Jump to content

What I think DQ and TD do in the 1st round.


Recommended Posts

IMPORTANT NOTE: This isn't what I WANT, but rather what I THINK DQ and TD will do come draft night. 

 

1) K'Lavon Chaisson EDGE/SLB LSU - I think Foye will play WLB and 2nd LB with DeBo on nickel downs. He's a menace off the edge, and is plus in coverage, so he could be a nice chess piece that can play all 3 downs.

!TRADE! - Many will be against this(including me), but I think this is what TD will do. Package both 2nds or 2nd and 3rd(maybe another late pick) to move up back in 1st. 

1) Kristian Fulton CB LSU - the best CB in the draft IMO. I expect him to go in the early-mid 20s. Great long term CB1 with great length and speed. Specializes in press man coverage. 

OR

1) Tyler Biadasz C Wisconsin - we get our C if the future, and a LG until Mack is off the team. 

 

Like I said, this isn't what I want to happen, this is what I think will happen.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, caponine said:

So we trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick for someone that's not even gonna help us this year ?? Yeah that sounds like them alright 

Fulton or Biadasz would start probably week 1. Fulton at least by mid season. Fulton would give us Oliver and him as the CB1 and CB2 for the future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, arrogantBEAST said:

So you are saying Trufant is gone? Tru had a pretty good bounce back year. 

Not this off-season. Either next year, or year after. That's why it would be nice to have his replacement while he's still on the team so we don't put so much pressure on a rookie to perform right away. Also not fiscally possible to get rid of Tru thisbyear. He also had a great year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Biadasz is a good player but I don't think TD nor Quinn are even thinking about anything pass 2020. Spending the first pick on a guy to be a "future" replacement for Mack might be out of the question. I mean maybe he can play LG right away but who knows? I sincerely hope they go after a pass rusher before anything or Dline in general.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Not this off-season. Either next year, or year after. That's why it would be nice to have his replacement while he's still on the team so we don't put so much pressure on a rookie to perform right away. Also not fiscally possible to get rid of Tru thisbyear. He also had a great year. 

His replacement is on the team though. Sheffield had a helluva rookie year. He caught on very quick. Quicker than Oliver. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, arrogantBEAST said:

His replacement is on the team though. Sheffield had a helluva rookie year. He caught on very quick. Quicker than Oliver. 

He is great, but I think his most potential is in the nickel, where he can really show off his speed and quickness. That means we need another outside CB to pair with the emerging Oliver. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Biadasz is a good player but I don't think TD nor Quinn are even thinking about anything pass 2020. Spending the first pick on a guy to be a "future" replacement for Mack might be out of the question. I mean maybe he can play LG right away but who knows? I sincerely hope they go after a pass rusher before anything or Dline in general.

You've hit on something here that will definitely impact our draft.

Dude's aren't guaranteed a job after '20. 

Better choose wisely...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Like....

What ridiculous decisions haven't they made in the last few years ?? Kept Vic Beasley , bringing DK back, giving quinn too much responsibility,  Still haven't drafted a premier rusher , LB or DE, continue to take these small quick players that have no moves, Let Bruce Irvin go for Vic, I'll still say paying Freeman that amount of money,  going back to 2010 this team has been trying to become a pass team when they weren't at all. They could have addressed the O Line in 2010 and 2011. But instead decided otherwise. Letting Coleman walk, still think him and Freeman would have been way more efficient than Free/Ito and Hill. Signing Steven Jackson at 31. Wasted certain drafts flat out.  Between 2011 and 2015. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...