Will Chaisson fall to 16 if enough QBs go ahead of us?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He replaces Campbell at SAM and can be a nickel pass rusher. Also, and maybe most importantly, he's a very vocal leader and his motor never stops. I'm praying he's there at 16 because he's 100% the pi

Like him a lot.  He’s a vocal leader too.  Backs it up with his play and motor.  He’ll light the combine up, but he’ll be at 16 for sure.  Other teams’ needs ahead of us are too glaring for them to ta

Man has a very smooth spin move

57 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

All of it....

Show me how he is better than VB44 coming out of Clemson as a pass rusher...he’s not...

The NFL is way different...at this point, he’s a situational pass rusher at best...

And that is really poor value at #16

Javon Kinlaw, Espenesa are the DL options at #16, no others....

He replaces Campbell at SAM and can be a nickel pass rusher. Also, and maybe most importantly, he's a very vocal leader and his motor never stops. I'm praying he's there at 16 because he's 100% the pick.

Comparing him to Beasley is almost disrespectful tbh. Give Beasley Chaisson's motor and drive to improve and he's a top 5 DE in the league, period. The dude is 20. TWENTY! It's ridiculous. I'd take him over almost anyone in the draft...just worried he rises a ton over the next few months. He's going to interview well too.

2017-04-01_15-58-12-1-600x300.jpg

For example, Campebell was our SAM. Chaisson would man the same position as Campbell did. He's a stand up LB that can rush the passer. He is not a hands in the dirt straight up pass rusher and nothing else. He covers TE's, he covers the flats extremely well so he will be the antidote to Kamara and Mccaffrey catching passes out of the backfield, it's just an added bonus that he's a heck of a pass rusher too.

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

He replaces Campbell at SAM and can be a nickel pass rusher. Also, and maybe most importantly, he's a very vocal leader and his motor never stops. I'm praying he's there at 16 because he's 100% the pick.

Comparing him to Beasley is almost disrespectful tbh. Give Beasley Chaisson's motor and drive to improve and he's a top 5 DE in the league, period. The dude is 20. TWENTY! It's ridiculous. I'd take him over almost anyone in the draft...just worried he rises a ton over the next few months. He's going to interview well too.

He thinks that all he is is an edge rusher because that's what it says by his name on mock sites.

26 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I’m not buying a “maybe” good SAM backer at 16...

Hes started 13 college games...let’s slow our roll on the draft pundits...

11 minutes ago, vel said:

I doubt Chaisson makes it to #16. He's 20 with massive upside. Those guys tend to rise during the process.

I’ve seen some guys I follow on Twitter compare him to Brian Burns among many other comps. I think Burns turned 21 last year at the time of the draft?

Its possible he falls. Just one of the guys if still available type scenario...

10 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

It's like you didn't even read the post dude

I did read the post and comprehended what was needed.

The bottom line:

Chaisson at 16 is poor draft value and not the best use of draft capital to improve our defense. If you want to take him in the 2nd round, I’m fine with that approach.

4 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

I did read the post and comprehended what was needed.

The bottom line:

Chaisson at 16 is poor draft value and not the best use of draft capital to improve our defense. If you want to take him in the 2nd round, I’m fine with that approach.

Ok so what is good value @ 16 mr guy? Lets hear it.

40 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

I’ve seen some guys I follow on Twitter compare him to Brian Burns among many other comps. I think Burns turned 21 last year at the time of the draft?

Its possible he falls. Just one of the guys if still available type scenario...

I wouldn't cry ergo even if we end up drafting a DT like Kinlaw or a Safety Delpit.  

Bottom line, no doubt a very good defensive prospect is going to be there at 16....

10 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

He stated Epenesa and Kinlaw. Neither option seems like a good pick at this point. I don’t like Epenesa, and I’m not sold on Kinlaw. I have to research the OP’s prospect a bit more before stating an opinion. Right now I have Biadasz as my top pick.

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I wouldn't cry ergo even if we end up drafting a DT like Kinlaw or a Safety Delpit.  

Bottom line, no doubt a very good defensive prospect is going to be there at 16....

Not sold on Kinlaw. Delpit’s stock was hurt due to poor tackling this year, although that could have coincided with his ankle injury. I think his draft stock is going to be determined by his combine. 

15 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Not sold on Kinlaw. Delpit’s stock was hurt due to poor tackling this year, although that could have coincided with his ankle injury. I think his draft stock is going to be determined by his combine. 

He’ll (Delpit) kill it in the combine.

My bigger point is I think our pick at 16 will be a difficult one in that there could be 3-4 viable candidates to choose from. Which Wasn’t the case last year. 

18 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

He stated Epenesa and Kinlaw. Neither option seems like a good pick at this point. I don’t like Epenesa, and I’m not sold on Kinlaw. I have to research the OP’s prospect a bit more before stating an opinion. Right now I have Biadasz as my top pick.

This draft is quite a bit deeper @ DT than it is LB. I'm hoping we address DE in free agency. I like Epenesa, but his still set is easier to find than Chaisson's is. We could re-sign Clayborn and get that.

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Besides the obvious players....Kinlaw, Epenesa, Delpit, Murray...

Falcons needs to really be looking at trade up options for Simmons or Brown....or trade back options...

I really do like Kinlaw at 16...brings what is needed to front 7 and draft capital wise, slots nicely without an overreach