#CoachingMatters

FalconsIn2012

21 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Gotcha, so the historical data of what Koetter did in TB , while picking his own groceries hold no weight? ?His historical proof that he is terrible at scoring points but master of empty yards means that we need to just let him run his scheme? Go look at his years in TB. Look at his year here. 

And to suggest Koetter isnt running his scheme here?. I see, yet another TAFT'er who doesnt understand football.

Other than the one single solitary TE throwback play, have you seen a single play that looks anything like a WCO, or a Kyle/Sark based offense? Have you looked at YAC of ATL and YAC of a WCO offense team? They are significantly different. Koetter is near the bottom of the league in YAC while the WCO teams are all at the top. That is scheme based. Have you looked at snaps from under-center and shotgun of WCO offenses vs what ATL is doing? They are significantly different. ATL runs a disproportionate amount of shotgun. Did you not see we moved away from lighter quick Oline and brought in fatties? Did you not read that we moved to a steps based patterns versus yards based? Have you looked at avg completed yards per catch? Matt was tied for 6th in the NFL. The WCO offenses like GB, LAR and SF all were an entire yard plus shorter. Direct relationship between timing short patterns of WCO and longer "air coryell" patterns that we ran. 

No I know you haven't looked at any data. I know you don't understand scheme because you've proved it. You can keep believing " we are running the Kyle/Sark" play book but we are not. It is 2 totally different schemes and different philosophies. Fans and TAFTers think that because DQ said so, it must be true but completely ignore the fact that DQ admitted what he says to the public and media are mostly lies and that what he says to the team is different.

Week 16 the offense had much more of this, under center more, play action, screens to RBs instead of WRs, got Free in space, had some outside zone runs.  It was very strange because nothing else looked like it all year (Week 8 for Schaub we saw some here and there), I just don’t know why it was one game, got @FalconsIn2012@Schwarzwald and my hopes up that maybe it was going to change, then Week 17 it all came crashing back down to the normal, boring scheme.

9 minutes ago, Rings said:

Week 16 the offense had much more of this, under center more, play action, screens to RBs instead of WRs, got Free in space, had some outside zone runs.  It was very strange because nothing else looked like it all year (Week 8 for Schaub we saw some here and there), I just don’t know why it was one game, got @FalconsIn2012@Schwarzwald and my hopes up that maybe it was going to change, then Week 17 it all came crashing back down to the normal, boring scheme.

I wonder if it's possible they wanted to keep it under wraps after AB secured their jobs...that's just the conspiracy theorist talking though. All I know is this - get some kind of cohesive identity and this offense (and team) will be better for it.

4 hours ago, Rings said:

3 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I wonder if it's possible they wanted to keep it under wraps after AB secured their jobs...that's just the conspiracy theorist talking though. All I know is this - get some kind of cohesive identity and this offense (and team) will be better for it.

This is exactly what I’m wondering...

THEORY TIME KIDS LEAVE:

Quinn to the offensive staff after the turnaround “We saved everyones jobs by the defense changing but this offense got worse...I will keep you guys on but we got to try out more of what worked the last 4 years. You looked at all the film and tried to pick your flavors of the past offense...now it’s time to try the real thing because we need more of that which fits our personnel...sorry Mike but it looks like the run game factor isn’t gonna line up after the season...we can talk more in that later. First up let’s put it in a game.”

Week 16 comes and we face an AFC team after jobs are secure...formations and play designs look an awful lot more like Kyle and even Sark, etc

“Ok that’s enough...review it and fine tune a clear vision for next year...”

After the season, Mularkey just peace outs as next year we are going back to pure zone concepts without much gap/power focus, but will keep those wrinkles. Kyle/Sark’s pass and run game marriage is back after failing to marry Dirk/Mularkey...instead of 15-18 being wrinkled into Koetter’s offense...he now must wrinkle some of his things into what we ran the last 4 years...

:ninja: removes tin foil hat... :ninja:

meh that’s my .02

3 hours ago, Schwarzwald said:

This is exactly what I’m wondering...

THEORY TIME KIDS LEAVE:

Quinn to the offensive staff after the turnaround “We saved everyones jobs by the defense changing but this offense got worse...I will keep you guys on but we got to try out more of what worked the last 4 years. You looked at all the film and tried to pick your flavors of the past offense...now it’s time to try the real thing because we need more of that which fits our personnel...sorry Mike but it looks like the run game factor isn’t gonna line up after the season...we can talk more in that later. First up let’s put it in a game.”

Week 16 comes and we face an AFC team after jobs are secure...formations and play designs look an awful lot more like Kyle and even Sark, etc

“Ok that’s enough...review it and fine tune a clear vision for next year...”

After the season, Mularkey just peace outs as next year we are going back to pure zone concepts without much gap/power focus, but will keep those wrinkles. Kyle/Sark’s pass and run game marriage is back after failing to marry Dirk/Mularkey...instead of 15-18 being wrinkled into Koetter’s offense...he now must wrinkle some of his things into what we ran the last 4 years...

:ninja: removes tin foil hat... :ninja:

meh that’s my .02

I’m holding on to some version of that being the truth, just to be optimistic for the offense next year.

On 1/22/2020 at 2:30 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Didn’t want either guy this one of many issues I’ve had with our HCs off field decisions made especially on the coaching front.

Hiring a guy with 0 Pro OC experience after an off season with the team is a fireable offense and asking him to run a complex scheme like it was is just mad.

Then hiring a guy that doesn’t have aWCO bone in his body is a HC whose throwing darts in the dark.

This is why.

And this is the horse manure that’s been killing the Falcons the last 3 seasons.

Game planning and strategy we’ve been farken clueless.Talent a plenty but ruined by morons who masquerade as coaches.

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is why.

And this is the horse manure that’s been killing the Falcons the last 3 seasons.

Game planning and strategy we’ve been farken clueless.Talent a plenty but ruined by morons who masquerade as coaches.

On that Sanu rub play, look how long it took Ryan to hit Sanu. If he hits him earlier, it's a TD.

5 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

This is why.

This was one of the best break down of film I've seen this year.

Dan Quinn sucks!!! Sucks mule's balls.

9 hours ago, Flying Falcon said:

On that Sanu rub play, look how long it took Ryan to hit Sanu. If he hits him earlier, it's a TD.

Only way I can see it is he’s going through progressions.But as Kollman said why we didn’t have Julio attacking thee other seam to hold the safety is the real issue.

Instead Ryan has to force the ball in there almost getting Sanu KOed.

#clueless

14 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Only way I can see it is he’s going through progressions.But as Kollman said why we didn’t have Julio attacking thee other seam to hold the safety is the real issue.

Instead Ryan has to force the ball in there almost getting Sanu KOed.

#clueless

Naw, that was the seam play. The rub play was the very 1st play he showed. Look at how wide open Sanu was. On the seam play, he's correct. You dont send 1 WR up the seam unless the play is designed for an underneath guy to come open and the seam is to take away the Safety. Should had a mismatch on a LB underneath. 

2 hours ago, ScatteredSmutheredCovered said:

Combination of both. Falcons roster is thin at d line and o line and defensive secondary, their LBs are slow, and their coach is not the best. I think the first fix is probably looking at the people putting it all together and working down from there. 

Lost all.credibility with LBs being slow. The.argument could be made that we have the fastest LB core in the league. Top on.depth chart are in the 4.5 range,with Demon Jones a 4.4 flat guy

32 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Lost all.credibility with LBs being slow. The.argument could be made that we have the fastest LB core in the league. Top on.depth chart are in the 4.5 range,with Demon Jones a 4.4 flat guy

There is no arguement to be made the play on the field and the record show the results they arent that fast. Several up to date articles on the web where you can read and see Falcons LBs are ranked in the back of most teams in the NFL they just arent good. 

10 hours ago, ScatteredSmutheredCovered said:

There is no arguement to be made the play on the field and the record show the results they arent that fast. Several up to date articles on the web where you can read and see Falcons LBs are ranked in the back of most teams in the NFL they just arent good. 

Wtf are you talking about. Name another team who has a slb, mlb, and wlb that ALL run sub 4.6? You said.speed is the problem and speed is just not their problem. Deion  Jones ran.a 4.38 at his pro day ffs.