Jerry Jeudy @16 Yay or Nay

kenn.junior

Guys I have a question if somehow Jerry Jeudy falls to us at 16 would any of you be mad if we take him? I know its crazy but to have Alabama U at WR with Julio, Ridley, and Jeudy would be freaking wild. Not going to lie I kinda would like to see it we definitely would have our 2 primary WRs for the future with Gage being the future 3. 

Edited by kenn.junior

I'm a bpa guy, but you can't bpa all day and resign guys like Julio to 2nd and 3rd contracts and keep drafting first round WR. The value is thrown in the trash can.  So with our current GM who is not going to trade Julio or Ridley then another wr is a waste of resources. 

Build the lines or watch football on the couch in January.

10 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

**** no. Jmho but he isn't even a top 3 OT in this class to me.

This is a great year for having 2 second rounders btw...tons of guys who are late 1st talent that'll be there.

We will agree to disagree on Thomas.  He is a future All Pro IMO.  

You’re right about the 2nd round picks being a good thing.  To me  the value of this draft is in the second and third round. I wouldn’t be adverse to dropping back a bit in the first to add an additional second or third round pick

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

We will agree to disagree on Thomas.  He is a future All Pro IMO.  

You’re right about the 2nd round picks being a good thing.  To me  the value of this draft is in the second and third round. I wouldn’t be adverse to dropping back a bit in the first to add an additional second or third round pick

I agree.  If the best available player is a WR or QB, then trade back and get someone else, plus a second or 3rd round draft pick. 

Do it TD.  Surprise everyone. 

LOL....could you imagine being a GM for another team, and TD calls you about trading down, rather than up in the first?....LOL. 

1 hour ago, vel said:

Lol I was going to say the same thing. All the "BPA ALL DAY!!!!" guys would be pissed yet this is what they preach. Even QBs right? 

I'm Mr. BPA Guy but I also categorize by position of need.  Meaning, no 1st round QBs (absent an Aaron Rodgers scenario, which is highly unlikely), and at this point no 1st round WRs.  I'm against taking RBs in the 1st on principle.  Basically anything else is open.  TE, OL, DL, DB, LB -- any of those, take the best guy that falls to you.

Where I criticize Dimitroff is he always reaches for THE position of need (as he and probably Blank sees it), ignoring that we always have multiple positions of need.  To me, you get players and fill gaps in FA.  But we don't.

20 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I'm Mr. BPA Guy but I also categorize by position of need.  Meaning, no 1st round QBs (absent an Aaron Rodgers scenario, which is highly unlikely), and at this point no 1st round WRs.  I'm against taking RBs in the 1st on principle.  Basically anything else is open.  TE, OL, DL, DB, LB -- any of those, take the best guy that falls to you.

Where I criticize Dimitroff is he always reaches for THE position of need (as he and probably Blank sees it), ignoring that we always have multiple positions of need.  To me, you get players and fill gaps in FA.  But we don't.

I agree. TD positions the roster with FA pick ups to be in a solid position during the draft, but he doesn't utilize that flexibility fully sometimes.