Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

9 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I can assure you no one will ever forget how bad this thread is.

"Look at who we drafted at 17, but could have gotten because he fell all the way to 45 Huuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, I'm gonna ignore we had no SS and no LB to speak of."

It seems as if you are misinterpreting the point of this thread. 

Did you watch the videos?

11 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

It seems as if you are misinterpreting the point of this thread. 

Did you watch the videos?

Oh **** my bad. Just glossed over assumed it was Henry highlights and then Neal one year highlights. I'll leave my original. I'll eat my crow.

Keanu is one of my favorite players when healthy and playing at his best. Kinda like Willie Mo was. The problem is he hasn't been either of those things for two years running. He didn't look the same last year either, even before the injury...again like Willie Mo. Sometimes the injuries just take too much of a toll. If he comes back next year, he needs to strictly be a LB, kinda like Telvin Smith. And even then...for 6 mil, I just don't know. It's crappy, because I want him to get his money with him putting his body on the line, but it's just so hard to recover from what he went through.

Here's hoping. Wouldn't be too surprised if we rescinded the option and tried to bring him back cheaper on a one year deal.

12 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Keanu is one of my favorite players when healthy and playing at his best. Kinda like Willie Mo was. The problem is he hasn't been either of those things for two years running. He didn't look the same last year either, even before the injury...again like Willie Mo. Sometimes the injuries just take too much of a toll. If he comes back next year, he needs to strictly be a LB, kinda like Telvin Smith. And even then...for 6 mil, I just don't know. It's crappy, because I want him to get his money with him putting his body on the line, but it's just so hard to recover from what he went through.

Here's hoping. Wouldn't be too surprised if we rescinded the option and tried to bring him back cheaper on a one year deal.

I think his biggest hurdle will mental, not really physical. Physically, ACL and achilles injurys are not as catastrophic as they used to be years ago.

Season ending injurys two years in a row sucks though.

This video if O'Neal almost have you tear up cause we may not see that O'Neal again. I needed that refreshing, great post. That's some Scott Case hittin going on. Really I think of O'Neal as our tone setter, defense just not the same. You think he will be ready game 1?

19 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

I think his biggest hurdle will mental, not really physical. Physically, ACL and achilles injurys are not as catastrophic as they used to be years ago.

Season ending injurys two years in a row sucks though.

Yeah, I’ve had an ACL and come back (not even college level) just HS and the one thing I did playing and still do, is protect that knee.   It still bothers me mentally anytime I do physical activity.  I was never a speed merchant but became at least a step slower from that point on.   I love the guy, hope he makes it back even better and lord knows he’s in totally different class and time than when/where I played but I do wonder and truly feel for the man!!

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

At this point I think his cap space is more valuable than his contributions on the field and in the training room. I'd cut him and I'm a Neal fan.

Hate to say this bc I like him too but business wise....you’re most likely correct.  

3 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

At this point I think his cap space is more valuable than his contributions on the field and in the training room. I'd cut him and I'm a Neal fan.

2 things

1. if he gives you 16 games.. He will be worth it... its a wait and see situation.

2. Its basically guaranteed (because of the injury) ... So there is no cutting.

I feel like its more bad luck then anything because he did not have a injury history before these last 2 years.... Im just hopping this is a Thomas davis situation (a couple of rough injury years then he came back strong)

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

2 things

1. if he gives you 16 games.. He will be worth it... its a wait and see situation.

2. Its basically guaranteed (because of the injury) ... So there is no cutting.

I feel like its more bad luck then anything because he did not have a injury history before these last 2 years.... Im just hopping this is a Thomas davis situation (a couple of rough injury years then he came back strong)

Seems I remember there is a window where we can rescind the option pending the results of his physical. If he fails it we're screwed either way.

His coverage is spotty. He's likely gonna just be another WillyMo. Big hitter that can't cover or tackle. Give me that $6M and I'd put it on Anthony Harris.

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Seems I remember there is a window where we can rescind the option pending the results of his physical. If he fails it we're screwed either way.

His coverage is spotty. He's likely gonna just be another WillyMo. Big hitter that can't cover or tackle. Give me that $6M and I'd put it on Anthony Harris.

Neal is a lot better tackler than Willy Mo. Moore would go for the big hit and not form tackle far too often. Neal form tackles well. Moore had better ball skills but Neals coverage is overall better. 

8 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

Neal is a lot better tackler than Willy Mo. Moore would go for the big hit and not form tackle far too often. Neal form tackles well. Moore had better ball skills but Neals coverage is overall better. 

LMAO. His 2019 PFF Coverage rating was 41.7, in 90 coverage snaps.

That ranks 153rd out of 163. I know, I know. PFF sucks. :rolleyes: