Falcons 2020 Draft Targets

FalconsIn2012

Let’s pin a thread for the forum as a whole to post analysis on players we should target in the 2020 draft.  I like digging into smaller schools.  One guy that has caught my eye is Alex Hightower.  I love walk on to All American stories.

Hightower will rise on draft boards but I would love to see him in FB next year.  Dude is an absolute demon off the edge.  Quickest first step in the draft IMO.  Had 47 tackles, 22TFL and 15 sacks this year.  

Some high praise after they played Clemson.  Tigers left tackle Jackson Carman said the former walk-on was "by far the fastest off the ball" of any player he's ever faced.

Another guy I would love is Chazz Surratt.  Not as famous as his younger brother, but Chazz could be a steal.  He is still raw vs the run, but his years as a QB give him next level understanding of route concepts.  Could be our replacement for Dre.  

It’s not often you can draft a 2,000 yard passer and 100 tackle LB in the same package, but that’s what you get here.  In his only year playing defense, Chazz dominated and will only get better.  Huge upside.  Had 115 tackles, 15 TFL & 7 sacks and got better each and every week. An ideal off ball linebacker for us.  This is a great 4 minute video on his transformation from QB to LB.  

I'll just post highlight reels of my top 5 draft crushes we could realistically get rn.

5) James Lynch, DE/DT, Baylor (6'5, 295)

4) Matt Hennessy, C, Temple (6'4, 295)

((can't find highlights for many offensive linemen, let alone a mid round guy, so a game cutup will have to do - he's at center))

3) Antoine Winfield Jr, FS, Minnesota (5'10, 205)

2) Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (6'1, 200)

1) K'Lavon Chaisson, DE/OLB, LSU (6'4, 250)

16 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

A pinned thread isn't going to prevent attention whore's from starting 1,000 threads :lol::lol:. But this is my pick for a RB if they were to draft one. He's the only one I would add to the roster

I love that dude as well.  His Bama tape is simply unreal.  Taylor I’d round two is great value as well.

But one guy I’m curious about is McFarland Jr.  Watch his speed.  It’s uncommon.  He literally makes Ohio State look slow.  5’9, 200 lbs and once ran a 4.29 40

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I love that dude as well.  His Bama tape is simply unreal.  Taylor I’d round two is great value as well.

But one guy I’m curious about is McFarland Jr.  Watch his speed.  It’s uncommon.  He literally makes Ohio State look slow

Home run hitter. i'd have to look at more of him. We saw the same with Coleman when he was drafted. Every highlight was him literally burning the defense in every clip. Dam those jerseys and helmets are putrid 

57 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

((can't find highlights for many offensive linemen, let alone a mid round guy, so a game cutup will have to do - he's at center))

Matt Hennessy is one of my favorites as well. He's got size and movement that you need at C and he looks good doing it. I wouldn't mind one bit if he ends up a Falcon. 

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Home run hitter. i'd have to look at more of him. We saw the same with Coleman when he was drafted. Every highlight was him literally burning the defense in every clip. Dam those jerseys and helmets are putrid 

True...McFarland isn’t an every down back.  But we need a guy that can run a 4.34 40

We're pretty much near BPA on defense, but OLB and DL are without a doubt the biggest needs for the defense. 

1. Isiah Simmons

2. Derrick Brown

3. AJ Epenesa

4. JD Kinlow

5. Yetur Gross-Matos

This is a very deep draft for linebackers, and with two 2nd round picks we should be able to get at least one who can contribute early. Epenesa is the flashy pick and I would love for us to pick him up, but Derrick Brown next to Grady Jarrett would be daunting. 

8 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I'll just post highlight reels of my top 5 draft crushes we could realistically get rn.

5) James Lynch, DE/DT, Baylor (6'5, 295)

3) Antoine Winfield Jr, FS, Minnesota (5'10, 205)

2) Bryce Hall, CB, Virginia (6'1, 200)

1) K'Lavon Chaisson, DE/OLB, LSU (6'4, 250)

I'm liking me some James Lynch.