Falcons Fan MVP

should we go ahead and keep Freeman one more year?

63 posts in this topic

ATL.gif
ATL_logo-80x90.gif

Ok here is our running game.  Down year you say? How many years would you like to see this stat?  Not going to the superbowl with that kind of continuity.  Maybe go to the diaper bowl.

RUSH YDS
85.1(30th)
Edited by Realsurfin

5 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:
ATL.gif
ATL_logo-80x90.gif

Ok here is our running game.  Down year you say? How many years would you like to see this stat?  Not going to the superbowl with that kind of continuity.  Maybe go to the diaper bowl.

RUSH YDS
85.1(30th)

Likely won’t be too much better next year with Koetter as OC.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

13 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

Freeman is used up.  Would take a whole lot for him to get his stats up.  We have a pitiful ground game.  Quinn has had plenty of time to shine.  He has used up his mandate.  TD LOL is why we are discussing dead money.

We are tight on cap space because he resigned a lot of the really good players he drafted, there are a couple that have lived up to that second contract, but hindsight is always 20/20 on that.  

I am also of the believer that Free still has a good amount left in the tank, but we won’t see it in the scheme Dirk ran this year, same reason we didn’t see it Free’s rookie year under Dirk as well.  No one was saying Free was washed up as a rookie, just an easy thing to say now that he has been hurt and a few years older.  Look at the stats from 2014 and 2019 and they are similar for him, only two seasons he has been under 4 yards a carry.  

Francis York Morgan and Vandy like this

I think at this point we kind of have to keep him, seeing as how we declined to trade him at the trade deadline and receive actual compensation for him.. 

I would look for a trade partner, but as others have said I may not sure I would just cut him outright.

On 1/19/2020 at 4:40 PM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Hill is not under contract and would cost us 2.5 mil to tender. Draft a rb.

Yeah, hill is far less an attractive option considering the tender aspect and the fact he’s simply not worth paying anywhere close to that. He’s a JAG.

got Ollie on a rookie deal. Draft one

1989Fan likes this

29 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Yeah, hill is far less an attractive option considering the tender aspect and the fact he’s simply not worth paying anywhere close to that. He’s a JAG.

got Ollie on a rookie deal. Draft one

We don’t have to tender him. We can just choose to negotiate w him as UFA. Same thing the team will likely do w Koo who is also RFA. 

that said, I agree w letting him walk and drafting a RB. Gonna be some real talent there in rounds 2-3.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 3:57 PM, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Clearly you don't understand the cap because it's been said one million times on this board that there are no June 1st cuts this year unless a new CBA gets signed. Now it's been said one million and one times

You can say it all you want, but there will be a deal signed, so it really isn't an issue.  The NFL and NFLPA won't jeopardize the cash cow that they have.  A deal will get done...

I didnt see anything from Free that we couldn't get from a 3rd round rookie. Let's move on and use the savings to help re-up Hoop and add a pass rusher.

On 1/20/2020 at 11:39 PM, Rings said:

We are tight on cap space because he resigned a lot of the really good players he drafted, there are a couple that have lived up to that second contract, but hindsight is always 20/20 on that.  

I am also of the believer that Free still has a good amount left in the tank, but we won’t see it in the scheme Dirk ran this year, same reason we didn’t see it Free’s rookie year under Dirk as well.  No one was saying Free was washed up as a rookie, just an easy thing to say now that he has been hurt and a few years older.  Look at the stats from 2014 and 2019 and they are similar for him, only two seasons he has been under 4 yards a carry.  

I compare Freeman to other running backs when I watch other games and teams.  Winning teams.  He just does not seem to get anywhere.  He gets stuffed after a couple of steps.  Very predictable.  We are not going to the superbowl without ground game.  Add the fact that our Oline is holier than the Pope.  Making Matty into a crash test dummy weekly.    

Toss in that Cap Space might be an issue.  TD is going to probably make some limited moves that will be spun as pure creative accounting genius. So I see business as usual for the Falcons.  A day late and a dollar short.

Its Falcon off season.  Like an episode of Fantasy Island.  The land of "What if".

10 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

I compare Freeman to other running backs when I watch other games and teams.  Winning teams.  He just does not seem to get anywhere.  He gets stuffed after a couple of steps.  Very predictable.  We are not going to the superbowl without ground game.  Add the fact that our Oline is holier than the Pope.  Making Matty into a crash test dummy weekly.    

Toss in that Cap Space might be an issue.  TD is going to probably make some limited moves that will be spun as pure creative accounting genius. So I see business as usual for the Falcons.  A day late and a dollar short.

Its Falcon off season.  Like an episode of Fantasy Island.  The land of "What if".

Everything you just described, and all I think of is how bad our offensive scheme is, not our players.