Jump to content

Even Aaron Rodgers can’t win it without a strong supporting cast


Recommended Posts

Well, in light of his stellar performance tonight, it’s obvious that Aaron Rodgers is clearly the G.O.A.T. right? (Heavy sarcasm...very deep purple). In reality, he is an elite quarterback, but he, like almost all others, cannot win it on his own  

in reality, it simply goes to show that in the NFL, no matter how good your QB is, you almost always need a good running game and defense, among other things, to be consistently successful. We see Rodgers looking VERY average tonight. He is experiencing tonight what Matt Ryan has had to deal with almost his entire career. The Packers tonight have had no defense, no running game, poor pass blocking and they have been out coached. Sound familiar? As good as Aaron Rodgers is, and he truly is elite, as we clearly see tonight, he can’t win it on his own. It would be fair and reasonable to remember this next year when and if the defense, lack of running game, poor pass blocking and inferior coaching on our part help to put Matt Ryan in a similar situation then to what Aaron Rodgers finds himself in tonight. 
 

This isn’t to make fun of Rodgers or to be an apologist for Ryan. My point is this: Matt is not perfect, but he is one of the very least of our overall problems. I wonder how Ryan would do with a defense like SF has tonight, a running back with 200 yards in a playoff game, an OL that keeps him untouched and, like Garapollo, not having to throw a pass since the second quarter? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, A Dog Named Brian said:

Are you really implying that this is a TEAM sport????

Yes I know some people think that one person can consistently beat eleven, but yes, this is a team sport:). Rodgers is doing his best but his defense has let him down, he has had no running game and his team has been out coached. 
 

Edit: That pass to Kittle was Garapolo’s first pass in an hour and a half. A running game is a beautiful thing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Ouchie marvin....my apologies.....you got me (or rather, I got myself jumping to conclusions without reading post! :ninja:)

No worries my brother. It’s all good. Rodgers, one of the best of our generation without question, ended tonight with two picks and two fumbles. As good as he is, he couldn’t do it on his own. I think we have a quarterback who is in the conversation as being one of the best in the NFL since 2008 as well. It would be great to see what he could do with a running game, a top flight defense and consistently good coaching. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Well, in light of his stellar performance tonight, it’s obvious that Aaron Rodgers is clearly the G.O.A.T. right? (Heavy sarcasm...very deep purple). In reality, he is an elite quarterback, but he, like almost all others, cannot win it on his own  

in reality, it simply goes to show that in the NFL, no matter how good your QB is, you almost always need a good running game and defense, among other things, to be consistently successful. We see Rodgers looking VERY average tonight. He is experiencing tonight what Matt Ryan has had to deal with almost his entire career. The Packers tonight have had no defense, no running game, poor pass blocking and they have been out coached. Sound familiar? As good as Aaron Rodgers is, and he truly is elite, as we clearly see tonight, he can’t win it on his own. It would be fair and reasonable to remember this next year when and if the defense, lack of running game, poor pass blocking and inferior coaching on our part help to put Matt Ryan in a similar situation then to what Aaron Rodgers finds himself in tonight. 
 

This isn’t to make fun of Rodgers or to be an apologist for Ryan. My point is this: Matt is not perfect, but he is one of the very least of our overall problems. I wonder how Ryan would do with a defense like SF has tonight, a running back with 200 yards in a playoff game, an OL that keeps him untouched and, like Garapollo, not having to throw a pass since the second quarter? 

All great points!  I’d say he’d have another MVP year just like (last time he had KS)  l15/16 and most likely a Lombardi bc that D wouldn’t play prevent until they choked up a huge lead. MR is absolutely least of our issues.  In fact we can win it all w him.  Just gotta get competent coaching and supporting cast.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Packers defense really sucked tonight and the first half play calling for greenbay was horrible.. Didnt have much to do with Rodgers honestly 

Idk man I kept hearing about 2 fumbles and an INT and even the announcers kept pointing out poor throws by Rodgers. If you're gonna be so apologetic of Rodgers at least try doing the same for Ryan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Stellar performance? Rodgers has made some horrible throws this game. 
 

If Matt threw 2 Ints in NFC championship game TAFT would crucify him. 

 

Yep

 

Rodgers had a bunch of bad throws. He threw behind Adams on that 2 point conversion try. If Rodgers had put it in front of Adams it would've been successful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, likeriver said:

Idk man I kept hearing about 2 fumbles and an INT and even the announcers kept pointing out poor throws by Rodgers. If you're gonna be so apologetic of Rodgers at least try doing the same for Ryan.

Again, the point here being that Rodgers had to try to carry the team because of no defense, no running game, poor pass protection and being out coached. As a result, we see two picks, two fumbles and basically being out of the game from the beginning to the end. Sound familiar? He had an off game and made some bad throws for sure, but it is a team game. I think he still ended up 30/37 or something like that.  I just hate seeing Ryan get crucified regularly for constantly having to deal with what the other quarterbacks face much less often. With better defense, pass blocking, run game and consistently good coaching we would be just fine with Matt for at least several more years.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

Yep

 

Rodgers had a bunch of bad throws. He threw behind Adams on that 2 point conversion try. If Rodgers had put it in front of Adams it would've been successful.

That simply can’t be true. Rodgers is ELITE. He is PERFECT. Only our mere mortal QB can do those things. (Purple sarcasm)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, likeriver said:

Idk man I kept hearing about 2 fumbles and an INT and even the announcers kept pointing out poor throws by Rodgers. If you're gonna be so apologetic of Rodgers at least try doing the same for Ryan.

What up man...I was going to say where you been...but it looks like you been posting a few times this month...Either way...nice to see you back....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I said earlier, IMO,  it’s time that people face the fact that both Rodgers and Brees have put up epic numbers over the years, but they are not top ten QBs of all time.

Each was on a team that had a perfect offseason once, and got a ring. It’s also been nearly a decade since Rodgers’, and longer for Brees. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...