted to not taking the Browns seriously. Like Tru running away from Chubbs on the long TD...complacency kills. So get rid of it.

No, the numbers do not lie. Also, the "Eye Test" clearly showed that he played better than he did in 2018. If anything he's learned to do his job better. I'm not advocating to keep the guy, because his production can be replaced with this years draft, and likely will be.

Definitely yes to Clayborn. Give me Clayborn, Matt Judon, and re-sign Hooper and Davison. 

Let Campbell go as well as Freeman (Post June 1st cut). Trufant is up in the air. Beasley also up in the air depending on if he’d take $3M at most or not. Keep Mack for at least 1 more year but have his replacement on this year’s team.