Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think the Falcons will keep Vic Beasley?

57 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

For a dirt cheap price ($6 to $7 million a season) maybe.

Maybe.

For more than that?  @FalconFanSince1970 can drive him to the state line.

but he's actually FROM here, I'd be ok with letting him go back to Adairsville and live in mama's basement, like some of the poster here

:ninja::lol:

PS: in their OWN mom's basement, not necessarily Vic's mom's basement. Figured I better clear that up for some of them, just in case try to think it through too hard

:mmmhmm:

1 hour ago, vel said:

They'll try because he's "their guy". Would I? No. Not in the slightest. He's not good for the locker room. When you constantly pay under achievers, it's a beacon to what's acceptable and what's not. 

I hope you're wrong.  I am not confident you are wrong, but I hope you are.

If they didn't learn this is a guy to cut bait with this season, I don't know what it will take.  I've had enough John Koncak and Nick Esasky deals to last me a lifetime.

22 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

I hope you're wrong.  I am not confident you are wrong, but I hope you are.

If they didn't learn this is a guy to cut bait with this season, I don't know what it will take.  I've had enough John Koncak and Nick Esasky deals to last me a lifetime.

Lol we can all hope but you know what I said makes so much sense and sounds exactly how they'd try and justify it. "He had 9 sacks last year. We learned somethings about ourselves and how to use him effectively and see a bright future for him going forward." 

While letting Hooper walk...

I have no idea if they will, but I really hope they don’t.  Can use that money for people who are actually good instead of people who could be good if they wanted but choose not to be.

I'd cut him. We need to free up cap space. Not only to replace him, but a few other players. I think buddy is more of a 3-4 guy and would do better on a real 3-4 team run by somebody like Wade or Tomlin. He'd probably be near double digits every year. Not under Quinn however. Won't be shocked if he gets a lifetime brotherhood deal though.

Really think we can get Beasley type production out of Cominsky and Larkin. Both of em showed some signs. Also believe we need to make a FA splash. Ngakoue for me. Kinda weak in the run game but has a high edge rushing ceiling. Sign him and draft an edge setter with some pass rushing skills and we're set at DE with Takk coming back.

papachaz likes this

nope, he'll get his money somewhere else and have crazy sack numbers - it's the curse of the franchise 

Hopefully either he accepts a lowball to stay, or he gets such a huge offer somewhere else that it won’t tempt DQ and TD to match (and we get a nice healthy comp pick in return).  I’m ok with either of these.

HouseofEuphoria likes this