Some of you may have been right

caponine

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

Revis has zero reason to even be trying to call Sherman out. If he was still playing today then have at it. His career was cut short because he became a washed up corner before the age of 30. Sherman is 31 and still playing at a high level. Sherman shouldn’t even entertain it

It's what he addressed last week, people think he is good only because he is in cover 2 or 3 and a zone defense. 

1 minute ago, caponine said:

It's what he addressed last week, people think he is good only because he is in cover 2 or 3 and a zone defense. 

Asante Samuel and Champ Bailey thrived in zone defenses too. He shouldn’t care what people think. He’s still performing. That’s all that should matter to him

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Asante Samuel and Champ Bailey thrived in zone defenses too. He shouldn’t care what people think. He’s still performing. That’s all that should matter to him

Agreed with this , I think SF zone defense is better than Titans zone. So I dont think he'll need to cover anyone exclusively anyway 

Eh I'd take Revis in his prime over Sherman. It's easier to get picks when in zone and you dont have to worry about covering a man all over the field.

Not taking anything from Sherman but he could not play Revis' style. Revis should chill though the man is on his way to the super bowl again.

29 minutes ago, caponine said:

It IS why he’s good. Revis ain’t lying. He’s a cover 3 corner like I’ve been saying FOREVER right here on this board. And that’s ok. Be great at cover 3 zone. That’s why I was telling everybody about the roddy play. I SPECIFICALLY said Sherman didn’t follow roddy inside so you know it wasn’t man to man. That’s why it was the fs’s fault. Cause roddy attacked the SEAM. The weakness of cover 3. Now if sherm traveled with roddy and got right in his Face everybody that disagreed with me would he right. But like I said you can’t ignore the principles of cover 3 just because you don’t like Sherman. It’s zone. And the seam isn’t his zone. He was there for help underneath but the safety had that responsibility. Cover 3 is single high safety. That’s why the FS covers the seam in the middle 3rd. The LCB covers the left sideline. The RCB covers the right sideline. 3rd’s. Roddy attacked the middle what? 3rd. Don’t get me wrong I like sherm. But again he’s a great COVER 3 corner. Not a man to man corner. He wasn’t in man with roddy. Roddy was not in his zone. He was in earls zone. But earl bit on something else and sherm had to do his best to run it out. If I had to choose I’d go revis all day long. As everybody knows I LOVE man to man corners. Sherm is not a man corner. 

20 minutes ago, caponine said:

Nobody plays exclusively man anymore. If you do , you will get burned. That's the style he played in but it's different today 

That’s false. There are guys that stay man a follow the teams top guy. Gilmore is one of those corners as well as Peterson and Rhodes and Lattimore. It depends on your defensive philosophy. The cowboys are a man to man defense. Saints, cardinals, patriots, vikes and a few more. Everybody plays zone but what is the PRIMARY coverage is the question. We play man to man but our PRIMARY coverage is cover 3. The saints play zone at times but their PRIMARY coverage is cover 1. Man to man. You don’t draft Lattimore and play zone primarily. 

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

That’s false. There are guys that stay man a follow the teams top guy. Gilmore is one of those corners as well as Peterson and Rhodes and Lattimore. 

And almosy all of those guys get burned consistently.  Gilmore got cooked against the dolphins and the last few weeks of the season. Rhodes took a huge step backwards , gave up catches at an alarming rate.  Marshon is probably the best out of the 4 at MC. Everytime he came out that's when the big plays happened.. if he is in that game, Thielen doesnt catch that final pass 

5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It IS why he’s good. Revis ain’t lying. He’s a cover 3 corner like I’ve been saying FOREVER right here on this board. And that’s ok. Be great at cover 3 zone. That’s why I was telling everybody about the roddy play. I SPECIFICALLY said Sherman didn’t follow roddy inside so you know it wasn’t man to man. That’s why it was the fs’s fault. Cause roddy attacked the SEAM. The weakness of cover 3. Now if sherm traveled with roddy and got right in his Face everybody that disagreed with me would he right. But like I said you can’t ignore the principles of cover 3 just because you don’t like Sherman. It’s zone. And the seam isn’t his zone. He was there for help underneath but the safety had that responsibility. Cover 3 is single high safety. That’s why the FS covers the seam in the middle 3rd. The LCB covers the left sideline. The RCB covers the right sideline. 3rd’s. Roddy attacked the middle what? 3rd. Don’t get me wrong I like sherm. But again he’s a great COVER 3 corner. Not a man to man corner. He wasn’t in man with roddy. Roddy was not in his zone. He was in earls zone. But earl bit on something else and sherm had to do his best to run it out. If I had to choose I’d go revis all day long. As everybody knows I LOVE man to man corners. Sherm is not a man corner. 

No doubt, Sherman is more of a zone defender and is at his best with a dominant front four. Just like Seattle 

5 minutes ago, caponine said:

And almosy all of those guys get burned consistently.  Gilmore got cooked against the dolphins and the last few weeks of the season. Rhodes took a huge step backwards , gave up catches at an alarming rate.  Marshon is probably the best out of the 4 at MC. Everytime he came out that's when the big plays happened.. if he is in that game, Thielen doesnt catch that final pass 

Lattimore got toasted a lot this year too. Thielen can still make that play.

40 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Revis has zero reason to even be trying to call Sherman out. If he was still playing today then have at it. His career was cut short because he became a washed up corner before the age of 30. Sherman is 31 and still playing at a high level. Sherman shouldn’t even entertain it

Sherm still doing it after a major injury.. Revis just looking for attention at this point.. More respect for Sherm

47 minutes ago, caponine said:

And almosy all of those guys get burned consistently.  Gilmore got cooked against the dolphins and the last few weeks of the season. Rhodes took a huge step backwards , gave up catches at an alarming rate.  Marshon is probably the best out of the 4 at MC. Everytime he came out that's when the big plays happened..

They all get beat they are playing the most athletic players on the field. Doesnt matter if its zone or man. The traits to play man are harder to find. Look at oliver he has improved.  Teams were worried he couldn't play zone.

Edited by red falcon

28 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Absolutely. Sherm is a beast in cover 3. That’s why it made absolute sense for Kyle to go get sherm cause he installed a 4-3 cover 3 defense just like in Seattle and atlanta. 

Most of his career he played a trail technique with a safety over the top , is that right ??