Should AB have found a way to Keep Shanny at all costs after 2016

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Of course he will brother. 

But any fair assessment of Shanny reveals a man (love him or despise him) who is a man whose clearly dedicated himself to the game of football.

His game planning & schemes are on par with the best the game has to offer.

If you’re unwilling to realize this, then you’re likely to be his next victim.

He learned his lesson from our SB appearance obviously. Just ask GB. He probably had tons of plays at the ready, but elected to run the ball on GB because it couldn’t be stopped. 

Some folks just have personalities that we don't really understand or refuse to accept.  But I’m amazed at how often I learn from those who have dedications or gifts that I couldn’t comprehend initially.

He took Atlanta to the big dance & just transformed SF & took them as well. It ain’t luck.

End novel lmao//

You're exactly right and understand KS.. Most of these others guys here just dont get it

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You’re not going to keep a man that’s offered a HC job unless his last name is McDaniels. He’s gone. You guys gotta move on. 

What kind of look does that set for the franchise? You don't fire a coach that just went to the super bowl?

Took the words right off my fingers. I’m starting to hope San Fran gets blown out in the SB so these threads completely die

Posted Images

1 minute ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Of course he will brother. 

But any fair assessment of Shanny reveals a man (love him or despise him) who is a man whose clearly dedicated himself to the game of football.

His game planning & schemes are on par with the best the game has to offer.

If you’re unwilling to realize this, then you’re likely to be his next victim.

He learned his lesson from our SB appearance obviously. Just ask GB. He probably had tons of plays at the ready, but elected to run the ball on GB because it couldn’t be stopped. 

Some folks just have personalities that we don't really understand or refuse to accept.  But I’m amazed at how often I learn from those who have dedications or gifts that I couldn’t comprehend initially.

He took Atlanta to the big dance & just transformed SF & took them as well. It ain’t luck.

End novel lmao//

It also helps that they got those early draft picks 3 years in a row. 

16 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

This is silly. Shanahan is an amazing OC. Really, really good. But he isn’t doing anything other OCs can’t do. We beat him this year. With our sorry defense and our supposedly sub-par OC. Whipped him. 

Shanahan without that defense is meh. It’s all symbiotic. It works together. He’s apparently also a really, really good HC because he has spent several seasons building that defense. 

We need better defensive performance. We need more balance on offense. And yes, I prefer what Shanahan does to what Koetter does. But you don’t win with just a great offense, and you can win without Boy Wonder. 

He’s really, really good. But it’s still just football. 

Exactly.

He is a good coach but people act he walks on water.

The fact is 5 of the last 7 years as a play caller his offenses have been in bottom half of the nfl in scoring.

If you go back even further it is just as bad....he just had a healthy RG3 to out run everyone that one year.

It has been pointed out by me and others that his record prior to this year was 10-22 and had they not had this type of year then there is a legit shot that he would have been fired.

6 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You're exactly right and understand KS.. Most of these others guys here just dont get it

It’s hard to when we lost such a tough one but Shanny is a human being too. He knew that the other team was expecting run so he chose to do otherwise. It was his gamesmanship that caused him to do the opposite. It doesn’t erase the blunder but the holding & sack weren’t necessarily his fault either.  We wouldn’t have gotten there without him anyways. 

5 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

It also helps that they got those early draft picks 3 years in a row. 

And they nailed em.  Credit to both he and the ex buc GM I guess.

5 hours ago, The Smart One said:

I know it would have been tough but you find a way to keep your most talented minds no matter what. Shanny’s back in the Super Bowl and we have Sherman a former Quinn player in Seattle calling Shanny the greatest football mind he’s ever met. 

He should've fired DQ and promoted Shanny to head coach. But only a crystal ball would've told him that.

Apparently, if crystal balls exist, even AB can't afford one.

16 minutes ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

He should've fired DQ and promoted Shanny to head coach. But only a crystal ball would've told him that.

Apparently, if crystal balls exist, even AB can't afford one.

Oh yes, Falcons would have become an even bigger laughing stock for firing their HC for losing the SB and being the first team to do so. That would have been nice to add to the long list of dubious records. It would have also made it absolutely impossible to get any good coaches or players to come here because making it to the SB is considered not enough to keep from getting fired.

Edited by AUTiger7222

It's moronic to think the Falcons would fire DQ for KS for all the reasons mentioned.

Just have to chalk it up to bad bad typical Falcons luck. One coaching hire away from KS if you wanted him. And here is is back in the SB using that Falcons experience as a learning moment to give the niners another Superbowl smh

4 hours ago, sandtrap said:

You say things like this now but had we fired Quinn and promoted KS after the sb everyone would’ve been up in arms. 

Who cares what the board thinks. Look I get it. Blank obviously didn’t think outside the box. The question is should he have. I don’t think it’s a ridiculous view point to think that Blank should have known who his best people were.  

9 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

It did? Explain....because the Bucs are easily one of the worst franchises of the last 15 years 

I meant when they fired Lovie and hired Koetter, they had no issue replacing Koetter, so it makes no sense that no coach will want to come here. Coaches will come here to get paid regardless. 

11 hours ago, Ohio Dirty Bird said:

No you just cant .   im sorry when Julio Jones caught that sideline catch to win the SB and the Falcons were in FG range and then you decide to go in a shotgun  pass instead of rush the ball 3 times your not getting a promotion. 

He was the sole reason for our success that year. Defense was atrocious until we went to the playoffs. He pretty much had to get us there by outscoring our porous defense. 

It would have been difficult to keep Shanahan and stand in the way of him pursuing head coaching opportunities. Firing DQ after a super bowl appearance again would have been extremely harsh.

I think the biggest error was letting the likes of Matt & Mike LaFleur, Mike McDaniels and Bobby Turner leave. Kyle gutted our offensive staff and we let it happen.

2 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

It would have been difficult to keep Shanahan and stand in the way of him pursuing head coaching opportunities. Firing DQ after a super bowl appearance again would have been extremely harsh.

I think the biggest error was letting the likes of Matt & Mike LaFleur, Mike McDaniels and Bobby Turner leave. Kyle gutted our offensive staff and we let it happen.

That usually happens when coordinators get head coaching jobs. They take their guys with them. Those guys aren't locked to the HC. In some cases I would assume the HC doesn't even know who those guys are until they come in with the coordinator unless they are already well established around the league like Kris Richard for example. You can block the move but I can't think of it happening as often. Then again I'm not looking for those articles every year either. . 

3 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Were you one of those that were calling for his head year one? 

I'm almost certain at least 85% of the people claiming they would trade multiple draft picks to get him back, etc... are the same ones that said fire him after year one and not to let him on the plane after the super bowl debacle. They can lie about it all day because not many will go back and dig up posts. 

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

That usually happens when coordinators get head coaching jobs. They take their guys with them. Those guys aren't locked to the HC. In some cases I would assume the HC doesn't even know who those guys are until they come in with the coordinator unless they are already well established around the league like Kris Richard for example. You can block the move but I can't think of it happening as often. Then again I'm not looking for those articles every year either. . 

It does happen for sure, Kyle Shanahan himself stopped Mike LaFleur going for a promotion with the Packers last year (to work with his brother).

7 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

It does happen for sure, Kyle Shanahan himself stopped Mike LaFleur going for a promotion with the Packers last year (to work with his brother).

What i'm saying is it doesn't happen that often(to my knowledge). I guarantee you the only reason it became news was because of the names attached lol. if Quinn blocked Dave Brock we would either hear it one time and it went away like it never happened or we wouldn't hear about it at all. 

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

What i'm saying is it doesn't happen that often(to my knowledge). I guarantee you the only reason it became news was because of the names attached lol. if Quinn blocked Dave Brock we would either hear it one time and it went away like it never happened or we wouldn't hear about it at all. 

No I get that, but we're hearing about the names now. So in retrospect and with the benefit of hindsight we let some very talented coaches go. Hopefully we do a better job of keeping and promoting from within whenever we have talented junior coaches in the future. Maybe we're seeing that already with Jeff Ulbrich as one example.